What's new

Tata Nano... Whats thew news in Pakistan about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ thats true plus CNG is also cost effective compared to petrol and diesel prices. Thats another reason why it was effective in pakistan.

CNG is less pollutant than petrol or diesel.

depends.. but it is much much cheaper to run vehicles on CNG than Petrol or Diesel, the major trade off is lower power output (and snob value ;) )

Busses and Autos in Delhi were forced to be fitted with CNG kits due to pollution concerns. Carowners in Delhi voluntarily switch to CNG to save on fuel costs.

the govt CNG kit(IGL) f****d my car!
i had a suzuki model and the boot just could not support the damn cylinder!
my car use to look like a big a$$ frog when it used to 'negotiate' them speed breakers!

Hey... so you would be having very low polution levels is that right????? And how much does CNG cost there???

In 2005 when i bought my first car CNG / Kg was 29Rs. Now it is 48Rs/Kg, but still its cost effective and Environment Friendly. I have 1300 CC Honda City, with one cylinder (8kg). it travels 125Km in city and on highways it gives me 150-160 Km per Cylinder.

In 2005 when i bought my first car CNG / Kg was 29Rs. Now it is 48Rs/Kg, but still its cost effective and Environment Friendly. I have 1300 CC Honda City, with one cylinder (8kg). it travels 125Km in city and on highways it gives me 150-160 Km per Cylinder.

Hey why is it costly there.. here in delhi the cng cots 27.50 /Kg But yeah kilometers are good. Still far more cheaper and enviornment friendly than petrol engine cars.

Hey why is it costly there.. here in delhi the cng cots 27.50 /Kg But yeah kilometers are good. Still far more cheaper and enviornment friendly than petrol engine cars.

Bro!
The whole Pakistan started using Natrual Gas. Cars,Power Plants, Industry and Houses. Every thing is running on CNG while the natural reservoirs are limited. So the Govt. increased its price to regulate its uses. Yeah its cheaper and the CNG stations are on every road and corner. So the easy availability is another factor. I mostly travel on motorways and my car easily enjoys 120 km/h (the speed limit on motorway is 120km/h)

Bro!
The whole Pakistan started using Natrual Gas. Cars,Power Plants, Industry and Houses. Every thing is running on CNG while the natural reservoirs are limited. So the Govt. increased its price to regulate its uses. Yeah its cheaper and the CNG stations are on every road and corner. So the easy availability is another factor. I mostly travel on motorways and my car easily enjoys 120 km/h (the speed limit on motorway is 120km/h)

Oh i c. Well here CNG penetration is much less. Hmm may be in the comming years more and more pumps shall be comming up hopefully.

Oh i c. Well here CNG penetration is much less. Hmm may be in the comming years more and more pumps shall be comming up hopefully.

yup but what about the Natural gas reservoirs in India? will the meet the domestic requirement with such huge demands

How come it is cost effective>>:bounce::bounce:

yup but what about the Natural gas reservoirs in India? will the meet the domestic requirement with such huge demands

India's natural gas reserves are currently estimated (as of January 2005) at about 29-32 trillion cubic feet (tcf), or about 0.5% of the world total. Most of these reserves lie offshore northwest of Mumbai in the Arabian Sea and onshore in Gujarat state. India does not yet rank in the top 20 of the world's greatest natural gas consumers, but that will soon change. Natural gas has experienced the fastest rate of increase of any fuel in India's primary energy supply; demand is growing at about 4.8% per year and is forecast to rise to 1.2 tcf per year by 2010 and 1.6 tcf per year by 2015.

In recent days India found large reservoirs of natural gas in krishna godhavari basin...

India's natural gas reserves are currently estimated (as of January 2005) at about 29-32 trillion cubic feet (tcf), or about 0.5% of the world total. Most of these reserves lie offshore northwest of Mumbai in the Arabian Sea and onshore in Gujarat state. India does not yet rank in the top 20 of the world's greatest natural gas consumers, but that will soon change. Natural gas has experienced the fastest rate of increase of any fuel in India's primary energy supply; demand is growing at about 4.8% per year and is forecast to rise to 1.2 tcf per year by 2010 and 1.6 tcf per year by 2015.

In recent days India found large reservoirs of natural gas in krishna godhavari basin...

i think india will take 10-15 years to build infrastructure.

New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) India’s largest private oil major, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), has started production of oil from the Krishna-Godavari (K-G) basin, its chairman Mukesh D. Ambani said Sunday.The initial production will be 5,000 barrels of oil a day, which will be ramped up to 550,000 barrels a day in the next six quarters. This will increase India’s domestic oil production by 40 percent.

According to Ambani, the company plans to become the largest deepwater developer in the world.

Gas production from the Krishna-Godavri basin is expected to start in first quarter of 2009. The K-G basin will bring down India’s import bill by Rs.1,000 billion per year, Ambani said.

The gas will be sold at a base price of $4.2 per mmbtu (million British thermal unit) compared to the $2.02 quoted by the Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC).

The utilisation of the gas is still embroiled in controversy, with RIL and younger brother Anil Ambani’s Reliance Natural Resources Ltd locked in litigation in the Bombay High Court over sharing of natural gas from the K-G basin.

The next hearing is Sep 30.

Mukesh Ambani said RIL will also enter into the exploration and production of uranium

CNG infra I reckon will take another 5-10 years to spring up all over INdia.. but it really depends on govt and laws... and petrol and diesel are major revenue earners for the govt so I don't think they are too keen to push for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom