What's new

Tata Motors gets order for over 200 Hexa from Bangladesh Army

Hexa is the best looking and the best performing TATA car. Unfortunately it has to go against the might of Innova in the MPV segment, although Innova can never do what Hexa does. So the sales numbers are very discouraging, limited to mostly enthusiasts.

Word is that Hexa will be axed when the 7seat Harrier aka Buzzard/Cassini hits the market.

Although Hexa is very capable, BD would probably be better off with the Safari, considering it'll have great support thanks to the Indian Army and better sales numbers, though now axed.

Either someone in the BD Army wanted a car more modern than Safari, or TATA is emptying the lot.

Hexa is the best looking and the best performing TATA car. Unfortunately it has to go against the might of Innova in the MPV segment, although Innova can never do what Hexa does. So the sales numbers are very discouraging, limited to mostly enthusiasts.
I have been in a Hexa, tbh I didn't like it. Yes, it is strong but the ergonomics simply is dull. I wouldn't complement it on the looks, Harrier looks much better and I have seen the interiors of Harrier which is way better than Hexa which has Suzuki style plastic stuffs inside.

I have been in a Hexa, tbh I didn't like it. Yes, it is strong but the ergonomics simply is dull. I wouldn't complement it on the looks, Harrier looks much better and I have seen the interiors of Harrier which is way better than Hexa which has Suzuki style plastic stuffs inside.
I agree about the interior. Harrier is a generation ahead, although with an ugly steering wheel. Harrier is even better in safety standards. So I'm just being superficial about Hexa's better looks.

Subjective.

Tata Motors gets order for over 200 Hexa from Bangladesh Army

PTI New Delhi | Updated on July 08, 2019 Published on July 08, 2019

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...hexa-from-bangladesh-army/article28319712.ece
hexaJPG

Tata Motors on Monday said it has received an order for over 200 units of its sports utility vehicle Hexa from Bangladesh Army. The company said it has won the contract for the four-wheel drive version of the model.

“Bangladesh is a key market for us and this order is a clear sign of Tata Motors’ commitment and growing success in the market,” Tata Motors Head International Business (Passenger Vehicles) Sujan Roy said in a statement. The company is exploring multiple avenues to work closely with the Bangladesh armed forces, he added.

Tata Motors has been selling passenger vehicles in Bangladesh since 2012. It is currently amongst the top two best-selling passenger vehicle brands in Bangladesh with the Tata Indigo, Tata Tiago and Tata Nexon in its portfolio of offerings. The Tata Hexa is being made available exclusively for the use of the Armed Forces and is currently not available for purchase for private customers.

These are pretty darn cheap for 14 lakhs rupee. I would rather see them by 4runner, more versatile than Hexa.

These are pretty darn cheap for 14 lakhs rupee. I would rather see them by 4runner, more versatile than Hexa.

4runners last 4 ever !

Last edited:

Word is that Hexa will be axed when the 7seat Harrier aka Buzzard/Cassini hits the market.

Although Hexa is very capable, BD would probably be better off with the Safari, considering it'll have great support thanks to the Indian Army and better sales numbers, though now axed.

Either someone in the BD Army wanted a car more modern than Safari, or TATA is emptying the lot.
Harriers have been a success, heavily inspired fr Range Rover Evoque

I guess everyone expected Bangladeshis to jump in with comments like "Indian cars are Sh*t" etc.

Well - not gonna take the bait.

Although I will be surprised if Tata (or any Indian brand) hardly sold 200 SUV's or cars in entire last decade here in Bangladesh. They are as rare as Hen's teeth on Bangladeshi roads. Indian trucks and buses sell here because parts are available and plentiful and the wheels of commerce must keep-on-turnin'.

If you don't believe me, just watch some Bangladeshi road videos on Youtube and watch what cars you see...no Tata Nanos or cheap micro mini cars like in Kolkata for sure.

On a more rational note, Indian car industry has come a long way because of all around Industry efforts there. Especially since Indian cars were banned because they failed Euro NCAP crash tests sometime ago. Cheaper Indian cars still are more or less deathtraps (those selling for three lakhs or so) and I believe these should still be banned.

Now don't jump in with 'Chhota Muh me baraa baat' because Bangladesh just started assembling cars, trucks, buses in larger numbers a few years ago (cars mostly since 1960's). Our market doesn't warrant a large car industry and backward linkages, therefore, don't exist. It is stupid and foolish to compare Indian industry to that of Bangladesh.

We will concentrate on those industrial sectors (small electrics, clothes, shoes) that benefit us export-wise with low-wage value addition. Scenario is totally different from India now but it IS changing.

These are pretty darn cheap for 14 lakhs rupee. I would rather see them by 4runner, more versatile that Hexa.

4runners last 4 ever !
True, 4runners really do last 4ever.
Given Fuel is pretty expensive in Asian countries, that would be a factor. Hexa's 17kmpl is more than twice fo the 4runner's 17mpg(7.23 kmpl). In addition, 4runner is not a standard offering in the Asian Subcontinent where Toyota fields it's Fortuner platform instead (which also is twice the cost of Hexa). So there also would be significant issues with spares and maintaining for a one-off purchase.

I guess everyone expected Bangladeshis to jump in with comments like "Indian cars are Sh*t" etc.

Although I will be surprised if Tata (or any Indian brand) hardly sold 200 SUV's or cars in entire last decade here in Bangladesh. They are as rare as Hen's teeth on Bangladeshi roads. Indian trucks and buses sell here because parts are available and plentiful and the wheels of commerce must keep-on-turnin'.

If you don't believe me, just watch some Bangladeshi road videos on Youtube and watch what cars you see...no Tata Nanos or cheap micro mini cars like in Kolkata for sure.

On a more rational note, Indian car industry has come a long way because of all around Industry efforts there. Especially since Indian cars were banned because they failed Euro NCAP crash tests sometime ago. Cheaper Indian cars still are more or less deathtraps (those selling for three lakhs or so) and I believe these should still be banned.

Now don't jump in with 'Chhota Muh me baraa baat' because Bangladesh just started assembling cars, trucks, buses in larger numbers a few years ago (cars mostly since 1960's). Our market doesn't warrant a large car industry and backward linkages, therefore, don't exist. It is stupid and foolish to compare Indian industry to that of Bangladesh.

We will concentrate on those industrial sectors (small electrics, clothes, shoes) that benefit us export-wise with low-wage value addition. Scenario is totally different from India now but it IS changing.
No one compared indian and Bangladesh automobile industry except you

No one compared indian and Bangladesh automobile industry except you

Oh there are plenty of Sanghis jumping up and down trying to diss us for the last few years, go back and see. :-)

Typical desi BIMARU FOB mentality.

In order to prove 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' and feel adequate, they gotta diss somebody. And we are an easy target.

Comparing automotive industrial progress of a country like Bangladesh with India is odd, whose economy is seven/eight times our size. The comparison should rather be with China, whose automotive market now has exceeded that of the US.

Last edited:
Oh there are plenty of Sanghis jumping up and down trying to diss us for the last few years, go back and see. :-)

Typical desi BIMARU FOB mentality.

In order to prove 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' and feel adequate, they gotta diss somebody. And we are an easy target.

Comparing a country like Bangladesh with India, whose economy is seven/eight times our size. The comparison should rather be with China, whose automotive market now has exceeded that of the US.
Infact i haven't seen any such comment on this thread , why would anyone compare India and Bangladesh , irrelevant comparisons are done by only self bloated egos
Here you called Indian cars shit as they are not seen on Bangladesh market , so who is suffering from Bimaru Fob mentality now?

Since you are living in stone age.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/5-safest-mass-market-cars-in-india-rated-by-global-ncap-409854

Tata Nexon has full 5 star rating and a Mahindra car has 4 crash rating.

Tata and Mahindra platforms now undergo regular NCAP crash tests. It will be replaced by Indian standard Bharat NCAP from next year most likely copying European standards.

Latter is a better guess (getting rid of overstock and a possible deal-too-good-to-pass-up), and probably someone in the Army brass got paid off as well.

I am sorry - but both Toyota Innova (nee the erstwhile 'Toyota Kijang';the most POS cheap sheetmetal uninspired Asian market 'SUV' to sully a Toyota badge - born in Indonesia as a low rent van/station wagon) and Tata Hexa are really bad choices for our Army. The Army will probably use these as disposable liaison vehicles, in all honesty. I have been in an Innova, God forbid I will hopefully never be in one again. Don't know about the Hexa. The farm equipment mechanicals, flimsy plastics and lack of refinement all scream 'cheap'.

I mean - these pieces of automotive disillusionment don't have to be Lexus or MBZ SUV's. They just need to be as good as, say a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport or Proton X70 at a minimum, which are far better choices, already assembled in Bangladesh. Just stating facts.

Proton X70 from PHP/Proton-Bangladesh, CKD assembled in Chittagong.
2712201817_17.png
iu

Pajero Sport, assembled by RANGS
iu

Latter is a better guess (getting rid of overstock and a possible deal-too-good-to-pass-up), and probably someone in the Army brass got paid off as well.

I am sorry - but both Toyota Innova (nee the erstwhile 'Toyota Kijang';the most POS cheap sheetmetal uninspired Asian market 'SUV' to sully a Toyota badge - born in Indonesia as a low rent van/station wagon) and Tata Hexa are really bad choices for our Army. The Army will probably use these as disposable liaison vehicles, in all honesty. I have been in an Innova, God forbid I will hopefully never be in one again. Don't know about the Hexa. The farm equipment mechanicals, flimsy plastics and lack of refinement all scream 'cheap'.

I mean - these pieces of automotive disillusionment don't have to be Lexus or MBZ SUV's. They just need to be as good as, say a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport or Proton X70 at a minimum, which are far better choices, already assembled in Bangladesh. Just stating facts.

Proton X70 from PHP/Proton-Bangladesh, CKD assembled in Chittagong.
2712201817_17.png
iu

Pajero Sport, assembled by RANGS
iu
You also have to factor in the costs?well if price isnt a criteria for uber rich Bangladesh army i would suggest Mercedes AMG GLS 63 or Lambo Urus
Tata Hexa starts from 14 lakhs while Pajero from 28 , approx double the price

Back
Top Bottom