What's new

Tata Motors gets order for over 200 Hexa from Bangladesh Army

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

PTI New Delhi | Updated on July 08, 2019 Published on July 08, 2019

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...hexa-from-bangladesh-army/article28319712.ece
hexaJPG

Tata Motors on Monday said it has received an order for over 200 units of its sports utility vehicle Hexa from Bangladesh Army. The company said it has won the contract for the four-wheel drive version of the model.

“Bangladesh is a key market for us and this order is a clear sign of Tata Motors’ commitment and growing success in the market,” Tata Motors Head International Business (Passenger Vehicles) Sujan Roy said in a statement. The company is exploring multiple avenues to work closely with the Bangladesh armed forces, he added.

Tata Motors has been selling passenger vehicles in Bangladesh since 2012. It is currently amongst the top two best-selling passenger vehicle brands in Bangladesh with the Tata Indigo, Tata Tiago and Tata Nexon in its portfolio of offerings. The Tata Hexa is being made available exclusively for the use of the Armed Forces and is currently not available for purchase for private customers.

How the F@ck you mount turrets SUVs ?????
:rofl:

Will turrets be mounted on top?
These will be used by bangladeshi red tape as staff cars.
Indians use them in that role too.

PTI New Delhi | Updated on July 08, 2019 Published on July 08, 2019

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...hexa-from-bangladesh-army/article28319712.ece
hexaJPG

Tata Motors on Monday said it has received an order for over 200 units of its sports utility vehicle Hexa from Bangladesh Army. The company said it has won the contract for the four-wheel drive version of the model.

“Bangladesh is a key market for us and this order is a clear sign of Tata Motors’ commitment and growing success in the market,” Tata Motors Head International Business (Passenger Vehicles) Sujan Roy said in a statement. The company is exploring multiple avenues to work closely with the Bangladesh armed forces, he added.

Tata Motors has been selling passenger vehicles in Bangladesh since 2012. It is currently amongst the top two best-selling passenger vehicle brands in Bangladesh with the Tata Indigo, Tata Tiago and Tata Nexon in its portfolio of offerings. The Tata Hexa is being made available exclusively for the use of the Armed Forces and is currently not available for purchase for private customers.
Should have just bought Corollas of Honda sedans like Pakistan.
Your military pretty much uses the same vehicles as Pakistan or atleast used to.

Your military pretty much uses the same vehicles as Pakistan or atleast used to.

Seems insignificant.

Better value of money on these compared to the Japanese variant's, cheaper spares, and pretty good initial build quality. Comparable vehicles from Honda and Toyota : (CRV/Pilot or Highlander/innova crysta) would be at a higher price point. Don't know about the reliability, Don't think anyone can beat the Japanese at that.

The closest competition to Hexa in Indian markets is the Mahindra XUV500, I had bought the same for my dad about 6 years ago, I have driven it a few times while visiting; one thing I have come to realize that Indian auto companies provide an amazing quantity of features for the price point, I was pleasantly surprised.

Better value of money on these compared to the Japanese variant's, cheaper spares, and pretty good initial build quality. Comparable vehicles from Honda and Toyota : (CRV/Pilot or Highlander/innova crysta) would be at a higher price point. Don't know about the reliability, Don't think anyone can beat the Japanese at that.

The closest competition to Hexa in Indian markets is the Mahindra XUV500, I had bought the same for my dad about 6 years ago, I have driven it a few times while visiting; one thing I have come to realize that Indian auto companies provide an amazing quantity of features for the price point, I was pleasantly surprised.
You are probably right, it maybe we Pakistanis are used to Japanese automakers and somehow indian 4 wheelers look dubious to us.
Your bikes are a different thing!

My comment was about the local Bangladeshi auto assemblers, I thought japanese dominated the market and Indian vehicles were relatively new entrants in the market?

200 vehicles without any local spares and maintenance facilities doesnt sound encouraging.

I think these will be used a light tanks with air guns mounted on a turret installed at sunroof and rotated manually

You are probably right, it maybe we Pakistanis are used to Japanese automakers and somehow indian 4 wheelers look dubious to us.
Your bikes are a different thing!

My comment was about the local Bangladeshi auto assemblers, I thought japanese dominated the market and Indian vehicles were relatively new entrants in the market?

200 vehicles without any local spares and maintenance facilities doesnt sound encouraging.
Actually, dealer network in bangladesh is significant for Tata motors.

upload_2019-7-8_13-55-42.png

Although off topic, but dude this year I went back to India, and unlike my usual, I travelled quite a lot. Back when I lived in India, all I could see were Tata and Ashok Leyland trucks, few nice cars and a majority of shitty Suzuki 800 and Mahindra's willy's variants. This time around I was flabbergasted with imposing trucks built by Mahindra, Volvo like the appearance of Tata and Leyland, SML Isuzu was everywhere, and a myriad of decent looking sedans and a huge influx of Midsize and compact SUV's and that too good looking ones. I was at a Dhaba, and I just walked from one end of the lot to the other end looking at the scale of how many such trucks were on the road. I can understand Tata and Leyland building such stuff, But Mahindra's rise has been a revelation to me.

upload_2019-7-8_13-41-28.png

upload_2019-7-8_13-54-29.png

Actually, dealer network in bangladesh is significant for Tata motors.

View attachment 568437

Although off topic, but dude this year I went back to India, and unlike my usual, I travelled quite a lot. Back when I lived in India, all I could see were Tata and Ashok Leyland trucks, few nice cars and a majority of shitty Suzuki 800 and Mahindra's willy's variants. This time around I was flabbergasted with imposing trucks built by Mahindra, Volvo like the appearance of Tata and Leyland, SML Isuzu was everywhere, and a myriad of decent looking sedans and a huge influx of Midsize and compact SUV's and that too good looking ones. I was at a Dhaba, and I just walked from one end of the lot to the other end looking at the scale of how many such trucks were on the road. I can understand Tata and Leyland building such stuff, But Mahindra's rise has been a revelation to me.

View attachment 568435
View attachment 568436

I got same impression when I was in India last time. Mahindra has actually taken 2nd spot in Commercial Vehicles from Leyland if I remember correctly....though this is by mostly including light CV's in total.

Mahindra chakan plant etc search on youtube is eye-opener. Plant opened in 2010, and volume presence on road kicked in only around 2015ish.

Volvo does assembly at their Bangalore plant...they provide good competition too....and hopefully invest more.

Back
Top Bottom