What's new

Tata Deal With Lockheed Martin effect on PAF F16 fleet

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/F-16-deal-turns-on-the-afterburners-for-Make-in-India

News hs been breaking that indian multi national giant TATA has signed contracts with Lockheed Martin to build the F16/70 in india .

Production should start around 2021-2022

No idea how many planes to be produced OR who for

The question I have FOR Pakistanis does this mean PAF should /will retire their falcons and cease looking for more FALCONS

Is this a serious threat to national security to give the Indians the locks and keys to the most advanced war plane in PAF and more...

HOW quicly can PAF REPLACE the F16 & at What cost

I was just reading in another thread that F-16 sees other F-16 as friends not bogeys. That would be a serious disadvantage for India against Pakistan and vice versa if true?

@Windjammer

The news is going global,

MODI IS ON A STATE VISIT to USA next week and will meet TRUMP

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/F-16-deal-turns-on-the-afterburners-for-Make-in-India

News hs been breaking that indian multi national giant TATA has signed contracts with Lockheed Martin to build the F16/70 in india .

The question I have FOR Pakistanis does this mean PAF should /will retire their falcons and cease looking for more FALCONS

Is this a serious threat to national security to give the Indians the locks and keys to the most advanced war plane in PAF and more...

I dont think its a threat at all reason being the only thing that can be a threat for Pakistan is sharing source codes of avionics ... IF India go ahead with this deal then it will be different machine with different avionics and I doubt that source codes will be shared ... furthermore, production in 2021 and 2022 is a big dream and near to impossible ...

It will take atleast 3 to 4 years to finalize the negotitaions (on fast track basis) then there will be transfer of production line another 2 to three years ... then there will be customization as per Indian need another 2 to 3 years ... so even at the best possible time frame no machine is coming untill 2024 and then further 2 years for training and induction ...

By that point of Pakistan would have been inducting fifth generation and thunder would have gone for MLU and hence would have replaced F16 as front line fighter in fourth generation cateogry ...

I dont think its a threat at all reason being the only thing that can be a threat for Pakistan is sharing source codes of avionics ... IF India go ahead with this deal then it will be different machine with different avionics and I doubt that source codes will be shared ... furthermore, production in 2021 and 2022 is a big dream and near to impossible ...

It will take atleast 3 to 4 years to finalize the negotitaions (on fast track basis) then there will be transfer of production line another 2 to three years ... then there will be customization as per Indian need another 2 to 3 years ... so even at the best possible time frame no machine is coming untill 2024 and then further 2 years for training and induction ...

By that point of Pakistan would have been inducting fifth generation and thunder would have gone for MLU and hence would have replaced F16 as front line fighter in fourth generation cateogry ...

HENCE nothing to be concerned ABOUT

THE DEAL is between Lockheed Martin & Tata two massive multi billion dollar
corporations.

I am sure before this was announced both CEOs will have got the green light wink wink from both Trump & Modi.

This looks like a strategic move NOT sure the block 70 was the right move for india,

Been HEARING IAF will induct over 100 block 70 between 2020-2030 in various media links

AND that TATA of india will be the main manufacturer of the block 70 for next decade in make in india policy

Tejas is a completely se[perate programme

WHERE DOES this leave RUSSIA ????? and PAK FA

I am sure before this was announced both CEOs will have got the green light wink wink from both Trump & Modi.
Its not bilateral between two CEO. Neither it is overnight decision.
India has been after it ever since one decade but Obama just made it easy and quick for you.

It's very long process. Implementation will take ages. But this will pave the way for Russians to sell its state of the art plane to Pakistan.

Good. Makes no difference.

Last edited:
Technically its good news for Pakistan, if India selects F-16's than PAF will be forced to chose a 5th Generation or an 4++ Gen Fighter for its fleet ..
I doubt that production will start by 2021 but it might delay as 2024-5 , and by than PAF will be retiring their old block F-shola , and inducting either J-31 , Typhoon , Su-35 or any J-series from China .. India getting F-16 with production line means billion of dollars will be given to US/LM and this will end or at least delay the plans for PAKFA from Russia that might make Russians to offer us Su-35's but its a big IF ..
so and If Paf goes for J-31 and wait for TF-X till 2030 .. than we are good to tackle any IAF fleet that include Rafale , F-16 , Su-30 as front line fighters ..

Back
Top Bottom