What's new

Tata-Boeing aerospace unit's foundation laid

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
HYDERABAD: The foundation stone of a manufacturing facility being built by Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL), a joint venture of Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems, was laid at the Aerospace Special Economic Zone (ASEZ) at Adibatla on the city’s outskirts on Saturday.

Boeing’s multi-role combat AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselages and other aerostructures will be co-produced at the facility. Apart from the production of the main body of the combat helicopters, integrated systems in aerospace will also be made here.

Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, and Tata group, India’s leading industrial group, have established a partnership to manufacture aerostructures for Boeing’s commercial and military aircraft. The announcement of a joint venture to manufacture aerostructures and collaboration on integrated systems development opportunities was made in November last year.

The production facility here will eventually be the sole producer of AH-64 fuselages globally. The Apache has been flown or selected for acquisition by the United States and 15 other nations, including India.

Union defence minister Manohar Parrikar, who was the chief guest at the ground-breaking ceremony, appreciated Boeing for keeping its word given to him on locating the facility in India.

State industries minister KT Rama Rao, who was the guest of honour, said the state emerged as a leading hub in defence research, missile technology and space technology. “The state government will come out with an aerospace and defence policy. We are also working on establishing an aeroskills academy in Hyderabad,” Rama Rao said.

Tata Advanced Systems Ltd chairman S Ramadorai, said theTata-Boeing partnership was the latest example of growing collaboration between India and the United States of America.

State transport minister P Mahender Reddy, Boeing India president Pratyush Kumar, Boeing’s Vertical Lift vice-president Dave Koopersmith, Tata Advanced Systems CEO and managing director Sukaran Singh, and others were present at the programme.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...foundation-laid/2016/06/19/article3489521.ece

18-h-tata15.jpg

tata-1466256819.jpg

To produce:

zjzO4bM.jpg

Last edited:
Okay. After the base LCH is done, they should go straight for newer blocks of it.
With LCH,I think we have the expertise in building attack helicopters and we should utillize this in designing new heavy class attack helicopters like ka50s,Apaches nd mi28s. If we purchase apaches in huge numbers won't help in long run.

At least 100+ further units will be ordered in the next 3-4 years for the IAF and IA.

HAL will no doubt continue refining and upgrading the LCH once it is in service, just as they have with the ALH.

I think there is space for a parallel program to create apache equivalent 'conventional' attack helo.

I think there is space for a parallel program to create apache equivalent 'conventional' attack helo.
Let the LCH enter service first, no doubt the LCH's development team will be looking to move onto other projects.

Don't think there is enough requirement for a heavy attack hepter to make the project feasible for foreseeable future.

Current requirement is to have one dedicated heavy squadron (10 + 1) for each Strike Corps. As the economy progresses, we should see it increase to one squadron per IBG and an aviation brigade like unit for each Corps.

HYDERABAD: The foundation stone of a manufacturing facility being built by Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL), a joint venture of Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems, was laid at the Aerospace Special Economic Zone (ASEZ) at Adibatla on the city’s outskirts on Saturday.

Boeing’s multi-role combat AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselages and other aerostructures will be co-produced at the facility. Apart from the production of the main body of the combat helicopters, integrated systems in aerospace will also be made here.

Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, and Tata group, India’s leading industrial group, have established a partnership to manufacture aerostructures for Boeing’s commercial and military aircraft. The announcement of a joint venture to manufacture aerostructures and collaboration on integrated systems development opportunities was made in November last year.

The production facility here will eventually be the sole producer of AH-64 fuselages globally. The Apache has been flown or selected for acquisition by the United States and 15 other nations, including India.

Union defence minister Manohar Parrikar, who was the chief guest at the ground-breaking ceremony, appreciated Boeing for keeping its word given to him on locating the facility in India.

State industries minister KT Rama Rao, who was the guest of honour, said the state emerged as a leading hub in defence research, missile technology and space technology. “The state government will come out with an aerospace and defence policy. We are also working on establishing an aeroskills academy in Hyderabad,” Rama Rao said.

Tata Advanced Systems Ltd chairman S Ramadorai, said theTata-Boeing partnership was the latest example of growing collaboration between India and the United States of America.

State transport minister P Mahender Reddy, Boeing India president Pratyush Kumar, Boeing’s Vertical Lift vice-president Dave Koopersmith, Tata Advanced Systems CEO and managing director Sukaran Singh, and others were present at the programme.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...foundation-laid/2016/06/19/article3489521.ece

18-h-tata15.jpg

tata-1466256819.jpg

To produce:

zjzO4bM.jpg

Great development

Let the LCH enter service first, no doubt the LCH's development team will be looking to move onto other projects.

I want them to work on Indian medium lift Heli which will be standardized across all 3 services

I want them to work on Indian medium lift Heli which will be standardized across all 3 services
Ideally they would start working on a 10/12 ton NMRH that can be adapted for the IA and IAF, it is far easier to make a naval helo suited for land warfare than vice versa and what India is desperately crying out for are naval helos. For all the praise the IN gets about foresight and clever decision making it has royally screwed up its rotary wing fleet, not a single NMRH has been purchased by them in my entire lifetime and vast offensive warships going to sea with empty hangers because of the acute helo shortage.

Sadly, I think it will be 2020 before such a project is started and 2027-8 at the earliest for such inductions. There is this a vast gap that needs to be filled for all three services in this niche (10-12ton MRH) that isn't really being addressed (discounting the Mi-17s). If I had any say in the matter I would pool the ICG, IAF, IA and IN requirements for such and get the H225M built in India and place an initial order for 200 units ASAP.

@PARIKRAMA are you hearing anything on these matters bro?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom