What's new

Tarun Tejpal steps down as Tehelka's Editor for six months over sexual assault

Set an example out of him. But.....yeah we all know the "BUT".

I hope tehelka as institution continues to publish explosive stories and shock us when we lease expect.

So Tejpal's latest breaking news is that BJP asked him to molest a girl, twice?

Congressis often want to say one thing but because of their Modi obsession end up saying something else. Sheila Dixit y'day said ''she does not dream of becoming PM as she's not Modi'', what she meant to say was ''she does not dream of becoming PM as she's not Gandhi''!!!

No relief for Tarun Tejpal, order on bail plea on Friday

The Delhi High Court today did not grant Tehelka founder Tarun Tejpal, accused of raping a colleague, any protection from arrest. The court is expected to give its order on Mr Tejpal's petition for anticipatory bail on Friday.

The Goa Police had told the court that Tehelka founder Tarun Tejpal, who it has charged with rape, should not be granted bail for what it described as an act of "depravity".

The police said Mr Tejpal has admitted to his offence in emails sent last week to Tehelka employees including the younger colleague he is accused of violating. The emails, the police argued, turn this into "an open-and-shut case."

Mr Tejpal's lawyers, however, have asked the court to grant him bail for four weeks.

In his request in court, Mr Tejpal has described his interaction with the young woman at a five-star hotel in Goa earlier this month as "light heated bantering."

In an email to the same reporter last week, he apologized for trying to force "a sexual liaison" with her twice in Goa despite her "clear reluctance."

The Goa Police also alleged in court that a member of Mr Tejpal's family visited the journalist's mother in Delhi and suggested, "We can sit across the table and work this out."

The journalist has said that visit was intended to harass and intimidate her; her mother filed a police complaint in Delhi against Mr Tejpal yesterday.

The reporter did not press charges against Mr Tejpal. She complained not to the police but to Tehelka Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhary in an email which was leaked. The Goa Police used that email to charge Mr Tejpal with rape last week.
Tehelka case: court to decide on Tarun Tejpal's bail on Friday, open-and-shut case say Goa police | NDTV.com

I sense some foul play here. This is an open & shut case. Why can't court just make up it's mind & deny bail to this moron? Why do they keep extending the hearing?

In fresh communications leak, Tarun Tejpal explains why he did it - The Times of India

"This is what non-consent constitutes: the moment you laid a hand on me, I started begging you to stop. I invoked every single person and principle that was important to us — (your daughter, your wife, Shoma, my father), the fact that you were my employer, to make you stop. You refused to listen. In fact, you went ahead and decided to molest me again on the following night. We have often spoken of "what turns men into beasts" at Tehelka edit meetings, you yourself have commissioned several stories on this. It is this — not being able to take no for an answer."

"Tarun, I can't believe you think molesting an employee your daughter's age, who is also your daughter's friend, is something you'd describe as "the smallest thing". What an absence of understanding of what Tehelka stands for."

- The snippets from the girl's email rebuttal on Nov 20th. Couldn't help but marvel at this Girl's bravery. She is the only one who has consistently stuck to her claim. Tejpal appears more and more as a monster with him trying to politicize the issue more and more. I wish the high court deny him the anticipatory bail on Friday.

gvjb.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom