What's new

Tank Battles In The Himalaya Mountains? Indian T-90 Tanks Face Chinese Armor

I have serious doubts the imported M777s would do much against overwhelming Chinese firepower ...

No. I am not saying they will be adequate. I was trying explain the Indian strategic thinking. Indian will never be able to match China when it comes to the numbers. China has a very large economy and indigenous manufacturing capability while India lacks in both when compared to China.

I don't think India ever had the intention of going offensive against China.

The plan has always been to be Defensive against China and be Offensive against Pakistan.
I agree but given Indo-China conflict will take place in the himalayas, a light tank will play a crucial role and IA will have to go on the offensive and open new fronts given china's numerical superiority

I hope IA realizes that war with china is a possibility and works with private sector to develop light tanks and mobile artillery systems. L&T would be a good option or even Tata given their experience in building MRAP's, IFV's, artillery guns and most recently the K-9 Vajra

I'm not really worried about PLAAF or PLAN since IN & IAF can hold em at bay but PLAGF's rocket force is something to be apprehensive of

116604123_3137569309693631_8870558055848420050_n.jpg

J-10B Superior to French Rafale Fighter Jet

chinas-j-10b-fighter-jet.jpg

J-10B fighter jet

China’s mt.sohu.com says in its report on March 14 that China’s fighter jets are wonderful and able to defeat the Rafale fighter jet India will import from France.
The report admits that Rafale is better than China’s J-10 and J-11B but stresses that China has developed J-10B, an improved version of J-10 that is better than Rafale in the following respects:

1. J-10B is as good and Rafale in undetectability;
2. J-10B has better maneuverability as it uses China’s new WS10B turbofan with 135 KN thrust, digital control and vectoring nozzle. It can fly faster and higher than Rafale
3. It is installed with better active phased array radar with 1,000-1,200 modules able to detect and identify a target as small as 3 square meters 160-180 km away and track quite a few targets simultaneously, while Rafale’s CSF-ESDRBC fire control radar is very much backward in being able to track only 8 targets simultaneously.
4. J-10B’s air-to-air missiles PL-12 and PL-13 respectively have the range of 80 and 160 km and a maximum speed of Mach 4 while Rafale’s has only a range of 50 km and speed of Mach 3.

Source: mt.sohu.com “China’s fighter jet very brilliant: J-10 is entirely able to defeat Rafale and make India collapse!”

J-10B fighter jet

China’s mt.sohu.com says in its report on March 14 that China’s fighter jets are wonderful and able to defeat the Rafale fighter jet India will import from France.
The report admits that Rafale is better than China’s J-10 and J-11B but stresses that China has developed J-10B, an improved version of J-10 that is better than Rafale in the following respects:

2. J-10B has better maneuverability as it uses China’s new WS10B turbofan with 135 KN thrust, digital control and vectoring nozzle. It can fly faster and higher than Rafale
3. It is installed with better active phased array radar with 1,000-1,200 modules able to detect and identify a target as small as 3 square meters 160-180 km away and track quite a few targets simultaneously, while Rafale’s CSF-ESDRBC fire control radar is very much backward in being able to track only 8 targets simultaneously.
4. J-10B’s air-to-air missiles PL-12 and PL-13 respectively have the range of 80 and 160 km and a maximum speed of Mach 4 while Rafale’s has only a range of 50 km and speed of Mach 3.

Source: mt.sohu.com “China’s fighter jet very brilliant: J-10 is entirely able to defeat Rafale and make India collapse!”

I vote this have its own thread

kv

lol I would put a few extra hundred empty tents and scarecrows behind the border for the satelites and keep Indian legions bussy watching the wind blow.

J-10B fighter jet

This is wrong information and totally full of shit.

J-10B does not use WS-10B. Only second half J-10C started using WS-10 engine types. J-10B does not have vector engines and J-10C also does not have vector engine!

J-10C radar is AESA with about that many transmit and receive but there is impossible to know how RBE-2AA compare with J-10C AESA. I imagine J-10B's phased radar is older and probably not as good as RBE-2A.

PL-13 missile is not shown ever and basically even though it is built from PL-12, this is not on J-10B and not seen on any fighter even if it exist. PL-15 is enough to match Meteor and PLAAF's long range missiles can be shot to clear Indian Rafale from entering certain ranges at least.

Meteor range is at least 150km not 50km maybe MICA or Magic? Missile energy depend on launch speed, angle, and height anyway.

Seriously shit article.

People don't understand. T-90s is not designed for high attitude battlefields. Not only the engine power will be insufficient. Your sensor and even gun accuracy will be affected.

Type -15 is. This tank is created to eliminated all the problems normal tank will encounter when going high attitude.

This is wrong information and totally full of shit.

J-10B does not use WS-10B. Only second half J-10C started using WS-10 engine types. J-10B does not have vector engines and J-10C also does not have vector engine!

J-10C radar is AESA with about that many transmit and receive but there is impossible to know how RBE-2AA compare with J-10C AESA. I imagine J-10B's phased radar is older and probably not as good as RBE-2A.

PL-13 missile is not shown ever and basically even though it is built from PL-12, this is not on J-10B and not seen on any fighter even if it exist. PL-15 is enough to match Meteor and PLAAF's long range missiles can be shot to clear Indian Rafale from entering certain ranges at least.

Meteor range is at least 150km not 50km maybe MICA or Magic? Missile energy depend on launch speed, angle, and height anyway.

Seriously shit article.
Don't expect much of Grandy ... he's used to posting trash articles without verification.
People don't understand. T-90s is not designed for high attitude battlefields. Not only the engine power will be insufficient. Your sensor and even gun accuracy will be affected.

Type -15 is. This tank is created to eliminated all the problems normal tank will encounter when going high attitude.
Don't expect too much out of the Indians. In 1962, after Nehru called for 30,000 additional soldiers to be sent to counterattack the Chinese, the Indians suffered a bunch of casualties from ascending altitudes too quickly, due to a lack of understanding of acclimatization. It appears after the war they understood the effects of high altitudes on soldiers but not on equipment which is why you keep hearing them barking about sending T-90s to counter the Chinese despite its weight.

Back
Top Bottom