What's new

Tamilnadu snubs India's new education policy

kudos to China broadcasting stations for promoting Tamil Language / Culture

difference between a 1st and a 3rd world govt

13912575_922246037887313_4229823950848293740_n.jpg

GOOD for the Tamils.
please tell me how is it good, when the freedom to choose itself is not given. I agree with fact the language should not be imposed. But what is TN doing here ? it is doing the very much the same thing by imposing what it wants.

In Karnataka we had 3 choices for languages out of 4 (sanskrit,english,kannada,hindi) during our school years. Most of them pick (english , kannada,sanskrit) as sanskrit is a scoring language. students did not ditch local language, as you can score with less effort with no studying! ( ;-) those cock & bull stories in answers)

What you need is simple intuitive solution like to make scoring easier, students will simply lap it up. Politicians look to score points than to solve it smartly.

Bollywood has far more effect than some hindi language classes.

tamils need to be kick out of India they are the biggest troublemakers around. Don't want to learn Hindi? Leave. The rest of India should ban tamil it's such an ugly language anyway with low quality literature. I am sure Swahili has stronger literary culture than tamil.

tamils need to be kick out of India they are the biggest troublemakers around. Don't want to learn Hindi? Leave. The rest of India should ban tamil it's such an ugly language anyway with low quality literature. I am sure Swahili has stronger literary culture than tamil.

What?? Are you sure you are not a duplicate id of @Arya Desa ?

No I'm not. Pretty sure all North Indians are sick and tired of tamils and their nonsense.

India is not just North India. Tamils owe you nothing.

Options of Sanskrit and Hindi must be there. If minorities can choose Arabic and speak in Urdu, don's see why Hindi and Sanskrit must be proscribed.

No Hindi, Sanskrit in Tamil Nadu

Govt will ensure that state’s interests, culture and rights are not affected in any way: Anbalagan.

Chennai
: The draft proposals of the new education policy sent by the Centre is under the consideration of the state government, state higher education minister K.P. Anbalagan on Tuesday said and asserted that Hindi and Sanskrit would not be allowed in TN.

“The government will ensure that state’s interests, culture and rights are not affected in any way and give a reply accordingly”, he said. The minister also said the rights of minorities would be protected.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...indi-sanskrit-in-tamil-nadu-kp-anbalagan.html
Why doctor the tread to make it sound as if Tamilnadu is a separate country?

please tell me how is it good, when the freedom to choose itself is not given. I agree with fact the language should not be imposed. But what is TN doing here ? it is doing the very much the same thing by imposing what it wants.

In Karnataka we had 3 choices for languages out of 4 (sanskrit,english,kannada,hindi) during our school years. Most of them pick (english , kannada,sanskrit) as sanskrit is a scoring language. students did not ditch local language, as you can score with less effort with no studying! ( ;-) those cock & bull stories in answers)

What you need is simple intuitive solution like to make scoring easier, students will simply lap it up. Politicians look to score points than to solve it smartly.

Bollywood has far more effect than some hindi language classes.

I had Bengali and English as language papers in school, and Sanskrit for a couple of years in between. I have picked up Hindi from cinema, serials and songs, (it has similarity with Bengali anyway), and I can read it too because I know Sanskrit scripts. I think that's enough knowledge we need for communication as far as Hindi goes, it is not that rich in literary value for everyone to learn it in schools for years. I am of the opinion that any of the four south Indian languages can be made 3rd language options for northern, eastern and NE states, and any of the northern, eastern and NE state languages for southern states, that way we have better integration in terms of understanding Indian languages. I for one would have loved to get a taste of Malayalam or Tamil literature, similarly someone might be interested in Assamese or Bengali literature in their original forms. For communication, Bollywood is enough. I couldn't understand the objection about Sanskrit though, it is a mother language of Tamil also.

I couldn't understand the objection about Sanskrit though, it is a mother language of Tamil also.

Tamil is a bit of a mix of proto-Dravidian and Sanskrit....and the % depends on who you ask hehe.

Proto-Dravidian itself may have influenced Sanskrit considerably (And vice versa) so its tough to draw the lines exactly on whats what.

Then people over politicise the whole thing and we get characters like this manlion twit.

To me the prettiest Tamil has ample amounts of sanskrit in it, it is the version I grew up with and I am not going to use words I never come across before just because they are non-sanskrit and more correct for "Pure" tamil according to the DMK folks.

X Post ...

Language barrier too big to surmount for Army candidates
RAMANATHAPURAM, August 5, 2016

Nearly 40 to 50 per cent candidates with class X and class XII qualifications, who cleared the arduous physical fitness tests (PFT) and medical test, failed to get into Indian Army as Soldiers (General) and (Technical) and Clerks, as they found it difficult to clear the written test conducted in Hindi and English, according to sources in Indian Army Recruiting Office.

“We lose some of the best candidates and sports talents as they failed in the written test conducted for 100 marks, covering General Knowledge, Maths and Science,” the sources said, suggesting that Tamil Nadu government could take up the issue with the Ministry of Defence or Army Headquarters.

As the footfall was large, the army was able to find enough number of candidates to fill up the 500-odd vacancies whenever it conducted a recruitment rally, but some of the best candidates in terms of physical fitness and talents in sports were missed out as they found the written examination tough in the absence of regional language option.

These candidates could probably clear the test had it been conducted in Tamil, the sources said. Brig. Sangram Dalvi, Deputy Director General Recruiting (States), had taken up the issue with the State Chief Secretary and suggested that the State government could write to the MoD in this regard.

Though the Army Headquarters, which set the question paper in Hindi and English, could not afford to make available question papers in all the 60-odd regional languages, it could consider setting up the question papers in Tamil if it received specific request from the State, the sources said.

As most of the candidates came from rural areas, they found it difficult to understand the questions.

As many risked getting negative marks for wrong answers, they found it difficult to get the minimum 32 marks for pass, the sources added.

The questions were based on class X (CBSE) syllabus and the candidates had mostly studied in the State Board, the sources added.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...rmount-for-army-candidates/article8946451.ece

Bollywood has far more effect than some hindi language classes

Is there anything in life more boring than a Hindi class? I don't know of anything whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom