What's new

Taliban: Women can study in gender-segregated universities

Pictures online show class rooms segregated with male teachers.
Can you share. I did not find.

Would gender segregation follow in other areas as well - such as hospitals and places of work.
Eg. Would a pregnant woman be allowed to deliver baby by a male doctor? If not, and if no female doc available, would it mean delivering only at the mercy of limited expertise of mid-wives at home?

You haven't done anything. The numbers are insignificant. They will remain insignificant because the vast majority of Europeans don't want Afghan refugees in their country.

Your words don't match your actions. If Afghans were a priority you would have rescued at least a million by now. The numbers are shoddy.
the numbers are practical.
or do you expect us to build a million homes and create a million jobs in just a few months? for illiterate people that don't speak our languages?
we have housing problems among our existing residents, dude.

Can you share. I did not find.

Taliban says women can study in gender-segregated universities | Taliban News | Al Jazeera

See link and the pic this shows how they are doing the segregation.

Would gender segregation follow in other areas as well - such as hospitals and places of work.
Eg. Would a pregnant woman be allowed to deliver baby by a male doctor?

The **** kind of question is this? Of course for males and females their will be respective doctors if its invasive check up same as in Pakistan. Unless it's a serious and complicated issue the male relative can give permission.

Even in the US my wife prefers a female doctor 1st if one is available.

Their country their rules. Hindu india must first allow women to enter sabrimala temple before worrying about afghanistan

Ganesh seeks clarification. What do you intend to do anyway? Liberate and Hindunize Afghan women?
I dont intend to do anything. The world would look closely at what Taliban does in the coming months to decide whether to recognize its govt, and if yes, whether to provide aid etc.

I dont intend to do anything. The world would look closely at what Taliban does in the coming months to decide whether to recognize its govt, and if yes, whether to provide aid etc.

Which world? The one that abandoned the Kurds and Afghan collaborators?

Thank you. This is helpful.

The **** kind of question is this? Of course for males and females their will be respective doctors if its invasive check up same as in Pakistan. Unless it's a serious and complicated issue the male relative can give permission.

Even in the US my wife prefers a female doctor 1st if one is available.
It was a genuine and valid question. Preference is one thing, mandation is another. Even my wife prefers female doctors for certain things, but if it becomes mandatory in risky situations, then it will become an issue.

And even in lesser situations like fever, body pain etc, if there are miniscule female doctors in Afghanistan, what are the female patients to do?

the numbers are practical.
or do you expect us to build a million homes and create a million jobs in just a few months? for illiterate people that don't speak our languages?
we have housing problems among our existing residents, dude.

You made false promises to Afghans and abandoned them. You must evacuate every Afghan now. It is a moral duty.

i would say : the coming months and years.
i believe that foreign aid for Afghanistan will be conditional on modernization efforts on the Taliban's part.

Their country their rules. Hindu india must first allow women to enter sabrimala temple before worrying about afghanistan
I agree that women should be allowed in temples, mosques, churches everywhere without restriction.
Govt is being cautious due to political backlash from some extremist Hindus.

You made false promises to Afghans and abandoned them. You must evacuate every Afghan now. It is a moral duty.
i'm not a politician. i don't make the decisions.

as far as numbers go, according to https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58283177, there are around 300k but only several tens of thousands potential western-visa holding Afghans who worked with the west while we were there, and we evacuated around 100k during our final retreat.

that does not mean that these Afghans are abandoned. Western politicians, media companies and NGOs continue to try to provide real help, and possibly as a (partial) result of these efforts, the Taliban have so far not tried to exterminate these people that were left in Afghanistan.

real hope for amnesty and national unity exists in Afghanistan, and instead of focussing on *that*, you want to focus on blaming the west for all that is still wrong in countries like Afghanistan. it's foolish because you distract your audiences from achieving the goals you say you want to achieve.

evacuate millions? i just explained to you why we can't.
and we didnt abandon them either. we'll pressure the Taliban for them to treat their people better.

evacuate millions? i just explained to you why we can't.
and we didnt abandon them either. we'll pressure the Taliban for them to treat their people better.

You cannot pressure the Taliban. Taliban enjoys support from powerful regional countries.

The Afghans expect full help from US and NATO countries.

You cannot pressure the Taliban. Taliban enjoys support from powerful regional countries.
China doesn't want to provide aid to the Afghans, they want to profit from them (their rare earth minerals to be exact).
China has already stated that the US and NATO should pay aid to the new Afghan government.
But the US is likely to make that aid conditional on Taliban's future international cooperation record.
So we *can* pressure the Taliban. So can the Afghan people themselves (they outnumber the Taliban considerably), perhaps now best through peaceful resistance strategies.

China doesn't want to provide aid to the Afghans, they want to profit from them (their rare earth minerals to be exact).
China has already stated that the US and NATO should pay aid to the new Afghan government.
But the US is likely to make that aid conditional on Taliban's future international cooperation record.
So we *can* pressure the Taliban. So can the Afghan people themselves (they outnumber the Taliban considerably), perhaps now best through peaceful resistance strategies.

China has already pledged aid to Afghanistan. 31 million dollars as a start. This will only increase. Of course China will also invest in minerals etc.

That doesn't take away responsibility from US and NATO countries to help Afghans who want to flee. The Afghans are counting on US/NATO help. Not only those that collaborated, but also ordinary Afghans.

Back
Top Bottom