What's new

Taliban video game sparks outrage

I am guessing this falls into the too soon argument ? Maybe give it a little more time till the war ends. I don't see anyone bashing other war games. People can waste their time trying to ban it i guess.

C'mon, exactly its a game, its a bit of role playing. It doesn't mean people will grow up to become Taliban.

Anti-game campaigns are so full of it. I can't imagine true gamers truly fearing GAMES.

Haven't they played CS? How does it sound when the background voice announces, "Terrorists win". Nobody cares, its a game. There are different weapons, tactics, camos available when you play as various factions in these games. You get to try them all and thats what attracts gamers - not the hidden desire of aspiring to join the Taliban.

That's what I was pretty much trying to say. Its just a game! We can order "Tactical Nuke" strikes on Arabs, why can't we have a bit of fun with the SAS? :smokin:

Spot on sir.. Spot on!

children have for years played cops and thieves cowboys and indians etc
i.e. good guys vs bad guys there is nothing different in this game
this issue is sturred up by some bored politician who just wants to cause a storm in a tea cup
not even worth a mention lol

feels like only yesterday i was 10 or 11 years old and I got to kill Adolf Hitler in Wolfenstein 3-D :bunny:
Few years ago i killed Iraqi top Official (forgot his name) with my .50 caliber in desert storm :D. And i also killed a dictator of Ethopia in Ghost recon.

Big deal!

I can kill innocent people and cops in GTA.

I can kill American and Chinese Troops in Battlefield 2.

I can kill NATO, Russian, Chinese or Japanese troops en masse using WMDs in the Command Conquer series, like Red Alert, Generals etc

Hell, i get to butcher entire countries and civilizations in Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Medieval 2: Total War.

So whats the big deal with this game. If its against your taste, simple solution: Don't buy the game!

Back
Top Bottom