What's new

Taliban video game sparks outrage

:tup::tup:

Tekken was amazing i remember being unstoppable with Law!... :P

I used to play with Hwoarang, Jin, King, and Law.

Hwoarang was my favourite

hwoarang_tekken_6-normal5.4.jpg

Tekken%203%202.png

an understandable move from their perspective, they want to try to create a culture of resistance in younger generations --games, poems, posters; these are all recruiting tactics for those that consider joining the group

this ísn't an unprecendeted phenomenon

Hezbollah of Lebanon did something similar. They have that game ''Special Force 2''

Actually, I remember downloading it a couple years back just for shytes and giggles, it was actually quite entertaining. Graphics and gameplay were somewhat decent

I liked Art of Fighting and Snow Bross. The best games ever. And yeha street fighters too.

:D

Yes, I do remember that "Massacre" hence my point, kill anyone that isn't an American or a British. Video games these days are fun to play but their story lines are getting repetitive.

Kill the "Haji" save the "Queen".

feels like only yesterday i was 10 or 11 years old and I got to kill Adolf Hitler in Wolfenstein 3-D :bunny:

Games like GTA have a negative effect on children and society, especially because it depicts robbing people, car theft, and killing police officers, and that should be more of a concern! The fact is EA and other game companies just want to make money, they can care less who gets offended!

Last edited:
It was quite shocking to me when I realized that anyone can fire RPG's and Javelin's at Mosques and civilians in "Call of Duty - Modern Warfare" but you don't see me whining about it? Millions of kids everyday are being taught by Video Games to butcher anyone that speaks any other language than English. Just because "Brave British Soldiers" are involved, its not a two-way street anymore?

:rolleyes:
C'mon, exactly its a game, its a bit of role playing. It doesn't mean people will grow up to become Taliban.

Anti-game campaigns are so full of it. I can't imagine true gamers truly fearing GAMES.

Haven't they played CS? How does it sound when the background voice announces, "Terrorists win". Nobody cares, its a game. There are different weapons, tactics, camos available when you play as various factions in these games. You get to try them all and thats what attracts gamers - not the hidden desire of aspiring to join the Taliban.

C'mon, exactly its a game, its a bit of role playing. It doesn't mean people will grow up to become Taliban.

Don't be so sure video games are trivial. The US Army F***s with American kids by developing a video game designed to boost recruiting.

contest_america_army_header.jpg

America's Army (also known as AA or Army Game Project) is a series of video games and other media developed by the United States Army and released as a global public relations initiative to help with recruitment. America's Army was conceived by Colonel Casey Wardynski and is managed by the U.S. Army's Office of Economic and Manpower Analysis at the United States Military Academy.Wardynski envisioned "using computer game technology to provide the public a virtual Soldier experience that was engaging, informative and entertaining."
America's Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3_AmericasARMY_2.jpg

Americas&

army.mil-2007-12-04-103020.jpg

Don't be so sure video games are trivial. The US Army F***s with American kids by developing a video game designed to boost recruiting.
[/IMG]

As always, a game is a game. People who are so influenced by them had problems beside gaming, much as you wouldn't expect a person to try to 'fly' after watching Superman.

This sort of misconception has gone on through all media (at least in American society), from Comic Books to Movies to television.

IT'S A GAME.

How are games like Grand Theft Auto more constructive in teaching kids proper conduct ?
Isn't it also morbid to kill cops?

What if vietnam decided to censor games that featuring killing of viet 'patriots'

"The medium is the message" - Marshall McLuhan

He who control the medium, controls the message.

Stupid and sick... a great example for the young ones to learn great going jerk game makers.

Back
Top Bottom