What's new

Taliban refuse to come to table talk after death of their leader

Bloodshed never stopped, an Army operation will end this war, that's how insurgencies like these come to an end. I wonder why didn't we withdraw the offer of peace talks when our 2-star General was martyred by these terrorists?

Peace, is not bound by the negotiations or war. Both have their own benefits at times!

Been fighting for 9 years why war hasnt ended yet ? It all started from capturing few bad guys among 6 million ppl of tribal area who are now hiding from both sides and problem is growing day by day. Who ever planned this has played there cards well and now looks like very bad future.

Pakistan has dealt with these groups for over 3 decades and knows how to deal with them.
Really?

American knowledge and wisdom didn't work for its own sake. I don't think you have a ground to suggest this to Pakistan after witnessing results of American strategies.
The post-WWII ideological re-education projects to eliminate militant attitudes in Japan and Germany worked in creating peaceful societies; reconstruction came afterward. The current approach in Iraq and Afghanistan - that material reconstruction alone would work - has not been as successful.

Pakistan never harbored any terrorist who was involved in 9/11.
Plenty of Al Qaeda guys hung out in Pakistan before 9/11.

Pakistan surely would want to arm its favorable groups as it has right to have a non-offensive government in Afghanistan and US cannot object to those.
No, Pakistani doesn't have that right, even if you think it does due to generations of deliberate misinformation and moral values warped by Pakistan's military.

The key problem with the military mindset is that it looks at capabilities, not intent, and thus without civilian politicians in charge the military will naturally seek imperial control - occupation or a puppet regime - rather than friendly relations between states. 
tells me, you know nothing about tribal system, this is not your average street gangs who are in it for money or reward , it is the ideology that is driving the men, you think the ones at low ranks would listen to US the murtads and leave their OWN leaders?
Certainly I lack as complete a grasp of local tribal issues as Pakistanis have. But yes, Pakistan's record is that an "escape" coupled by threat or use of force tends to change Pakistanis' minds and actions. Aren't the terrorists using such means to keep politicians mouthing friendly words towards them?

Back
Top Bottom