What's new

Taliban Military Chief Mullah Baradar captured by Pakistan

In my views this war has no end as we have an invincible enemy , an enemy that may be the guy sitting next to you in a local bus or trans atlantic flight !
We have to understand that by force no war can be won ! Becz after genrations there is a vomit of nature that makes the past happen again !
Its just the beggining to the End ! :mps:

I agree. War on Terror can never be won. Terror always existed and always will there's no stopping it. Only when Isa (A.S.) returns back to earth then terror will be extinct from earth.

I agree. War on Terror can never be won. Terror always existed and always will there's no stopping it. Only when Isa (A.S.) returns back to earth then terror will be extinct from earth.

No Haq will win and Batal will loose in the end, we should live and die with Haq, only few people can identify between them.

Batal always feel fear from Haq , that is why they name it terror

Pak’s cooperation a turning point in Afghan war: US By Anwar Iqbal

Thursday, 18 Feb, 2010

“I think the Pakistanis recognise that violent extremists inside of Pakistan now pose a direct threat to their state,” said US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

WASHINGTON: Following the arrest of the Taliban military chief in Karachi, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday described Pakistan’s cooperation in the war against terror as serving the best interests of both the countries.

Also, the official Voice of America radio noted that Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar’s arrest “signals a change in the Pakistani mindset”.

The Washington Post quoted US officials and anti-terrorism experts as suggesting that Pakistan’s cooperation in the effort to capture Mullah Baradar “could prove a turning point in the Afghanistan war”.

While CNN quoted an anti-terrorism expert as saying that Pakistan’s cooperation was “may be its way of telling Washington to deal with Islamabad, not Saudi Arabia, if it wants to negotiate with the Afghan Taliban”.

But the most cogent appreciation of Pakistan’s role came from Secretary Clinton who said that she could not comment on the operation: “But I can express our appreciation for the increasing cooperation between the United States and Pakistan. It is something that I personally believe is in the best interest of both of our countries.”

Describing the Taliban as a common enemy, she said that the effort to combat the militant group “requires this level of partnership”.

Asked if she believed that the Pakistanis were finally getting tough on the Taliban; the secretary said: “I think the Pakistanis recognise that violent extremists inside of Pakistan now pose a direct threat to their state.”

In interviews to three different television channels, Mrs Clinton noted that “indiscriminate killings” of Pakistani civilians and “horrifying bombings” carried out by the militants during the last several months helped convince the Pakistanis that the Taliban were their real enemy.

“I mean, horrific bombings that have been just hard to even believe, bombing religious processions and mosques, and people playing volley ball and women and children in markets,” she observed.

“I mean there is no explanation, other than just cruelty and violence for the sake of violence, and the intimidation that could lead, in the eyes of the extremists, to some kind of secession of territory,” she added.

“But I think the Pakistanis, across the board in their leadership, recognise that standing firm against this threat is important to their future.”

Describing why the US administration was reluctant to talk about the biggest catch since 9/11, Secretary Clinton said: “We think less is better, in terms of what anyone knows, or what anyone might speculate on. But the general point is one that I would underscore, that the cooperation is increasing, and it is very valuable.”

In a commentary broadcast by its main English news and dozens of other services, the official VOA radio noted that Mullah Baradar’s arrest followed the death of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud in a US drone attack.

No Haq will win and Batal will loose in the end, we should live and die with Haq, only few people can identify between them.

Batal always feel fear from Haq , that is why they name it terror

Hmmm! terrorist are at haq in your perception.

mullah omer, obl.... self made amirul momeinein.
This is better for every person on earth like you must go to live and die with your haq . I think this the best way to make a quick decision between haq and baatil.

Thursday, 18 Feb, 2010

“I think the Pakistanis recognise that violent extremists inside of Pakistan now pose a direct threat to their state,” said US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

WASHINGTON: Following the arrest of the Taliban military chief in Karachi, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday described Pakistan’s cooperation in the war against terror as serving the best interests of both the countries.

Also, the official Voice of America radio noted that Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar’s arrest “signals a change in the Pakistani mindset”.

The Washington Post quoted US officials and anti-terrorism experts as suggesting that Pakistan’s cooperation in the effort to capture Mullah Baradar “could prove a turning point in the Afghanistan war”.

While CNN quoted an anti-terrorism expert as saying that Pakistan’s cooperation was “may be its way of telling Washington to deal with Islamabad, not Saudi Arabia, if it wants to negotiate with the Afghan Taliban”.

But the most cogent appreciation of Pakistan’s role came from Secretary Clinton who said that she could not comment on the operation: “But I can express our appreciation for the increasing cooperation between the United States and Pakistan. It is something that I personally believe is in the best interest of both of our countries.”

Describing the Taliban as a common enemy, she said that the effort to combat the militant group “requires this level of partnership”.

Asked if she believed that the Pakistanis were finally getting tough on the Taliban; the secretary said: “I think the Pakistanis recognise that violent extremists inside of Pakistan now pose a direct threat to their state.”

In interviews to three different television channels, Mrs Clinton noted that “indiscriminate killings” of Pakistani civilians and “horrifying bombings” carried out by the militants during the last several months helped convince the Pakistanis that the Taliban were their real enemy.

“I mean, horrific bombings that have been just hard to even believe, bombing religious processions and mosques, and people playing volley ball and women and children in markets,” she observed.

“I mean there is no explanation, other than just cruelty and violence for the sake of violence, and the intimidation that could lead, in the eyes of the extremists, to some kind of secession of territory,” she added.

“But I think the Pakistanis, across the board in their leadership, recognise that standing firm against this threat is important to their future.”

Describing why the US administration was reluctant to talk about the biggest catch since 9/11, Secretary Clinton said: “We think less is better, in terms of what anyone knows, or what anyone might speculate on. But the general point is one that I would underscore, that the cooperation is increasing, and it is very valuable.”

In a commentary broadcast by its main English news and dozens of other services, the official VOA radio noted that Mullah Baradar’s arrest followed the death of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud in a US drone attack.

This is not just Turning point, this is Turning faces of negotiation (already post in thread)

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Taliban arrest spotlights militant nexus in Karachi

Thursday, 18 Feb, 2010

KARACHI: The arrest of a top Taliban commander in Pakistan highlights the militant nexus in Karachi, where crime bankrolls violence and the teeming metropolis offers the perfect hiding place.

Karachi, home to 16 million people, has two sea ports which are a gateway to the world and transit hub for Nato supplies heading to the war effort in neighbouring Afghanistan.

For decades Karachi has been connected with the criminal underworld and since the September 11, 2001 attacks, with extreme Islamist networks too.

US journalist Daniel Pearl was kidnapped in the city and beheaded in 2002.

In 2007, more than 136 people were killed at the homecoming parade of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in Karachi, Pakistan's deadliest ever bomb attack.

While officials refuse to confirm details of how, when and where Taliban number two Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar was arrested, American media reported that US and Pakistani spies captured him in Karachi.

“The arrest of a top Afghan Taliban commander proves the premise that some Afghan Taliban are present in Pakistan,” said security analyst Hasan Askari.

“Karachi has become the most attractive hideout for militants because it is a massive city and there are all kinds of ethnic and linguistic groups, where Pakistani and Afghan Taliban can disappear,” he added.

Around 2.5 million Pashtuns from the northwest are estimated to live in Karachi, a migration that began in the 1950s but accelerates with each successive offensive against Pakistani Islamists in the region.

One self-professed militant told AFP that he comes to Karachi to take a break from the battlefield in Pakistan's tribal belt on the Afghan border where Al-Qaeda and Taliban are hunkered down and targeted by US missiles.

“We come here to relax,” the man calling himself Aqeel Ahmed told AFP in a telephone call, saying he fought against the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan and is now affiliated to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) faction.

“We do jobs as labourers or other menial work in Karachi when we are permitted to leave the battle. And we go back to the battlefield when we receive a call from the top,” he said.

Tensions between Pashtuns and the local population have sparked riots, while bomb attacks have targeted Shiite Muslims killing 76 people in the last two months, sparking fears that Karachi is returning to the eye of the storm.

“We have arrested a couple of dozen militants associated with the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and seized large quantities of explosives and weapons including explosive-filled suicide jackets,” a police official said.

Karachi, with its moneyed residents and big business, has proved fertile ground for financing Pakistani Islamist activities. Security officials acknowledge, but have less intelligence on, the presence of Afghan Taliban.

“Taliban do come here... They send money to their mentors in the northwest and even some deals with the families of kidnapping victims (in Karachi) were finalised in Waziristan,” the police official told AFP.

Money is wired to northwest Pakistan through the traditional but illegal method of “hundi”. Groups can also demand ransom payments in the tribal areas, which include the militant bastions of North and South Waziristan.

“They (militants) have safe havens on the outskirts where they run their operations,” said Sharfuddin Memon, head of the Citizen-Police Liaison Committee, a state-run watchdog organisation.

“They generate funds through kidnappings and robberies and also militants plan attacks in Karachi, most of which our police foiled,” he said.

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement — which represents Muslims who migrated from India -- sits in government and is a bitter rival of Pashtun political parties.It also believes there is a heavy militant presence in the city.

But Mufti Mohammad Naeem, the head of Karachi's Jamia Binoria madrassa, one of the largest among thousands of religious schools in the city, says there is a conspiracy against the religious political parties and groups.

“Our rulers are falsely accusing our madrassas of being involved in terrorism or having links with the Taliban. Rulers are doing this to appease their Western masters who pay them with loads of dollars,” he told AFP.

Hmmm! terrorist are at haq in your perception.

mullah omer, obl.... self made amirul momeinein.
This is better for every person on earth like you must go to live and die with your haq . I think this the best way to make a quick decision between haq and baatil.

I made general statement , you took it in wrong direction , bad habbits die hard

Thursday, 18 Feb, 2010

Talaban leaders are denying this news , logically also it is wrong Talaban cammander always fight in front line of battle field.

US/ISI are making drama nothing else to demoralize mujahdeen

This isn't general this is your inside heart statement.This is very clear that you symbol terror as haq.

Haq is light , darkness (batil) have no existance , it is due to absence of light .

I hope now got my point

Taliban arrest spotlights militant nexus in Karachi

KARACHI: The arrest of a top Taliban commander in Pakistan highlights the militant nexus in Karachi, where crime bankrolls violence and the teeming metropolis offers the perfect hiding place.

Karachi, home to 16 million people, has two sea ports which are a gateway to the world and transit hub for Nato supplies heading to the war effort in neighbouring Afghanistan.

For decades Karachi has been connected with the criminal underworld and since the September 11, 2001 attacks, with extreme Islamist networks too.

US journalist Daniel Pearl was kidnapped in the city and beheaded in 2002.

In 2007, more than 136 people were killed at the homecoming parade of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in Karachi, Pakistan's deadliest ever bomb attack.

While officials refuse to confirm details of how, when and where Taliban number two Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar was arrested, American media reported that US and Pakistani spies captured him in Karachi.

“The arrest of a top Afghan Taliban commander proves the premise that some Afghan Taliban are present in Pakistan,” said security analyst Hasan Askari.

“Karachi has become the most attractive hideout for militants because it is a massive city and there are all kinds of ethnic and linguistic groups, where Pakistani and Afghan Taliban can disappear,” he added.

Around 2.5 million Pashtuns from the northwest are estimated to live in Karachi, a migration that began in the 1950s but accelerates with each successive offensive against Pakistani Islamists in the region.

One self-professed militant told AFP that he comes to Karachi to take a break from the battlefield in Pakistan's tribal belt on the Afghan border where Al-Qaeda and Taliban are hunkered down and targeted by US missiles.

“We come here to relax,” the man calling himself Aqeel Ahmed told AFP in a telephone call, saying he fought against the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan and is now affiliated to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) faction.

“We do jobs as labourers or other menial work in Karachi when we are permitted to leave the battle. And we go back to the battlefield when we receive a call from the top,” he said.

Tensions between Pashtuns and the local population have sparked riots, while bomb attacks have targeted Shiite Muslims killing 76 people in the last two months, sparking fears that Karachi is returning to the eye of the storm.

“We have arrested a couple of dozen militants associated with the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and seized large quantities of explosives and weapons including explosive-filled suicide jackets,” a police official said.

Karachi, with its moneyed residents and big business, has proved fertile ground for financing Pakistani Islamist activities. Security officials acknowledge, but have less intelligence on, the presence of Afghan Taliban.

“Taliban do come here... They send money to their mentors in the northwest and even some deals with the families of kidnapping victims (in Karachi) were finalised in Waziristan,” the police official told AFP.

Money is wired to northwest Pakistan through the traditional but illegal method of “hundi”. Groups can also demand ransom payments in the tribal areas, which include the militant bastions of North and South Waziristan.

“They (militants) have safe havens on the outskirts where they run their operations,” said Sharfuddin Memon, head of the Citizen-Police Liaison Committee, a state-run watchdog organisation.

“They generate funds through kidnappings and robberies and also militants plan attacks in Karachi, most of which our police foiled,” he said.

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement — which represents Muslims who migrated from India -- sits in government and is a bitter rival of Pashtun political parties.It also believes there is a heavy militant presence in the city.

But Mufti Mohammad Naeem, the head of Karachi's Jamia Binoria madrassa, one of the largest among thousands of religious schools in the city, says there is a conspiracy against the religious political parties and groups.

“Our rulers are falsely accusing our madrassas of being involved in terrorism or having links with the Taliban. Rulers are doing this to appease their Western masters who pay them with loads of dollars,” he told AFP.

Three Al-Qaeda associates arrested in Karachi

KARACHI: Three men closely linked to Al-Qaeda were arrested during raids in Karachi’s Gulshan-i-Iqbal area.

Intelligence officials arrested the three from Gulshan-i-Iqbal’s Block 17.

The names of two of the three were released: Kifayatullah and Abu Reyan Al Zarkazi also known as Abu Musa.

Abu Musa is a known associate of Osama Bin Laden and was notorious for firing down US drones in Waziristan.

He was also the commander of foreign combatants in Pakistan and prior to 9/11 travelled with Osama Bin Laden to Sudan.

The three were in Karachi to purchase mechanical parts from Sher Shah. Among other items purchased were washing machine timers — important components in time bombs. — DawnNews

Karachi has become Terror central...all these Al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists being apprehended from there

I guess the Quetta Shura is also based there too

Back
Top Bottom