What's new

Taliban Military Chief Mullah Baradar captured by Pakistan

Karachi has become Terror central...all these Al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists being apprehended from there

I guess the Quetta Shura is also based there too

This is Urdu proverb,jackal direct toward city when saw its ultimate death.
certainly big jackals should coming to big city for their flights to hell.

Many people here worry about First time Pakistan agencies operation against Afghan taliban,even massive reaction expected .

I think Pakistani agencies smell the future joint intentions of taliban and alqaeda in karachi.

Taliban and Al qaeda are going to show their Triumph card in karachi through Hundred and thousand of their jihadi forces at Karachi madersass.

Taliban has already threat a takeover the Karachi. Recently Mufti naeem of banorya town(biggest base of wahabies) has expressed his panic about Agencies operation at madressas

Pakistani-U.S. Raid Nabs Mullah Baradar: Kayani Doctrine in Full Effect
The New York Times reveals this evening that the Afghan Taliban’s second-in-command, Mullah Baradar, was arrested in Karachi on Thursday in a joint raid by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence and the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. The move is clear demonstration that the Pakistan Army, under the command of Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, has a more flexible approach toward Afghanistan, guided by the realization that it has permanent interests, not permanent allies in its neighbor to the northwest.

In a recent briefing to foreign correspondents, Kayani said that Pakistan seeks a friendly government, stability, and ”strategic depth” (meaning, at the very least, that Kabul is not allied with New Delhi) in Afghanistan. The Pakistan Army is willing to play by more conventional rules and begin to engage so-called good actors to secure these goals in Afghanistan. Toward this, Kayani offered to train the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police. Having denied India a strategic pivot into Central Asia and northwestern/western Pakistan via Afghanistan (note India’s minimal role in the London talks and absence from the Istanbul talks), the Pakistani military-intelligence establishment feels more secure to broaden its ties in Afghanistan and engage the current Afghan leadership.

In addition to having been provided an opportunity to diversify its contacts in Afghanistan, the Pakistan Army likely also feels a need to do so. In my previous post, I speculated that Kayani’s overtures to the Karzai government possibly contained the following “implicit message” to the Afghan Taliban: “you are not our only option, so don’t take us for granted.” And so the arrest of Baradar is perhaps part of an attempt by the Pakistan Army to induce behavioral change on the part of the Afghan Taliban, and particularly its obstinate leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar. These desired changes likely include: giving up maximalist goals, such as the re-establishment of an emirate; and clear movement toward the bargaining table with Karzai and away from al-Qaeda and the Pakistani Taliban. And equally important, as Afghans have engaged in a multitude of secret peace talks in the region, the Pakistan Army would like to ensure that it, to the exclusion of India, is part of the glue that holds together any power sharing arrangement in Kabul. In other words, it doesn’t want the Afghans to make their own peace and shut Pakistan out of the process. If Pakistan were excluded, then what was the trouble of the past eight years for?

The arrest of Baradar helps bring U.S. and Pakistan policy toward Afghanistan in closer alignment. The Pakistan Army is willing to work with Afghan moderates and, at the same time, retains significant leverage over the country’s insurgents. It has the capacity and willingness to engage, if not manage, a broad spectrum of Afghanistan’s major Pashtun actors — both “good” and “bad.” One would imagine that Pakistani diplomatic, military, and political officials are also engaging Afghan Tajiks and Uzbeks, particularly ex-mujahideen.

With its contacts, geographic location, and new-found “responsible” approach, it’s Pakistan — not Iran, India, or Russia — that is positioned to play the role of stability guarantor in a post-American Afghanistan, especially as it pertains to U.S. interests. Pakistan has an opportunity to come in from the cold and project its regional influence through more conventional and “legitimate” means. In doing so, it can secure its interests and the respect and trust of others, while also containing the Taliban contagion infesting its border areas with Afghanistan.

Pakistani-U.S. Raid Nabs Mullah Baradar: Kayani Doctrine in Full Effect
The New York Times reveals this evening that the Afghan Taliban’s second-in-command, Mullah Baradar, was arrested in Karachi on Thursday in a joint raid by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence and the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. The move is clear demonstration that the Pakistan Army, under the command of Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, has a more flexible approach toward Afghanistan, guided by the realization that it has permanent interests, not permanent allies in its neighbor to the northwest.

In a recent briefing to foreign correspondents, Kayani said that Pakistan seeks a friendly government, stability, and ”strategic depth” (meaning, at the very least, that Kabul is not allied with New Delhi) in Afghanistan. The Pakistan Army is willing to play by more conventional rules and begin to engage so-called good actors to secure these goals in Afghanistan. Toward this, Kayani offered to train the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police. Having denied India a strategic pivot into Central Asia and northwestern/western Pakistan via Afghanistan (note India’s minimal role in the London talks and absence from the Istanbul talks), the Pakistani military-intelligence establishment feels more secure to broaden its ties in Afghanistan and engage the current Afghan leadership.

In addition to having been provided an opportunity to diversify its contacts in Afghanistan, the Pakistan Army likely also feels a need to do so. In my previous post, I speculated that Kayani’s overtures to the Karzai government possibly contained the following “implicit message” to the Afghan Taliban: “you are not our only option, so don’t take us for granted.” And so the arrest of Baradar is perhaps part of an attempt by the Pakistan Army to induce behavioral change on the part of the Afghan Taliban, and particularly its obstinate leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar. These desired changes likely include: giving up maximalist goals, such as the re-establishment of an emirate; and clear movement toward the bargaining table with Karzai and away from al-Qaeda and the Pakistani Taliban. And equally important, as Afghans have engaged in a multitude of secret peace talks in the region, the Pakistan Army would like to ensure that it, to the exclusion of India, is part of the glue that holds together any power sharing arrangement in Kabul. In other words, it doesn’t want the Afghans to make their own peace and shut Pakistan out of the process. If Pakistan were excluded, then what was the trouble of the past eight years for?

The arrest of Baradar helps bring U.S. and Pakistan policy toward Afghanistan in closer alignment. The Pakistan Army is willing to work with Afghan moderates and, at the same time, retains significant leverage over the country’s insurgents. It has the capacity and willingness to engage, if not manage, a broad spectrum of Afghanistan’s major Pashtun actors — both “good” and “bad.” One would imagine that Pakistani diplomatic, military, and political officials are also engaging Afghan Tajiks and Uzbeks, particularly ex-mujahideen.

With its contacts, geographic location, and new-found “responsible” approach, it’s Pakistan — not Iran, India, or Russia — that is positioned to play the role of stability guarantor in a post-American Afghanistan, especially as it pertains to U.S. interests. Pakistan has an opportunity to come in from the cold and project its regional influence through more conventional and “legitimate” means. In doing so, it can secure its interests and the respect and trust of others, while also containing the Taliban contagion infesting its border areas with Afghanistan.

Musharaf also captured Afghan leaders and handed over to US , this news is not new.We have to see what is reaction of Afghan Talaban , i dont think they will target PA at any cost.It is against their policy untill unless Pakistan send troops in Afghanistan.

This isn't general this is your inside heart statement.This is very clear that you symbol terror as haq.

I wonder if you have some divine powers to look into someone's heart.

Only Allah, God, the creater knows who is on Haq and who is batil. Indeed Haq can not be defeated by batil.

Anyway back to topic.

The bottomline is.

1. Pakistani army had done a good Job.
2. ISI had done a good job

3. Now all those Ameerki on the forum should have the courage to praise our success.

4. The Indians should keep quite now and also need to have some high moral ground to praise ISI and Pakistani army.

And all those who were doing propaganda against Pakistan, army and ISI, should SHUT UP

Hope i am clear.

:police:

Only Allah, God, the creater knows who is on Haq and who is batil. Indeed Haq can not be defeated by batil.

:

One who don't aware about, who is Haq and who is Baatil could be Muslim but not Momein.
If we aware about Haq and Baatil ,taliban(munafqein) could never be done their terrorist job freely for decade in our country.

Please read the previous posts of Fundamentalist , than give your comments.He clearly said that west declare HAQ as terrorist.

Last edited:

I agree with you, but in some other cases it is quite obvioiuse to see if someone is Haq or Batil, it doesnt require rocket science.

One who don't aware about, who is Haq and who is Baatil could be Muslim but not Momein.
If we aware about Haq and Baatil ,taliban(munafqein) could never be done their terrorist job freely in our country.

Please read the previous posts of Fundamentalist , than give your comments.He clearly said that west declare HAQ as terrorist.

I think you should take his statement keeping in mind the circumstances and the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan is in NO way justified. Those fighting against this occupation indeed have justification. If you ask me for my vote indeed i wont vote for the US/NATO in this case atleast.

Rest Again i will say Only Allah knows who is at haq and who is batil and we have no right to decide about who is a momin and who is not.

I think you should take his statement keeping in mind the circumstances and the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan is in NO way justified. Those fighting against this occupation indeed have justification. If you ask me for my vote indeed i wont vote for the US/NATO in this case atleast.

Rest Again i will say Only Allah knows who is at haq and who is batil and we have no right to decide about who is a momin and who is not.

mullah omar,obl and saddam all of them were US. ex.partner in the past. But now table has turned and they are worst enemy.

HAQ is not in both side. Not every war is between HAQ and Baatil .
who were Haq and Baatil in World wars 1,2.

But If someone saying mullah omar ,haq, than why you have doubt to say him haq or baatil?
Certainly they are exploiting this doubt for last 20 years in this country and ruin the peace.

mullah omar,obl and saddam all of them were US. ex.partner in the past.

These men have never been "partners" of the USA. At most Omar and OBL were "partners" of Pakistan and Saddam a "partner" of the PLO. OBL and Saddam were enemies of our enemy, nothing more. Omar was nothing.

These men have never been "partners" of the USA. At most Omar and OBL were "partners" of Pakistan and Saddam a "partner" of the PLO. OBL and Saddam were enemies of our enemy, nothing more. Omar was nothing.

OBL was no more a 'partner' of Pakistan than he was a partner of the US.

Back
Top Bottom