What's new

Taliban heading towards Kandahar in captured ANA vehicles

I hope all these Taliban advances are not an American ploy to lure them to concentrate into a few pockets which they can bomb to wipe them out.
Don't worry as history is evident they will multiply if US do so. They are not like ANA or afghan are ,they represent average afghan. If one talib die two take his place in afghanistan.

The recording is of Afghan commandos who has surrendered to the Taliban in Kunduz.

Why Afghan army is so weak ? It has around 180.000 troops and well equipped compared to around 75.000 Taliban

He is saying all these are commandos, referring to taliban fighters.
He also says that the amount of weapons found in qunduz is the largest so far found anywhere.
Seems the taliban are armed to the teeth now, that too with western weapons. No more stopping them now. I guess soon they will cutoff kabul from rest of the country and lay seige to it. They will then offer one last peace negotiations chance and if the puppets dont accept, they will wipe them out.

This video is actually showing the ANA surrendering Kunduz Airport to IEA.
The vehicles you see are of the Kabul administration being allowed to leave after agreement.
Please amend the title.
Was Wondering the Same thing...

Why Afghan army is so weak ? It has around 180.000 troops and well equipped compared to around 75.000 Taliban

Nobody really knows how big the army is. bad leadership, poor discipline, food shortage, no moral, and who wants to die for $100/month so that criminal and corrupt leaders can become billionaires?

Taliban is offering them amnesty, good treatment + new clothing and a ticket home to their families. That's a way better deal for the soldiers.

Nobody really knows how big the army is. bad leadership, poor discipline, food shortage, no moral, and who wants to die for $100/month so that criminal and corrupt leaders can become billionaires?

Taliban is offering them amnesty, good treatment + new clothing and a ticket home to their families. That's a way better deal for the soldiers.

Strategically Taliban has the upper hand since they have already had large and mobile troops, they can attack anywhere and concentrate in one target while Afghan forces need to spread their troops to so many provinces.

What I can see is that Afghan government concentrate troops at few large cities and particularly Kabul is heavily guarded as CNN reporter also see strong Afghan troops in Kabul.

I see in Wikipedia they got 12 billion USD per year for defense ministry ( financed by USA), this is huge for Afghan force as they practically only have Army.

Indonesia only has 9 billion USD defense budget per year and it needs to spread into Air Force, Army, and Navy. We get 450.000 troops (Armed Force) and has biggest Navy in the region.

Because ANA lacks discipline, fighting spirit and motivation.
I see in Wikipedia they got 12 billion USD per year for defense ministry ( financed by USA), this is huge for Afghan force as they practically only have Army.

Indonesia only has 9 billion USD defense budget per year and it needs to spread into Air Force, Army, and Navy. We get 450.000 troops (Armed Force) and has biggest Navy in the region
That's how foreign invaders like USA and NATO prolonged their stay in afghanistan by giving money to corrupt warlords like Rashid dostum . Most of that 12 billion dollars goes to the corrupt ghani and his warlords.

Why is this in this thread?

As far as afganistan is concerned.... i care very very little about it...however even from my fairly uninformed and uninterested vantage point it seems tha the talibans could not possibly advance with such speed if the afgan population did not support them.

That is the key... They definitely have local population support.... Perhaps frustrated by the corrupt American installed Kabul government to deliver and hopping the Taliban of 2021 is not the same as the 1990s...

I am.not sure how evolved the Taliban of today are....

The ANA is 300,000 strong not 180,000. Taliban are considered to be at max. 70,000 by the Americans.

The Afghan National Army is losing because the local population supports the Taliban. There is no way the Taliban could have captured almost the entire nation with just 70k without local population support...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom