What's new

Taliban Commanders Say They Were Tortured by Pakistani Intelligence

What is wrong with the priorities of the US Govt that isn't suppose to negotiate with terrorists ?
Yaar its US. All they think of is their national interest. They don't take things on ego. That's why they are super power.

Practicality and rationality over Emotionality.

What is wrong with the priorities of the US Govt that isn't suppose to negotiate with terrorists ?

And they wont..
It was a trick...... The situation will be made worse and they wont leave in 2014.
Or leave their tamed dogs incharge and rule the drug trade from USA-

Yaar its US. All they think of is their national interest. They don't take things on ego. That's why they are super power.

Practicality and rationality over Emotionality.

I am asking how is it even going to help the US seriously ? Taliban aren't ready for anything other than the demand of " every single coalition soldier leaving Afghanistan " ...

And they wont..
It was a trick...... The situation will be made worse and they wont leave in 2014.
Or leave their tamed dogs incharge and rule the drug trade from USA-

They are trying to very hard , there's no denial ...
What sort of trick ? We expect a much worse outcome of American withdrawal from Afghanistan ...
Their tamed dogs have to fight a long war with others and only the outcome of that war can then decide whether US can run a proxy Govt in Kabul ...

I am asking how is it even going to help the US seriously ? Taliban aren't ready for anything other than the demand of " every single coalition soldier leaving Afghanistan " ...
Nope. Taliban will strike a deal to have their share of power and profits from the region. They can use Taliban to affect Chinese investment.

See, US just want a base in Afghanistan because of Russia and China. For that, dealing with Taliban is small price to pay. They did raise Mujahideens against Russians.

Afghanistan is good place to raise anti-Chinese forces that can target Chinese investments in Afghanistan and even in Central Asia.

Nope. Taliban will strike a deal to have their share of power and profits from the region. They can use Taliban to affect Chinese investment.

See, US just want a base in Afghanistan because of Russia and China. For that, dealing with Taliban is small price to pay. They did raise Mujahideens against Russians.

Afghanistan is good place to raise anti-Chinese forces that can target Chinese investments in Afghanistan and even Central Asia.

A few minutes ago , you were asking me to show rationality , now you are expecting rationality from Taliban ? :D

Mate , a small base is of no significant value if the country's burning with civil war and ai'nt no proper Govt in Kabul ...

This Chinese-phobia isn't benefit anyone , it makes no sense to me seriously ...

A few minutes ago , you were asking me to show rationality , now you are expecting rationality from Taliban ? :D
Mate , a small base is of no significant value if the country's burning with civil war and ai'nt no proper Govt in Kabul ...
This Chinese-phobia isn't benefit anyone , it makes no sense to me seriously ...
Abe I wasn't asking you to show rationality.

Made a general statement about how US thinks. Look at CIA and drone strikes. Recent attacks killed Pro-Pakistan terrorists. Pakistan is releasing Afghan Taliban as they want to have more control on Afghanistan otherwise Tribal belt may go on fire. With civil war in Afghanistan, Pakistan will also feel the heat.

If we read the news carefully, we can see that even in ISI there is difference of opinion, I fear for the same when it comes for action. Taliban are not good, leave humanity even for ISLAM they are acting on just opposite side of principles. Better buck up & fight for survival. I know that Pakistani & Indian brothers always like to say that we have survived for so many years & we will in future. That is not the attitude which we should have. Time to be proactive not reactive, especially in India(of course my nation comes first). For me Pakistan acts like a buffer zone against Taliban.

It will beck to 1990s when Afghanistan was fighting itself..
Farsibaan and Pushtoons wont live in peace ever.. They were in a breif peace at the start of Taliban Rule,but later when Taliban has full power and an established government,they started discrimination against Farsibaan.
My neighbirhood had a madrissah full of Farsibaan students,and they used to go to their Afghan homes and come back worried about rising Pro pashtoon,anti farsibaan sentiments among Taliban government.
Same will happen now.
Released taliban commanders may rally some support,but it will be limited to Pushtoom tribes and northern alliance may rise again..
Again we will see Afghans fighting among themselves in various combinations.

they want to support their masters, India has a very trustworthy support now

Afghanistan is good place to raise anti-Chinese forces that can target Chinese investments in Afghanistan and even in Central Asia.

The base you are talking about already exists in both Afghanistan, Pakistan and certain Central Asian Republics since the 9/11 attacks. Here is the map and Afghanistan is in the post 2001 nations:

US Military Bases Around The World US Military Bases Around The World

Pakistan does not care about what happens in the world today. It is being demonized across the world as a rogue, terrorist state. It is being attacked by terrorists daily with attacks resulting in a body count of at least 5 people daily and the country's situation has deteriorated to an extent where we have been forced to lower our heads and simply forget foreign policy and look within.

But a lot of issues actually do stem from our failure to develop an independent foreign policy. I am guaranteeing that once this war on terror is over Pakistan will be abandoned again and something like the Presler amendment will apply again.

There is no logic in torturing Taliban commanders and then releasing them. It is just turning them against our country and we do not need another enemy. We couldn't finish off what we refer to as "rag-tag" or "barbarian" TTP militants. We have no allies, are making policy blunders, making enemies left and right and do not have our own interests at heart.

We have relinquished our foreign policy completely.

These must be the BAD TALIBAN because the GOOD TALIBAN got the CLUB MED treatment. :D

Back
Top Bottom