What's new

Taliban chief says victory in Afghanistan "close"

I just wish pakistan to be ruled by the Taliban. You wish bad for me, i wish bad for you.

We saw masacares of civilians by tens of thousands by the Taliban during their rule. We saw a complete demolition of villages, cities and houses by the taliban. They are still killing the innocent people in large numbers.

If you wish Pakistan would be secure if Nato is defeated then you are are deadly wrong!! Taliban of today is not the same as yesterday's taliban. Pakistan is now days hated among the Taliban, they cant forget the arrest of their leaders and their humiliation(remember Mullah Zaef and others?)

Can you post details of the mass graves unearthed by the western forces.

Definitely in 9 years of occupation, atleast few mass graves of these thousand of civilians must have been found.

Any UN related findings done ?? War crimes court notified and investigation launched ?? Any war criminals named ??

Do plz give the links for our necessary information.

Wrong! Defeat of NATO doesnt mean an end to conflict in the region!! There will be huge bloodshe in Afghanistan and Pakistan, civilians will be killed in a big rate, hatred will be high and as a result the region will never see peace.

And what if US once again leaves behind the Northern Alliance Vs Taliban game ?? Back to square one ?? Make them both busy in fighting each other and back NA which would be much stronger this time.

And what if US once again leaves behind the Northern Alliance Vs Taliban game ?? Back to square one ?? Make them both busy in fighting each other and back NA which would be much stronger this time.

This is exactly what i fear. The taliban vs NA(so called). Who will benefit from this? i am sure it wont be Afghanistan. That is why i worry if the Nato is defeated, this is our best chance to get the country back on track, if we lose it, we will lose Afghanistan.

This is exactly what i fear. The taliban vs NA(so called). Who will benefit from this? i am sure it wont be Afghanistan. That is why i worry if the Nato is defeated, this is our best chance to get the country back on track, if we lose it, we will lose Afghanistan.

Well then don't insult Pakistan, ask NATO that if they are really serious in stabilizing Afghanistan, bring in more troops and other political restructuring.

To me it seems, the US/NATO is not really interested in defeating Taliban or want to stabilize it, otherwise they would have shown serious commitment as they did in Iraq.

And my other question remains unanswered.

Can you post details of the mass graves unearthed by the western forces.

Definitely in 9 years of occupation, atleast few mass graves of these thousand of civilians must have been found.

Any UN related findings done ?? War crimes court notified and investigation launched ?? Any war criminals named ??

Do plz give the links for our necessary information.

UN confirms Taliban massacre of ethnic minority

Eyewitness accounts of Taliban massacre in Yakaolang

Recent wave of brutalities by Taliban

Global Watch Group - Background on Afghanistan, page 10

UN finds mass graves of Hazara killed by Taliban - Asia, World - The Independent

THE MASSACRE IN MAZAR-I SHARIF

Well then don't insult Pakistan, ask NATO that if they are really serious in stabilizing Afghanistan, bring in more troops and other political restructuring.

To me it seems, the US/NATO is not really interested in defeating Taliban or want to stabilize it, otherwise they would have shown serious commitment as they did in Iraq.

And my other question remains unanswered.

I think they are committed, they have large numbers of troops and resources. This is a difficult situation.

For those who understand tribal customs should be aware that collective punishment is the way to go. I formented this opnion recently after reading a long article on history of Saudi tribal conflicts. Because this is how the tribal mentality work...if X tribe is adversary of Y tribe then hurting or killing anyone from X is a positive achievement be it totally innocent person.

If more troops are sent to Afghanistan, the world media will scream bloody murder over the "imperialist thugs with their boot heels on the throats of Afghani civilians." So what is the answer? Immediate pullout will result in chaos, misery, civil war.

Any direct military confrontations inevitably result in a Taliban defeat; thus, they are limited to bombings, pot-shots, IED's, and patience. In the meantime, they are gassing girls' schools and brutalizing any Afghani's who help NATO.

So we need to pick an option - loosen up the ROE, recognize that war is ugly, and finish the job. Or pull out. This half-way approach isn't working.

On aid and other economic incentives - I have a friend in Afghanistan who is trying to help distribute millions (billions overall) in economic aid, medicine, food. Roughly 85% of it is being stolen. There is no reliable mechanism in place to get the aid to those who need it. They'll drop off a huge stock of medical supplies to a local clinic, and in two days, the bulk of it is being sold openly in markets and bazaars.

That is exactly what i believe is, Nato wants Afghanistan to destabilize, in the rule of Taliban there is no big fight in the region of afghanistan..
what Nato wants is destabilize afghans and fighting with each other..

Dude NATO will be defeated but creates a force called Na which makes Afghanistan hell,, because Nato wants a conflict in the afghanistan by fighting talibans with NA..

Dude NATO will be defeated but creates a force called Na which makes Afghanistan hell,, because Nato wants a conflict in the afghanistan by fighting talibans with NA..

although i dont agree with your idea, but even if nato has such a plan, what is best solution for afghanistan? bear in mind that any changes happening in Afghanistna will directly affect pakistan too, be it good or bad.

If more troops are sent to Afghanistan, the world media will scream bloody murder over the "imperialist thugs with their boot heels on the throats of Afghani civilians." So what is the answer? Immediate pullout will result in chaos, misery, civil war.

The answer lies in building the capacity of the Afghan forces. But internal corruption must be curbed before that is done. And, that shoulod begin with Mr Karzai. That should be followed by gradual withdrawal. Not from the country, but from the battle. Things won't improve unless afghan forces are coherent and competent enough to handle things on their own. Pouring in more foreign troops has so far resulted only in more chaos. On both sides. And, importantly, more collateral damage. Obviously, there will be chaos and bloodshed once Americans take the back seat. But, this is inevitable. The only thing which may prevent this from happening is if the major factions in Afghanistan stop internal fights and agree to some sort of national govt.

The answer lies in building the capacity of the Afghan forces.

Believe me, they are trying. The training and equipping is ongoing as we speak. Unfortunately, sleeper taliban-types have "enlisted" in the ANA, and when the moment to go beserk (start shooting) is optimal, they do so. I know of two specific cases... there are probably many more.

But internal corruption must be curbed before that is done. And, that shoulod begin with Mr Karzai.

Couldn't agree more. But the corruption is endemic. Everyone seems to have allegiances that are more familial and tribal rather than national, and the corruption is orchestrated so that certain areas/tribes are enriched.

That should be followed by gradual withdrawal. Not from the country, but from the battle. Things won't improve unless afghan forces are coherent and competent enough to handle things on their own.

Again I agree. The problem is field reports of poor ANA performance, and again, the corruption. The individual ANA recruits will tend to shed their uniforms and go home as soon as it is in their benefit to do so. This isn't an insult to their bravery, it is apparently how they view their personal allegiance.

Karzai may be a poor choice. The problem - who IS a good choice? Who is willing to lead with integrity and honesty? I don't know that Afghanistan will ever become stabilized, in the sense that (again) family/tribe/city seems to take precedence over any sort of stable and benevolent national identity. Combined with the corruption, I don't think the outlook is bright.

I honestly think, given what we know about how their society functions, that individual militias will be far more effective than a nationalized army or police. If NATO pulls out tomorrow, large truck caravans full of taliban will roll into various cities in triumph. If they are met by well-organized and armed militias, who have an allegiance to their home and leader(s), then the taliban will be unable to invoke their cruel rule. The problem with heavily-armed militias would be the rise of warlords once more, and civil war.

@Chogy.
Not only the training but more efforts should be put on Recruitement filter. Every tom, dick and harry should not be welcomed in Army. Those who really know what they are getting into should be selected.

Back
Top Bottom