What's new

Taliban chief Mullah Omar in Karachi: The Washington Times

Thats not what the UN says::;

Pak is an uncivilized country: UN

Monday, 15 March , 2004, 15:24

Islamabad: Pakistan is among those countries listed by the United Nations as uncivilized, because that it has not endorsed international human rights accords or eradicated discriminatory laws from its legal framework.

This has been stated in a report of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, reports Online News. According to the report, Pakistan has only signed five of the twelve agreements intended to safeguard basic human amenities, but it has not taken any steps for their implementation in the country.

Pakistan has also not inked the UN Human Rights accords on Labour Laws, Social, Political, Refugees rights and different kinds of abuses carried out through out the country. The report further says that at present 190 countries have endorsed UN accords on Torture carried out on prisoners and discriminatory and inhuman sentences, however Pakistan is one of those two countries that have not signed these agreements.

In the meantime only seven countries, including Pakistan have not inked four agreements on economy, social, political and cultural rights of the people of their respective countries.

Keeping in view non-endorsement of these accords UN has included Pakistan among those few countries that have not given any respect to human rights in their countries.

Yes there is difference between was and is :coffee: too bad now their is Gold rush in Pakistan

So there are two uncivilized countries, one of which is Pakistan. So that leaves one, and there are plenty of good candidates for that spot, such as Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, some other African countries, etc. Signing these human rights agreements mean very little as we know what happened in Abu Gharaib and Guantanamo bay.

"...do some positive things on that side of the border & on the border, instead of running away from their bases and giving them to Taliban."

If we built it, we'll give it to anybody we want.:lol:

Derailed thread alert!

Why are people inserting posts about ignorant Americans... I am sure that if such a public interview were conducted in Pakistan many won't have a clue either. So please stop bashing each other and focus on the topic.
Sorry... what was the topic again? :coffee: :undecided:

I personally think that Taliban will always remain a moving and elusive target and it will become increasingly difficult to tackle them without a full scale operation from all directions. You really think that Taliban will be sitting in South Waziristan when there was weeks of advanced notice about the PA operation?... I seriously doubt it... this explains the relatively easy progress of army into these areas....

Derailed thread alert!

Why are people inserting posts about ignorant Americans...

Because this is a good way for Pakistanis to hide the failures of Pakistan as a nation even though all of them ranting on this forum have moved to the west.

talk about hypocrisy.

"Signing these human rights agreements mean very little as we know what happened in Abu Gharaib and Guantanamo bay."

Not happening now. Instead we turn them over to your muslim brothers...

...and walk away. Quickly.

Thank God those taliban and A.Q. you capture are being treated IAW the rules of war, eh?

Care to see any video?:eek:

Because this is a good way for Pakistanis to hide the failures of Pakistan as a nation even though all of them ranting on this forum have moved to the west.

talk about hypocrisy.

There are great countries in west not only US , I love the nation I live in and no complaints its my second home, ya if I be living in USA and complaint then its hypocrisy.
Every Great leader in Sub Continent left its nation for time to time :azn:

Last edited:
So there are two uncivilized countries, one of which is Pakistan. So that leaves one, and there are plenty of good candidates for that spot, such as Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, some other African countries, etc. Signing these human rights agreements mean very little as we know what happened in Abu Gharaib and Guantanamo bay.

I dont have a problem with what happened at Guantamo at all, most of those people should have had a quick trial and hung,,,,Abu Gharaib was a crime,people were arrested and punished for it.,,much worse is being done to Christians in Pakistan every day and and its legal according to Pakistan blasphemy laws,

talk about hypocrisy.

We appreciate west who built their civil society on Islamic principles , our critisim for US government is for their double standards in Palestine , lies about WMD in Iraq

How it is hyprocrisy??????

"Clearly, map shortage is a problem in the US..."

Bet we survive our problems better than Pakistan-

Could this be true? Female literacy in Pakistan is only 42%?

Female Literacy Rate 42% National Assembly Told-Daily Times January 29, 2009

I further suspect that there are all sorts of Pakistanis that couldn't read a map much less find Pakistan on it.

Oh well. At least you've got the world's seventh largest army guarding the Indian border. That will really help feed a hungry Pakistani child tonight and provide for his/her schooling tomorrow.:disagree:

Why don't you spend more of your think-tanky time trying to improve Pakistan's schools and worry less about American beauty queens?:agree:

Thanks from a literate American whom knows EXACTLY Pakistan's position in more ways than simply geography.:usflag::)
And yet they make ridiculous claims by placing MO in Karachi whereas hes giving interviews from Kandahar.

Hmmm perhaps they didn't go to the same school as you did.

Or may be once again you've deflected the issue... People aren't really saying that Americans are too dumb, they are saying people like the Washington Times are filled with big fat liars?

Derailed thread alert!

Why are people inserting posts about ignorant Americans... I am sure that if such a public interview were conducted in Pakistan many won't have a clue either. So please stop bashing each other and focus on the topic.
Sorry... what was the topic again? :coffee: :undecided:

I personally think that Taliban will always remain a moving and elusive target and it will become increasingly difficult to tackle them without a full scale operation from all directions. You really think that Taliban will be sitting in South Waziristan when there was weeks of advanced notice about the PA operation?... I seriously doubt it... this explains the relatively easy progress of army into these areas....
There are dumbasses and then there are those that play one on TV.

You choose.

"...hes giving interviews from Kandahar."

Link please?

"...hes giving interviews from Kandahar."

Link please?

:rofl:
you're funny.
all this makes me remember the propaganda we have in Iran against USA. you do the same against Pakistan.
Believe me in the region , we all suffered from british policy, we suffered a lot . they stole us and usa helped to make a hell in the past.
Now it would be time for respect.

":rofl:
you're funny.
all this makes me remember the propaganda we have in Iran against USA. you do the same against Pakistan.
Believe me in the region , we all suffered from british policy, we suffered a lot . they stole us and usa helped to make a hell in the past.
Now it would be time for respect."

Guess you don't have a link to the article either. You'll be the latest linked to my "ignore" list, though.

Bye.:wave:

":rofl:
you're funny.
Now it would be time for respect."

Guess you don't have a link to the article either. You'll be the latest linked to my "ignore" list, though.

Bye.:wave:
for justice in our countries (usa, europe, we are living in) : someone has not to proove he is not guilty. it is the justice system which should proove.
it is the same for journalists: when they say this or this they should give proofs.

but seems you didn't understand well this.

Back
Top Bottom