What's new

Taliban are not enemies !

I didn't join a TT, I came, I learnt, I saw how the more experienced members engaged in meaningful discourse and in due time, I became one of them.
lol...it takes times to be one...
You should kindly show some patience towards this young soul:lol:

I think he is in favour of recociliation with the Taliban which many pakistani are, he is entitled to his opinion.
I don't expect from a man like him to make Pro-taliban statements.

lol...it takes times to be one...
You should kindly show some patience towards this young soul:lol:

Indeed, which is why I retracted my rating. Do well, be a great representative of your country. @karan.1970 @Joe Shearer and @Bang Galore are some of the many good examples to emulate, observe how they engage in argument and you'll learn quick.

Same can be said about radical Hinduism. which is predominant in current day India
who is denying......am i ever supported , act of Ram sena,Bajrang dal, Hindu Sena ,Shiv sena........their act may not be same up to that extent ,the way Taliban is today ,ideologically may not be same.........but psychological yes 100 % same

WE must NOT open threads by posting individuals' tweets, FB messages.

Edhi sahab is a simple and good man and i doubt if he even finds time to use twitter or FB.

Its a reported tweet by a news channel.

The extended testimony, whereas Edhi Sahab holds great respect near me for being a gem of a person and being a selfless saint. He is, but a social worker and his testimony on geopolitics and Counter-Insurgency may be taken as his opinion and nothing more.

So to summarize, Mr. Edhi thinks that there should be talks with Taliban, fair enough it is his opinion and he is entitled to one but to say that because he holds this opinion, it should become the basis for our policy direction or even to imply such is fool hardy at best.

just like you military boys have a training and orientation to kill or be killed. similarly when looking into national interest, the politicians and intelligentsia forms opinion that describe best interest of the nation, country and its future.

this is how a proper system works, soldiers for their job, doctor for theirs, both cannot be done by soldiers !

just like you military boys have a training and orientation to kill or be killed. similarly when looking into national interest, the politicians and intelligentsia forms opinion that are describe best interest of the nation, country and its future.

this is how a proper system works, soldiers for their job, doctor for theirs, both cannot be done by soldiers !

Indeed, however Edhi Sahab is neither a politician nor an intellectual. He is a social worker, thus you have gone to further cement my point that it his opinion is not something that automatically nullifies all argument.

Indeed, however Edhi Sahab is neither a politician nor an intellectual. He is a social worker, thus you have gone to further cement my point that it his opinion is not something that automatically nullifies all argument.

he is a reputed man, not unknown or unaware. what you trying to make him look like is an attempt to nullify his view, by repeatedly claiming it to be just an opinion. the point is to look into available options, thats why its the job of the leaders of the country to look into national interest, not "kill or be killed" boys !

just like you military boys have a training and orientation to kill or be killed. similarly when looking into national interest, the politicians and intelligentsia forms opinion that describe best interest of the nation, country and its future.

i disagree with the bold part. Their party manifesto might be brandishing what you said but their self-interest comes first then the country whereas military boys keep this thing in mind that if the country remains intact then their interests at organisational level will be protected hence country comes first for them

he is a reputed man, not unknown or unaware. what you trying to make him look like is an attempt to nullify his view, by repeatedly claiming it to be just an opinion. the point is to look into available options, thats why its the job of the leaders of the country to look into national interest, not "kill or be killed" boys !

I already said that it is an extended testimony, just because Shahid Afridi is a good cricketer and has good hair does not mean he is qualified to sell a car, but just because he is "well-reputed", a firm will be glad to hire him. Even though an automotive engineer will be able to offer much better insight on whether the car is worth your money or not.
Similarly, Edhi Sahab is a saint and a social worker but he is not someone who I would trust with policy decisions, we have very well-educated and experienced people who get paid for that particular job and It would be best left to them.
As for "Killed or be Killed", I am not sure who told you that I am from the Army, I am not.

Actually he talking about talks, negotiations which is indeed an option but he dint talk about terms and conditions BUT news channels are just trying to create hype by using his name

I already said that it is an extended testimony, just because Shahid Afridi is a good cricketer and has good hair does not mean he is qualified to sell a car, but just because he is "well-reputed", a firm will be glad to hire him. Even though an automotive engineer will be able to offer much better insight on whether the car is worth your money or not.
Similarly, Edhi Sahab is a saint and a social worker but he is not someone who I would trust with policy decisions, we have very well-educated and experienced people who get paid for that particular job and It would be best left to them.
As for "Killed or be Killed", I am not sure who told you that I am from the Army, I am not.

As far as I remember you were the one who claimed to have suggested to his superior to open fire on extortionists in Islamabad. so makes you pretty much from kill and be killed group.

secondly dont make it about Sir Edhi and again down playing by comparing him with an idiot like shahid afridi.

try work out on the cost of war, thousands have started to flee NW, due to recently bombard and speculations regarding future attacks, unless we dont properly settled them in camps, they will spread across the country, as this migration would be unaccounted, hence the taliban will spread too, especially in Peshawar and Karachi. creating more chances of reaction and vulnerability of the cities.

not that i suggest to talk with Fazalullah, but be specific in eliminating the target, why cannot we get rid of him through a commando operation, I m pretty sure the taliban issue can be solved through peaceful means, by creating splinter groups etc, and not necessarily through operation, we dont need to go into NW as invaders, its our land, we need permanent cantonment in these areas, hence its wise not to go in as invaders.

Actually he talking about talks, negotiations which is indeed an option but he dint talk about terms and conditions BUT news channels are just trying to create hype by using his name

I know media is scared too since the recent threats, thats why they maybe acting in appeasement.

I know media is scared too since the recent threats, thats why they maybe acting in appeasement.

Well NO Media is not doing anything like that but certain media anchors.

Media is a very soft target for extremists these days

As far as I remember you were the one who claimed to have suggested to his superior to open fire on extortionists in Islamabad. so makes you pretty much from kill and be killed group.

Oh yes, that I did and would do it any day. To protect the law abiding Pakistani is my sworn duty, to stand by and watch as men are dragged out of their cars and beaten before their families, who's goods are looted from vans and taxis are burnt for no fault of their own is a disgrace to my oath. Others may be able to see the nation suffer, I can't. I believe in making decisions and executing them to protect this country, if that makes me a villain, then I respect your right to judge and reserve my own.

secondly dont make it about Sir Edhi and again down playing by comparing him with an idiot like shahid afridi.

It's called drawing a comparison, it doesn't have to be entirely accurate as long as it conveys the meaning intended.

try work out on the cost of war, thousands have started to flee NW, due to recently bombard and speculations regarding future attacks, unless we dont properly settled them in camps, they will spread across the country, as this migration would be unaccounted, hence the taliban will spread too, especially in Peshawar and Karachi. creating more chances of reaction and vulnerability of the cities.

There is a darfted plan to settle any IDPs that may have to move from NWA, Pakistan has dealt with a much larger IDP crisis and defused it beautifully, God-willing if the need comes, we will be able to fully accommodate our brothers and sisters from NWA.

not that i suggest to talk with Fazalullah, but be specific in eliminating the target, why cannot we get rid of him through a commando operation, I m pretty sure the taliban issue can be solved through peaceful means, by creating splinter groups etc, and not necessarily through operation, we dont need to go into NW as invaders, its our land, we need permanent cantonment in these areas, hence we shouldnt go as invaders.

The reason why the military wants to move on NWA is to dismantle militant bases there, if we are able to destroy their base of operation they can take their men and their leadership structure because it will no longer pose a threat to us, they need social, fiscal and physical space which if snatched from them will leave them unable to operate. A commando assualt can be planned against a specific target but right now the whole agency is a perpetual fortress and it will take an active Op to break through but far from what many people believe, it will not be pitched battle. The TTP will desert and escape to Afghanistan before the Army crosses Mir Ali.

Back
Top Bottom