What's new

Taliban aims victory after NATO pullout from Afghanistan: Azimi

New Recruit

Reaction score
Afghan defense officials on Monday said that Taliban militants have deployed a large number of fighters to Afghanistan after closing its religious Madrasas in Pakistan.
Gen.-Zahir-Azimi.jpg

According to reports thousands of of Taliban fighters are busy with the religious studies in Pakistani Madrasas.

The officials also added that Taliban group has increased its psychological war and claim that NATO troops have been defeated in Afghanistan and that Taliban group will gain power after 2014.

Defense ministry spokesman Gen. Zahir Azimi told reporters in capital Kabul on Monday, “Based on our information, Taliban has closed all its religious Madrasas in Pakistan and Taliban has deployed all its fighters in Afghanistan to carry out insurgency and suicide attacks.”

Increased insurgency activities by Taliban militants comes amid preparations by NATO troops to withdraw from the country after Afghan security forces takes full security lead across the country.

Gen. Zahir Azimi said Taliban group is expecting a victory in 2014 and therefore has deployed all its fighters in Afghanistan in a bid to take control of the power after NATO troops leave Afghanistan.

Meanwhile Afghan defense officials assured that Taliban’s increased insurgency activities will have not impact on the security situation of the country, since Taliban militants do not have the capability to face Afghan security forces.

Defense ministry spokesman, Gen. Zahir Azimi said Taliban militants will be able to carry out major attacks in eastern provinces of Afghanistan bordering Pakistan, however Afghan security forces are ready to counter their attacks.

He might not be far from truth. If Nato couldn't defeat taliban then afghan government has no chance of survival after withdrawal. Afghan army is neither as equipped as nato nor as much trained. Karzai and his castle of cards is ready to fall, it only needs a gentle push.

The officials also added that Taliban group has increased its psychological war and claim that NATO troops have been defeated in Afghanistan and that Taliban group will gain power after 2014.
The Taliban are spectacularly delusional. Do they think the US would quit Afghanistan completely so that the Talibs can take control? It's high time they woke up and smelt the coffee.

The reality is far removed from their wet dreams they've been having since the last decade. The US will leave behind at least one division worth of troops as well as special forces and a training contingent with adequate logistics support and a couple of chopper wings for ground support. These troops would be stationed permanently in Afghanistan.

Then there will be the local warlords notably from the Northern Areas to contend with as well as Iran, Russia, India, China and the CIS Republics who are all eying the lucrative wealth of Afghanistan. Except perhaps for China, all these countries will help the Northern Alliance which is highly anti-Taliban in the event of a Talibani takeover attempt. It's going to be deja vu!

Then there's the Afghan National Army consisting of 200,000 troops divided into six regional Corps, with the 201st in Kabul followed by the 203rd in Gardez, 205th in Kandahar, 207th in Herat, 209th in Mazar-i-Sharif and the 215th in Lashkar Gah.

Let's say even 20% of the ANA defect to the Taliban, there's still 160,000 troops left to convert the Talibani dream into a nightmare.

So, which world are the Taliban living in? Answer: A world of delusion! :cuckoo:

Cheers!

The Taliban are spectacularly delusional. Do they think the US would quit Afghanistan completely so that the Talibs can take control? It's high time they woke up and smelt the coffee.

The reality is far removed from their wet dreams they've been having since the last decade. The US will leave behind at least one division worth of troops as well as special forces and a training contingent with adequate logistics support and a couple of chopper wings for ground support.

Then there will be the local warlords notably from the Northern Areas to contend with as well as Iran, Russia, India, China and the CIS Republics who are all eying the lucrative wealth of Afghanistan. Except perhaps for China, all these countries will help the Northern Alliance which is highly anti-Taliban in the event of a Talibani takeover attempt. It's going to be deja vu!

Then there's the Afghan National Army consisting of 200,000 troops divided into six regional Corps, with the 201st in Kabul followed by the 203rd in Gardez, 205th in Kandahar, 207th in Herat, 209th in Mazar-i-Sharif and the 215th in Lashkar Gah.

Let's say even 20% of the ANA defect to the Taliban, there's still 160,000 troops left to convert the Talibani dream into a nightmare.

So, which world are the Taliban living in? Answer: A world of delusion! :cuckoo:

Cheers!

Every spec of ignorance and dirt that you can imagine can be found in these idiot religiously-guided Taliban. Yet they think they are special wonderful people of God, fighting a war for him. Look at the extent of misunderstanding foolishness. Pakistan is able to use them because they are such fools.

The reality is far removed from their wet dreams they've been having since the last decade. The US will leave behind at least one division worth of troops as well as special forces and a training contingent with adequate logistics support and a couple of chopper wings for ground support. These troops would be stationed permanently in Afghanistan.

Cheers!

One division of U.S Army can't save even one province like Helmand, forget about whole Afghanistan.

ANA is a disaster...They stand absolutely no chance against Taliban. Tribal Fighters in Pakistan will kick ANA's arse..forget about Taliban.

2014 is near...we'll see who was delusional :cheers:

Taliban got the victory yet they will form the government only after US leaves.:rofl: Its like dogs claiming that we are lions only after the real lion leaves the forest
:lol:

If that makes your irrelevant indian heart feels good.

Now, go and learn how "Insurgent Organizations" work.

I don't think taliban will take-over whole Afghanistan..There would be some sort of settlement b/w Americans, Afghans, Talibans, and Pakistan.

Guess who's missing? :smokin:

ANA is a disaster...They stand absolutely no chance against Taliban. Tribal Fighters in Pakistan will kick ANA's arse..forget about Taliban.

2014 is near...we'll see who was delusional :cheers:
Ok, yaar, let's have a bet. I'll throw in Rs 10,000 INR into the hat. You put in Rs 20,000 PKR. The winner takes all!
images

Damn! Is betting allowed here? :what: :blink:

Ok, yaar, let's have a bet. I'll throw in Rs 10,000 INR into the hat. You put in Rs 20,000 PKR. The winner takes all!
images

Damn! Is betting allowed here? :what: :blink:

Bhai teri position kya hai? o_O ..

Are you saying that Taliban will not control any part of Afghanistan? They will have zero share in the pie?

I think post 2014 will be a mixed solution with Taliban being a part of the power-structure...

No single party will take whole Afghanistan...

Or mein payment PKR mein nahi..balkay dollars mein karun ga :yay:

Afghan govt should go for peace deal with Taliban..

and bring peace into the region

i am sure after 1-2 decades.They will become as much patriotic as the rest of Afghan are.

otherwise this is a never ending war.pakistan should do the same in Fata.

Afghan govt should go for peace deal with Taliban..

and bring peace into the region

i am sure after 1-2 decades.They will become as much patriotic as the rest of Afghan are.

otherwise this is a never ending war.pakistan should do the same in Fata.

Without Pakistan's visible help (say tanks arti etc. like last talib take over)they can't control it.

This war will be fought for decades for sure since ANA will have heavy fire power. Taliban can only do 'insurgency', cant take over Afgan in a conventional war. If Taliban getting ready for a conventional war and keep a province, its their end and mistake.

Bhai teri position kya hai? o_O ..
Are you saying that Taliban will not control any part of Afghanistan? They will have zero share in the pie?
Nope! What I meant was that the Taliban (Haqqani/Mullah Omar) wont be sitting on the throne all by themselves which the PA/ISI want. Otherwise their entire decade-long game plan of 'Strategic Depth' would go up in smoke. A coalition government would never allow Pakistan that luxury!

I think post 2014 will be a mixed solution with Taliban being a part of the power-structure...
Bilkul thik! :tup:

Or mein payment PKR mein nahi..balkay dollars mein karun ga :yay:
Ok bhai. Aap ki marzi! Dollar ho ya PKR ho ya Roubles ho!! Paisa, paisa hi hotha hai. :D

If that makes your irrelevant indian heart feels good.

Now, go and learn how "Insurgent Organizations" work.

I don't think taliban will take-over whole Afghanistan..There would be some sort of settlement b/w Americans, Afghans, Talibans, and Pakistan.

Guess who's missing? :smokin:
I think somalia is missing.

I think you are one of those who think that Taliban actually won it, aren't you? Because I just said what is obvious. According to the thread, Taliban will form a government after nato is gone and they call it a victory
:rofl:

Lol man. Im just waiting for the day nato is gone, I'm kind of afraid what will happen to you guys!!

Nope! What I meant was that the Taliban (Haqqani/Mullah Omar) wont be sitting on the throne all by themselves which the PA/ISI want. Otherwise their entire decade-long game plan of 'Strategic Depth' would go up in smoke. A coalition government would never allow Pakistan that luxury!

Oh chawlain na mara kr hunter :lol:

ISI/Pakistan Military Establishment won't want to give Taliban absolute power in Afghanistan...also, this concept of "strategic depth" is not there to begin with.

Why would a nuclear-armed nation need any "strategic-depth" against enemy? :disagree:

ISI just don't want Afghanistan as an indian puppet..and believe me, indians will have no future in Afghanistan ;)

There'd always be more Pakistani influence in Afghanistan than indian one...

Back
Top Bottom