What's new

Taliban aims victory after NATO pullout from Afghanistan: Azimi

It took US, several European countries and Australia 12 years to finish talibans. What did they achieve? I mean just imagine listed strongest armies are involved in this conflict yet failed and is leaving. It shows the Afghan Military has 0% chance of taking control of their country. Some US military bases remaining won't work either since NATO is leaving.

Peace won't work either, Talibans rejected it. Somehow, I have a feeling Pakistan would arm Talibans secretly after NATO's withdrawal. Don't you think?

The Taliban are spectacularly delusional. Do they think the US would quit Afghanistan completely so that the Talibs can take control? It's high time they woke up and smelt the coffee.

The reality is far removed from their wet dreams they've been having since the last decade. The US will leave behind at least one division worth of troops as well as special forces and a training contingent with adequate logistics support and a couple of chopper wings for ground support. These troops would be stationed permanently in Afghanistan.

Then there will be the local warlords notably from the Northern Areas to contend with as well as Iran, Russia, India, China and the CIS Republics who are all eying the lucrative wealth of Afghanistan. Except perhaps for China, all these countries will help the Northern Alliance which is highly anti-Taliban in the event of a Talibani takeover attempt. It's going to be deja vu!

Then there's the Afghan National Army consisting of 200,000 troops divided into six regional Corps, with the 201st in Kabul followed by the 203rd in Gardez, 205th in Kandahar, 207th in Herat, 209th in Mazar-i-Sharif and the 215th in Lashkar Gah.

Let's say even 20% of the ANA defect to the Taliban, there's still 160,000 troops left to convert the Talibani dream into a nightmare.

So, which world are the Taliban living in? Answer: A world of delusion! :cuckoo:

Cheers!

Spot on!!

Sounds like this 2014 withdrawal is more symbolic than substantive..

The Afghanistan War May End by 2024 … Maybe | Global Research

I think somalia is missing.

Well not Somalia exactly but the country missing falls in the similar league. Anyways...

I think you are one of those who think that Taliban actually won it, aren't you? Because I just said what is obvious. According to the thread, Taliban will form a government after nato is gone and they call it a victory
:rofl:

Taliban will definitely win if they "survived" the war till the end..which is obvious to everyone that they will. The amount of punishment inflicted upon Taliban by U.S military machine will render many professional militaries is disarray..but Talibans "survived" that punishment and didn't "disintegrate" ...This is an achievement for any insurgent organization...

All signs are showing that by 2014, Taliban will survive and also, they'll come back to power by some power-sharing agreement... For Taliban, this is victory...Don't wanna listen to me? How about reading Michael Sherreur on this subject? Ex-CIA head of bin laden hunting unit thinks the same...

Lol man. Im just waiting for the day nato is gone, I'm kind of afraid what will happen to you guys!!

I'm more worried about you guys ;)

Well not Somalia exactly but the country missing falls in the similar league. Anyways...
I like Somalia. They keep their sovereignty intact. They have a higher league brother, beyond your imagination though.

Taliban will definitely win if they "survived" the war till the end..which is obvious to everyone that they will. The amount of punishment inflicted upon Taliban by U.S military machine will render many professional militaries is disarray..but Talibans "survived" that punishment and didn't "disintegrate" ...This is an achievement for any insurgent organization...

All signs are showing that by 2014, Taliban will survive and also, they'll come back to power by some power-sharing agreement... For Taliban, this is victory...Don't wanna listen to me? How about reading Michael Sherreur on this subject? Ex-CIA head of bin laden hunting unit thinks the same...
I knew you think that taliban won the war.

The reason they "survived" because they don't fight face to face. They conduct some bomb blasts in civilion areas and then run away again. They run away and hide in caves. Now tell me, the one who hides is the one who survives, isnt it? But some people think that these hidden mard e mujahidin won the war. Lol.
I'm more worried about you guys ;)
Your concern is appericiated. But you know, despite US amd nATO being present, terrorists bomb your country quite frequently. Imagine what will happen when US the defender leaves!

I knew you think that taliban won the war.

That is still to be seen. Wait till 1st Jan, 2015. Situation will become clear within 1st year of withdrawal.

The reason they "survived" because they don't fight face to face.

Bingo! You just told me the definition of an insurgent group.

Your concern is appericiated. But you know, despite US amd nATO being present, terrorists bomb your country quite frequently. Imagine what will happen when US the defender leaves!

There were zero suicide bombings before U.S came ..So we are going towards good, Inshallah

The status-quo of 1990's might return...for Pakistan and for india...if you know what i mean ;)

That is still to be seen. Wait till 1st Jan, 2015. Situation will become clear within 1st year of withdrawal.
Ok. Jaisa aap bolein.

Bingo! You just told me the definition of an insurgent group.
Oh did I? I thought only I knew this secret.:lol:

There were zero suicide bombings before U.S came ..So we are going towards good, Inshallah

The status-quo of 1990's might return...for Pakistan and for india...if you know what i mean ;)
Yeah because you always supported them, hence no attacks before US invasion. But then, much to your displeasure, you had to obey the order of Uncle Sam and start the WoT. The terrorists pi$$ed off and start attacking you after that. So its a simple logic really. Though I am not surprised that you still have trust on terrorists. They are your assets after all. What remains to be seen is whether terrorists have trust on you. So there you go. I have ordered the popcorns. I sincerely wish your well being after 2014. May you live long.

Dear Smuhs,

It is no secret that we have lost many brave troops in fighting terrorism. But the hard work is paying off and the ANSF (Afghan National Security Forces) have independently started leading the securities responsibilities. Al-Qaeda has been toppled, and Afghanistan today continues to head towards a safe and secure future. The changes taking place today were simply unimaginable over a decade ago. The sacrifices made by the U.S and our coalition partners have laid the base for the people of Afghanistan to build upon! We reiterate what Gen Joseph F. Dunford Jr., ISAF Commander, said recently: “While numerous challenges remain, there are some basic facts that highlight the improved security across the country. Today, almost 8 million children are in school, some 40% of which are girls. Under the Taliban, only one million children were in school, almost all of them boys. In 2002, only 9 percent of Afghans had access to basic health care; now 85 percent can reach medical facilities within an hour. Life expectancy is steadily rising. Under the Taliban, there were only 10,000 fixed phone lines, and today there are over 17 million people using cell phones. Daily life for women has also improved as women hold more than 25 percent of the seats in parliament and are represented in small but growing numbers in the army and police. As the traditional fighting season begins, the insurgency will confront a combined ANSF and Afghanistan Local Police (ALP) force of over 350,000 personnel who are in the lead for security in areas containing over 87 percent of Afghanistan’s population. Afghan forces are leading 80 percent of all conventional operations. Very soon, the ANSF will be responsible for security nationwide. They are steadily gaining in confidence, competence, and commitment. I think the Taliban are going to come out of the gate [in the 2013 fighting season] and they are going to run into a brick wall — and that brick wall is not going to be the coalition, it’s going to be the Afghan security forces.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Taliban do not have any political vision neither they have any visible leadership....they have become deadly insurgents , but lack the ability to form and run governament in kabul.......Afghan taliban can be reconciled....but ISI sponsered haqqani network would spoil any such efforts.

Good job ISI !

Back
Top Bottom