What's new

Taj Mahal ranked third among top global landmarks

Hyder and tipu were both defeated by the marathas,but thats nothing to celebrate about as this internacine conflict only played into hands of british who succeeded in divide and conquer.

Talking about maps,though chinese seem to be masters at it.Forging 19th-17th and what not century maps and claiming territory.First look inwards chum.

Maratha, Hyder and Tipu were both different kingdoms at that time. They don't regard each other as part of the same country. But that the other guy are foreigners, no different than the British. One Indian civilization is old, but one India nation is a concept created by British Imperialism.

Also, Maratha defeated Tipu and Hyder. I'm not sure about Hyder, but Maratha never conquered Tipu. But the map shows that Tipu come under Maratha conquest. So the map exaggerate the size of Maratha. Are you a Marati, why get so hang up about Maratha.

Maratha, Hyder and Tipu were both different kingdoms at that time. They don't regard each other as part of the same country. But that the other guy are foreigners, no different than the British. One Indian civilization is old, but one India nation is a concept created by British Imperialism.

Also, Maratha defeated Tipu and Hyder. I'm not sure about Hyder, but Maratha never conquered Tipu. But the map shows that Tipu come under Maratha conquest. So the map exaggerate the size of Maratha. Are you a Marati, why get so hang up about Maratha.

If im not wrong Haider Ali was the father of sultan Tipu..

No idea about the map,map was probably from around 1750s before haider and tipu age,when probably kingdom of mysore paid tribute[chauth] to marathas.I'm not marathi.

No idea about the map,map was probably from around 1750s before haider and tipu age,when probably kingdom of mysore paid tribute[chauth] to marathas.I'm not marathi.

Now you try to rationalize away a bragging map. Nice try. This is the time that you should stop explaining away and admit that Indians create fake map to aggrandize a past that never existed.

hm from lahore whn lahore was part of india..nuff said :rofl: :lol:.....it wa made in india by indians nd wil remain forever keep whining about it...u r not representative of all muslims.......

Go check your map if Lahore is part of India. He mean Lahore in Punjab. Is there any other Lahore? As for claiming that the nation of India exists before British unification, nice try. People in here are educated enough to know that the Indian nation was a British creation. And its continuous existence is a testament of the sun never sets on the British empire.

Now you try to rationalize away a bragging map. Nice try. This is the time that you should stop explaining away and admit that Indians create fake map to aggrandize a past that never existed.

Plz talking about fake maps from a chinese.Ask the world who is master at fake maps.Chinese aggrandizement is astonishing and shameless.We atleast are dealing with maps inside our own country,not claiming other people's territory with fake past maps.Whole world laughs at fake chinese maps.

Plz talking about fake maps from a chinese.Ask the world who is master at fake maps.Chinese aggrandizement is astonishing and shameless.We atleast are dealing with maps inside our own country,not claiming other people's territory with fake past maps.Whole world laughs at fake chinese maps.

You can't even get the map of Indian subcontinent historically correct. It clearly show that India didn't exist prior to British unification of India. Because it tries hard to show that Maratha empire united most of "India", which is historically inaccurate. Maratha empire existed for itself, not for an none existent entity at that time, India.

Cambodia's religious demographic
Religion in Cambodia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buddhism
96.4%

Islam
2.1%

Christianity
1.3%

others
0.3%

where is hinduism's influence in Cambodia? Bragging much. again?

During the 3rd, 4th, and 5th centuries, the Indianized states of Funan and its successor, Chenla, coalesced in present-day Cambodia and southwestern Vietnam. For more than 2,000 years, Cambodia absorbed influences from India, passing them on to other Southeast Asian civilizations that are now Thailand and Laos.

The Indianized kingdom built monumental temples such as Angkor Wat and facilitated the spread of first Hinduism, then Buddhism to much of Southeast Asia.

Various factors contribute to the Cambodian culture including Theravada Buddhism, Hinduism, French colonialism, Angkorian culture, and modern globalization.

Cambodia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read about Angkor Wat.

Angkor Wat is the largest first Hindu, and then Buddhist temple complex and the largest religious monument in the world.

Angkor Wat combines two basic plans of Khmer temple architecture: the temple mountain and the later galleried temple, based on early Dravidian Architecture, with key features such as the Jagati. It is designed to represent Mount Meru, home of the devas in Hindu mythology: within a moat and an outer wall 3.6 kilometres (2.2 mi) long are three rectangular galleries, each raised above the next.

The inner walls of the outer gallery bear a series of large-scale scenes mainly depicting episodes from the Hindu epics the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.

Angkor Wat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There you have it . Now don't bragg about something you don't know.

Its not really comparable to the others because they were true engineering feats in their respective times. Taj is neither the longest nor tallest. Its contemporary structures were actually more advanced from an engineering POV.

It looks like a mosque and rips off Arab and iranic design traits ,- hardly a first.

Man stop trolling. The Taj is about aesthetics & culmination of an architectural style. If you do not get the aesthetic quality then you better quit talking about it.

i know alot more about taj mahal.... Only very lucky couples survive the curse of taj mahal. Almost all couples i know either divorced or dead after visiting taj mahal.... It was supposed to be symbol of love but its symbol of pain and deaths.... 10000 engineers hands were chopped off.... King himself died there in pain and agony. Many deaths taj mahal has witnessed.... My research have shown that its unlucky and couples rarely get away from the curse.... i have evidences.

Man this Taj has cursed you and I guarantee that you will die.

So will I, & so will all those who read this or do not read this. All those who have seen Taj and not seen Taj. Where did that curse go? Damn!

Is it true that the engineers and builds hands were chopped off by shah jahan so they would not build such a beautiful structure again.

That is just a legend. Ignore it. Some people propagate it via guide stories and such.

A bored guide once started to bother ma and my friends at Lahore Fort. He pointed to a structure within a building that was probably three hundred years old and said that this is three thousand year old temple. When I proved that he was wrong, he just said "I did not build it, why would I lie about it". Some people like to hear stories like that and have not the sense to question obvious fake stories.

Just go through this thread and you would find a number of those.

Back
Top Bottom