What's new

Taj Mahal ranked third among top global landmarks

Is it so hard for you to understand what they were saying is that the building is Indian influenced?

I did not refute the structure I said the influence is negligible as a whole on Cambodia

Very good. Buddhism is also an Indian religion . That ... is a very good point. :)

not at all
I think the people of Nepal will debate with you against your point
Regardless. we are talking about Hinduism's 'influence' on Cambodia and I repeat again its is minimal

Buddhism takes over Hinduism as the dominant religion in Cambodia
That is the point
The people call themselves followers of Buddhism NOT Hinduism

you still dont get my point,

Buddhism and Hinduism have made peace in India,which means they exchanged ideas and both sides agreed to make changes in lifestyle.

Thats the eprfect way to make peace.

Nepal,please.

Nepal is a hindu state,they are our own people,we dont need visa to go there.

But we respect their sovereignty.

Influence of hinduism in south east is not minimal but definitive.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

It is irrelevant WHERE it has become a major relegion. The point is that the core philosophy was formed in India. Jews and muslims outnumber christians in Jerusalem, doesn't mean the historic importance of Jerusalem goes down and USA becomes the centre of christianity. That kind of thinking is silly and ignorant.

I am saying Hinduism does not have a major influence in Cambodia
Regardless of your temple and what-nots the people there are not converted into Hindus in large nos

I did not refute the structure I said the influence is negligible as a whole on Cambodia

Angkor Vat is the national flag of Cambodia.

not at all
Regardless. we are talking about Hinduism's 'influence' on Cambodia and I repeat again its is minimal

Nepalese only claim birthplace of Buddha, India city of Bodhgaya is the birthplace of Buddhism.

not at all

Enough evidence has been shown by my other Indian brothers here to show Hinduism's influence on Cambodia. Anyway , even if today there isn't too much influence , evidence clearly suggest there was a lot of it in the ancient and medieval periods.

Also, the debate between Indians and Nepalis is about where was Buddha born . Buddhism was born in India. There is no debate about that.

I am saying Hinduism does not have a major influence in Cambodia
Regardless of your temple and what-nots the people there are not converted into Hindus in large nos

Cambodian Reamker is based on Hindu epic Ramayana. The dance of story telling is pretty similar to the Indian ways of story telling through dances.

I did not refute the structure I said the influence is negligible as a whole on Cambodia.

No one said otherwise to begin with. It was you who turned into that. I guess that is the topic because of you and others now.

Statistics to prove Angkor Vat as Hindu temple. :cheesy:

So you have doubt too
Staitstics is irrelevant in this application of what you said but statistics on the religious demographics is relevant

No one said otherwise to begin with. It was you who turned into that. I guess that is the topic because of you and others now.

go and get a run down of the postings and see the people who exaggerated the influence of hindusm on Cambodia
I said what is the fuss of mentioning the 'influence" of hinduism in cambodia when it is so minimal
Still you people do not seem to put the case at rest that HINDUISM'S INFLUENCE IN CAMBODIA IS NEGLIGIBLE!

So you have doubt too
Staitstics is irrelevant in this application of what you said but statistics on the religious demographics is relevant

You were telling us that Angkor Vat temple has no Hindu culture influence or Shaolin temple was not founded by the Indian monk.

Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism are heavily influenced by Hinduism. All the four religions have assimilated in India and have become a part of what i called 'united religions of India' (we can include Indian Christians too to the list). Its not surprising to see people from these religions celebrating each other's festival or worshiping each other's deity as their own. This is very much similar to integration of Hinduism and Christianity in Mauritius where major religion is Hinduism followed by Christianity.

Buddhism takes over Hinduism as the dominant religion in Cambodia
That is the point
The people call themselves followers of Buddhism NOT Hinduism

It doesn't matter Buddhism or Hinduism, we are interested as long it is Indian influence.

you still dont get my point,

Buddhism and Hinduism have made peace in India,which means they exchanged ideas and both sides agreed to make changes in lifestyle.

Thats the eprfect way to make peace.

Nepal,please.

Nepal is a hindu state,they are our own people,we dont need visa to go there.

But we respect their sovereignty.

Influence of hinduism in south east is not minimal but definitive.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

you people has no idea of what you are talking
if hinduism is what you call definitive and not minimal then the Buddhism believers will bukd themselves Hindu temple not Buddhist temples
Buddhism remains the dominant religion in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka ...

It doesn't matter Buddhism or Hinduism, we are interested as long it is Indian influence.

backing down your arguments!
then how much of indian's influence in Cambodia?

You were telling us that Angkor Vat temple has no Hindu culture influence or Shaolin temple was not founded by the Indian monk.

I said the influence is insignificant! Not Shaolin Temple here because it is not the subject

not at all

It very much is. The man was born into Hindu society, went against Hindu rigid structure, etc. He was born in the heartland of Indic culture.

And though Jainism and Buddhism aren't big in numbers today. They have heavily influenced Hinduism and Indian society through out history.

And before India was this >>>>

shiva.jpg

6886305793_c94ef76d9d_z.jpg

3731118876_e02e301b0d.jpg

2384513459_6f85ebb894_b.jpg

It was this >>>>>>>

4hXW50H.jpg

PZ2ufRJ.jpg

oMBtG84.jpg

1zi9Z3i.jpg

Much of India and the elite class were worshiping Buddha.

***The wheel of law, papal tree, stupa, etc, etc. represent the Buddha in ancient India.

Back
Top Bottom