What's new

Taiwan fisherman shot dead by Filipino military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poaching and tresspassing aren't punishable by death. Also, the attempt to ram is a claim and hasn't been established by fact

The BFAR boat was twice as long (and many more times as massive) as the unarmed boat that was allegedly trying to ram it. Again, the idea that an unarmed boat was trying to ram a much larger, armed boat hasn't been established as fact yet

Also, it fishy from PN account of story that an unarmed vessel after being warn with warning shot will still continue the action of ramming..... I didn't know the captain of the ship is so bravado that he will continue ignore warning shot despite not armed with any weapon and continue the action of ramming and armed patrol ship without consider the chances of getting shot by patrol boat??? Who in the right mind being unarmed will try provoke an armed ship?

If he is so bravado, he couldn't be being chased and trying to escape from the violent response for more than an hour by the patrol boat?

The only conclusion is the PN account of the whole incident is cooked up and PN is the aggessor in this whole saga.

Frankly, Pinoy boys are stupid in using guns to provoke Chinese. Chinese will wait a proper excuse to nail you down to the floor. Don't you know that China has required that you withdraw from 8 SCS islands you are occupying? If China gives you a punch, Uncle Sam won't be there for you, fool!

Palace: Ramming of Taiwan boat an ‘aggressive act’
Friday, May 10, 2013

MANILA (Updated) -- Malacañang defended Friday the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) against "aggressive act" of a Taiwanese fishing boat where a fisherman was killed off West Philippine Sea last Thursday.

Quoting an initial report reaching the Palace, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the PCG personnel on board the vessel of the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) merely reacted on the attempt of one of the four Taiwanese fishing boats to ram on the Philippine’s ship.

The Filipino Maritime Control Surveillance 3001 vessel spotted four Taiwanese fishing vessels about 43 nautical miles east of Balintang Island, which is well within the Philippines’ 200-mile economic zone, around 10:30 a.m. Thursday while on law enforcement patrol.

"When they (PCG personnel) tried to board one of the fishing boats, one of the (Taiwanese) vessels rammed the BFAR vessel that was being manned by the Coast Guard. So a warning shot was fired, but the vessels reportedly did not stop in the attempt to continuously ram the BFAR vessel and another shot was fired on the machinery portion of the ship," Valte said.

The PCG admitted that a Taiwanese fisherman was killed in the incident.

"It was an aggressive act. The ramming of the boat into our vessel was certainly an aggressive act, so the PCG responded accordingly," she said.

Coast Guard commandant Rear Admiral Rodoldo Isorena said all the Coast Guard personnel and the two BFAR personnel aboard the Filipino vessel have been relieved of their duties pending the investigation.

This is to ensure a "transparent and impartial" probe, he said.

"We assure a transparent and impartial investigation and this is also the assurance that we are giving to the Taiwanese government," he said.

Taiwan reportedly sought for a public apology from the Philippine government and demanded compensation for the losses.

A report on Taiwan's Central News Agency (CNA) quoted President Ma Ying-jeou who instructed the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs to demand that the Philippine government investigate the incident and provide proper compensation to the family of the 65-year-old victim, identified as Hung Shih-cheng.

He also demanded an apology from the Philippine government, and for it "to solve the case and arrest the culprit."

The CNA report said that there have been incidents in the past when Taiwanese fishermen were arrested and detained while they were fishing in the contested area, but there have been rarely reports of shooting.

Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has already conveyed its concern to Philippine Representative to Taipei Carlo Aquino.

Valte said the Palace would wait first for the result of the investigation that Isorena had ordered before coming out with any action on Taiwan's demand.

In a separate report on Xinhua, the Chinese government called the shooting of the Taiwanese fishermen by the Coast Guard "barbaric."

China considers Taiwan a province and under its jurisdiction based on the One China Policy.

The incident, which happened in the contested areas claimed by the Philippines, China and Taiwan, is feared to further raise tensions in a region clouded by territorial and maritime issues because of overlapping claims.

Aside from the three countries, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam are also claimant to the resource-rich region where around $5 trillion worth of global trade passes. (SDR/CVB/VR/Sunnex)

Malacanang defends Philippine Coast Guard on Taiwan boat's

So according to this it wasn't just an attempt to ram, but they had already rammed the ship and were trying again? Then physical evidence shouldn't be an issue...

Found this: EEZ of Taiwan

images

Marine Regions

I pity your parents, their child has a perverted morality. It is not ethical to make fun of or make jokes of people with mental illness. Do you not have any morality left in you? You want to insult me, fine, but leave those who suffer mental illness alone. They do not deserve any more aggravations, they are already dealing with many challenges.

You on the other hand, continue to evade the most pressing concern, that is your island are slowing being taken away from you right before your very eyes and yet you do nothing. Soon the Chinese will be all over Palawan and Kalayan islands. All talk but no action, but that of course is a a culture thing from you. Even Dwight Eisenhower said so, Pinoys all talk but no action and he said that right before he left Manila in disgust.

Huh wow you trolls drag everything to your trolling so tell ca one build a modern navy in 2 years i though you were some admiral in US Navy you should know that how long does it to make a new ship? see your an idiot you so called rply post is just b.s i find it funny Admiral general go back and play a first person shooter you chinese admiral wanna be hahahahaha

Found this:

The crew of MCS 3001 in the past have rescued this so called "tresspasser" when in danger.

Coast Guard helps rescue Chinese, British yachtmen
Uploaded on 4:18PM Jun 5

640_ZZZ_060512_2_b.jpg

Chinese Embassy personnel (right) welcome the nine Chinese and two British nationals whose yacht sank near Itbayat, Batanes as they disembark from the BRP Nueva Vizcaya in Manila on Tuesday. They were rescued by a passing cargo vessel.

Coast Guard helps rescue Chinese, British yachtmen | GMA News Online

Huh wow you trolls drag everything to your trolling so tell ca one build a modern navy in 2 years i though you were some admiral in US Navy you should know that how long does it to make a new ship? see your an idiot you so called rply post is just b.s i find it funny Admiral general go back and play a first person shooter you chinese admiral wanna be hahahahaha

Again you evade the pressing concerns. The Chinese are taking the Ayungin islands and yet you sit by idly. Next it will be Batanes and Palawan. So sit back and watch your country slowly shrink. All talk no action and happening right before your eyes.

U shoot at our unarmed people too,dirty nation like u have no right to accuse the others

it was a warning flare not a string of 32-round of shooting at the intruding vietcong fishermen

Again you evade the pressing concerns. The Chinese are taking the Ayungin islands and yet you sit by idly. Next it will be Batanes and Palawan. So sit back and watch your country slowly shrink. All talk no action and happening right before your eyes.

So your idea of helping is trolling :blah: that makes prefect sense :omghaha: and other thing for you would your trolling stop it? would help build up my countries defense? I here you said your military man you should know things like this takes time? hahaha that's why your loser! loser i think you should go back play your games on your computer you n000b! real warfare is different from your stupid games it takes time and thinking you cant re-spawn back after your dead you fool take your bag of cheap chips and pig out while playing your games the adults are talking

Poaching and tresspassing aren't punishable by death. Also, the attempt to ram is a claim and hasn't been established by fact

The BFAR boat was twice as long (and many more times as massive) as the unarmed boat that was allegedly trying to ram it. Again, the idea that an unarmed boat was trying to ram a much larger, armed boat hasn't been established as fact yet
hltang hlata k kung sino k b0b0 :omghaha:

loc0hin mo sarili m0 t@nga

The current shitstorm was stirred up by US government, so apparently Americans do not simply sit there watching the locals.
Hate to say it....but as an American, all we have to do in Asia is watch the locals self-destruct. The funny thing is that those who yell "death to America" are often the same who help cement our position as top dog.

On the other hand, I have to say that Philippine probably has the most retarded foreign policy in southeast Asia judging by its recent activities. They could have played the safer weak role as 'being bullied', yet they chose to act recklessly and brutally on a possible ally. This gives China the right to sort out the Filipino bullies and bandits, and Taiwan won't be against this anymore.

Frankly, Pinoy boys are stupid in using guns to provoke Chinese. Chinese will wait a proper excuse to nail you down to the floor. Don't you know that China has required that you withdraw from 8 SCS islands you are occupying? If China gives you a punch, Uncle Sam won't be there for you, fool!
Why are you envy of our 8 islands in SCS? Is it because all you have is piece of rocks/reefs when it's low tide? :omghaha:

MDT still stands though the US will not take sides, that doesn't mean that China is free to destroy our military assets.

On the other hand, I have to say that Philippine probably has the most retarded foreign policy in southeast Asia judging by its recent activities. They could have played the safer weak role as 'being bullied', yet they chose to act recklessly and brutally on a possible ally. This gives China the right to sort out the Filipino bullies and bandits, and Taiwan won't be against this anymore.

Pinoys should have learnt from VN but they didn't, because they thought they are in bed with Obama...

China's Asian enemies think if they do anything against China would be supported by the US. They don't know that even US can not do everything against China...funny

Why are you envy of our 8 islands in SCS? Is it because all you have is piece of rocks/reefs when it's low tide? :omghaha:

MDT still stands though the US will not take sides, that doesn't mean that China is free to destroy our military assets.

Your military assets? So that's why you Pinoy boys are so cocky?

bashichannel-boundary_zps34018415.jpg

If thieves break into my property and after having been warned still persist to steal my belongings then I wont hesitate. I hope Taiwan will understand such a simple logic.

2013-05-10T084859Z_249276494_GM1E95A1AAD01_RTRMADP_3_PHILIPPINES-TAIWAN-SHOOTING.JPG

Anyway Taiwan must also explain why their fishermen are fishing in Philippine waters before they demand an apology and compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom