What's new

Taiwan Armed Forces

The Foundation of the present day Taiwan Army is actually the over 50,000 active units of the Japanese Army in Taiwan (all Taiwanese) who were trained in the Imperial Army. In fact, after the KMT took over Taiwan in 1945, the some 50,000 Imperial Army troops in Taiwan joined what was then the ROC Army.
There were about 60,000 army troops retreat to Taiwan around 1945-1950 plus other more than 60,000 civilians total is 120000. The foundation is KMT army actually. Maid will never replace the lady to be the protagonist.

There is always a convengence for historic track (political, militarily, economic) if you know Chinese history.

@jkroo ,

Let me also say that prior to Japan's surrender in 1945, there was an estimated 50,000 active troops of the Imperial Army -- Taiwanese Volunteer Force. Plus a reserve force that exceeded 150,000. The KMT did not take Taiwan until the Japanese Empire surrendered to the Allied Powers, it was then and only then that the Imperial Army Command in Taiwan surrendered to the KMT.

Had the KMT tried to invade Taiwan prior to Japan's invasion ? The KMT would have been decimated, in my honest opinion. In fact, many Taiwanese Volunteers served in Japan's elite Imperial Guards Divisions. Taiwanese volunteers in the Imperial Army led the Japanese invasion of Singapore. There were also Taiwanese who served in the Japanese 14th, and 13th Area Imperial Army that led the invasion of the Philippines and the taking of Corregidor.

So? My point is Taiwanese are no joke. They know how to fight. And Brutally at that.

There were about 60,000 army troops retreat to Taiwan around 1945-1950 plus other more than 60,000 civilians total is 120000. The foundation is KMT army actually. Maid will never replace the lady to be the protagonist.

My friend, you think that the KMT's 60,000 troops would have been able to overwhelm the Imperial Army -- Takasago Volunteer Force of 50,000 + 150,000 reserves?

Considering the KMT's inability to even win major conflicts with the Imperial Army in the China Theater, I really doubt that.

A fight between the ROC Armed Forces and the PLA would be utterly destructive. We even estimate that to effectively take Taiwan (and control) would require an invasion force of 500,000. The island is so well defended and protected that it would be a costly military expedition for the PLA, which would expose her military regions to deficiency.

Tacitly, it would be best for a peaceful reunion. An armed conflict would be too costly and it may be used as a Litmus Test for other regional powers to intervene , which I think would be to the detriment of China' interests.

What you firstly said is the military counter measures and yes that will be well prepared but not for Taiwan. Peaceful reunion will be expected. Decades ago, Taiwan can't be independent and don't mention today. We all can see the culture, economy, political and even military integrate in near future. Not too long.

Last edited:
What you firstly said is the military counter measures and yes that will be well prepared but not for Taiwan. Peaceful reunion will be expected. Decades ago, Taiwan can't be independent and don't mention today. We can all see the culture, economy, political and even military integrate in near future. Not too long.

Sure buddy, and I hope that the two states can unify peacefully. Peaceful reunification is best, there will be no collateral damage.

What you firstly said is the military counter measures and yes that will be well prepared but not for Taiwan.

Listen buddy, even according to JSDF --- we estimate that to take Taiwan , it would require 500,000 (50 divisions). In order to launch such a force requires a massive navy to wipe out the Taiwanese Navy, which is already a force to be reckoned with. It would be , currently speaking, impossible to invade Taiwan with a force of 50 divisions and expect to repel any intervention from other significant powers (US + her allies). Thus , a conservative estimate would require the PLA to ready 1 million troops for such a military operation.

To do so would expose many military regions.

These are military tactical scenarios to consider.

cool pics.. DESERT FIGHTER approves .. :lol:

hhhh.jpg

Let me also say that prior to Japan's surrender in 1945, there was an estimated 50,000 active troops of the Imperial Army -- Taiwanese Volunteer Force. Plus a reserve force that exceeded 150,000. The KMT did not take Taiwan until the Japanese Empire surrendered to the Allied Powers, it was then and only then that the Imperial Army Command in Taiwan surrendered to the KMT.

Had the KMT tried to invade Taiwan prior to Japan's invasion ? The KMT would have been decimated, in my honest opinion. In fact, many Taiwanese Volunteers served in Japan's elite Imperial Guards Divisions. Taiwanese volunteers in the Imperial Army led the Japanese invasion of Singapore. There were also Taiwanese who served in the Japanese 14th, and 13th Area Imperial Army that led the invasion of the Philippines and the taking of Corregidor.

So? My point is Taiwanese are no joke. They know how to fight. And Brutally at that.

After Japanese surrender only Chinese and a few Japanese left. Those militants are integrated to KMT's army. That's the truth. KMT don't invade Taiwan because Taiwan is ROC's territory. It seems that you have an ill logic here. Don't be childish.

I admit that our brother look cool and competent, yes AGAIN. So, your point is to provoke Taiwanese to fight their big brother? :D:D:D

My friend, you think that the KMT's 60,000 troops would have been able to overwhelm the Imperial Army -- Takasago Volunteer Force of 50,000 + 150,000 reserves?

Considering the KMT's inability to even win major conflicts with the Imperial Army in the China Theater, I really doubt that.

History is history. Do you want to fight again?:D:D:D That's why I said talk too much is useless and I don't think you have this kind of energy now, brother is brother. We will finnally stand side by side when risk occurs.

M-60s? is that the workhorse of Taiwanese army?

Yes, they are still using M-60s, and they have over 450 of those plus reserves as their MBTs. Given that they are most likely a defensive force, having these as defensive units to launch against any invading enemy is practical. Plus, the Taiwanese have thousands of anti tank units that are secured throughout her military commands around the island. A tank-force by the enemy is impossible to be launched until the enemy can clear out the Taiwanese Army. Such an invasion force requires at least 500,000.

The same number the US + allies amassed to invade Iraq.......

After Japanese surrender only Chinese and a few Japanese left. Those militants are integrated to KMT's army. That's the truth. KMT don't invade Taiwan because Taiwan is ROC's territory. It seems that you have an ill logic here. Don't be childish.

I admit that our brother look cool and competent, yes AGAIN. So, your point is to provoke Taiwanese to fight their big brother? :D:D:D

1. When Japan surrendered, the 50,000 strong Taiwanese Volunteer Force immediately integrated with the KMT's Army (about 60,000).

2. If you actually have the chance to study in the Taiwanese Military Academy, the tactics and doctrines they have are identical to that of the Imperial Japanese Army's (JGSDF's). In fact, the basis of the Taiwanese Military is from the old Imperial Japanese Military Doctrine that was established in Taiwan.

3. After the KMT fused with the Imperial Japanese Army Forces in Taiwan , it led to a vital restructuring of the Taiwanese Armed Forces. Ideologically speaking Taiwan is KMT. Militarily speaking, they have kept the doctrines, and old army traditions of the Imperial Army. The Taiwanese Army even use the old Bayonet Exercises that the Imperial Army used to train our soldiers. LOL!

4. Taiwanese Soldiers are not just cook looking, but they are brutally effective and competent. Even to this day ROC and JSDF have contacts and they regularly invite us (as we regularly invite their officers to our army events) to their events.

History is history. Do you want to fight again?:D:D:D That's why I said talk too much is useless and I don't think you have this kind of energy now, brother is brother. We will finnally stand side by side when risk occurs.

I'm talking about Taiwan , not Japan. This thread is about Taiwan.

Sure buddy, and I hope that the two states can unify peacefully. Peaceful reunification is best, there will be no collateral damage.

Listen buddy, even according to JSDF --- we estimate that to take Taiwan , it would require 500,000 (50 divisions). In order to launch such a force requires a massive navy to wipe out the Taiwanese Navy, which is already a force to be reckoned with. It would be , currently speaking, impossible to invade Taiwan with a force of 50 divisions and expect to repel any intervention from other significant powers (US + her allies). Thus , a conservative estimate would require the PLA to ready 1 million troops for such a military operation.

To do so would expose many military regions.

These are military tactical scenarios to consider.

China has too many counter measures in military area. Military measures is not the priority for our reuniting. That's the strategy.

If there are military tactical scenarios, it means Taiwan is not so important thus we will not sacrifice our PLA soldiers and the mass damage will apear. This kind of scenarios is useless for the current situations. So as I said, the estimate of the scenarios is stupid.

China has too many counter measures in military area. Military measures is not the priority for our reuniting. That's the strategy.

If there are military tactical scenarios, it means Taiwan is not so important thus we will not sacrifice our PLA soldiers and the mass damage will apear. This kind of scenarios is useless for the current situations. So as I said, the estimate of the scenarios is stupid.

Precisely what I said ; that it is impossible to militarily take Taiwan. Listen, even the KMT didn't 'militarily' take Taiwan. Japan surrendered Taiwan to them, lol. Even the Americans didn't take Taiwan in WWII, rather, they bypassed Taiwan. LOL.

There's a reason why they bypassed the heavily defended and heavily populated Taiwan. Americans bled just to take the small island of Okinawa and Iwo Jima. Imagine had they tried to invade Taiwan (then , population of 5 million) ?

Taiwan has never been 'military taken' in modern times. The only way China can take Taiwan is through soft power , through gradual integration processes. It will be less bloody, sure it will take time, but it will be less blood that way.

I should conclude here for not produce misunderstandings.

1. Our brothers is cool and competent enough.

2. China's strategy to reunite is peaceful and a win-win one. Military measures is never top priority.

3. China will stand with Taiwan if there are risks occurs.

4. China's development of military capability is not for our brother Taiwan.

5. Mainland China and Taiwan should unite together to fight for our future.

OK.

I wonder how many days they can survive without electricity, food and fresh water.

All those facilities include power plants , drinking water facilities, highway, seaports, airports will be gone in first hour.

I should conclude here for not produce misunderstandings.

2. China's strategy to reunite is peaceful and a win-win one. Military measures is never top priority.

3. China will stand with Taiwan if there are risks occurs.

4. China's development of military capability is not for our brother Taiwan.

5. Mainland China and Taiwan should unite together to fight for our future.

OK.

Sei goh bat ping faan dik siu nin !

:D:D

四个不平凡的少年

I wonder how many days they can survive without electricity, food and fresh water.

All those facilities include power plants , drinking water facilities, highway, seaports, airports will be gone in first hour.

You understand that the Taiwanese Air Force is one of the largest in the region, right ? The Taiwanese Air Space is multilayered in defense. It literally is nearly impossible to get into Taiwan without the ROCAF sending in a squadron or two.

Like i said time and time again; it is impossible to take Taiwan by force. Impossible.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom