What's new

TAI and Saab to design Turkey’s indigenous fighter

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor ?
I'm sure there are more jets that are made without foreign help...
:disagree:
Various parts in avionics of F-22 are imported from Italy and Japan although not officially said.
In addition to that, great number of Engineers and Designers in Lockheed are of german or other foreign origin. Which makes it indirect foreign help.

But try again, maybe this time you will name a fighter of "YOUR" nation huh?

When I read the article, I clearly see the psychological attack to demoralize us. This perception, unfortunately, created "You turk can`t do a good job, even if you do it will be junk so and so forth". Even in our media this perception is carried out "Turk isi". Although our nation was so successful in the history (turks many times ruled their regions and the world), so I cannot understand this effort to create "Inferiority complex".
And why this is a big deal now :D From my point of view it's just misplaced skepticism. I would share the same feelings but it's exactly why we have hired SAAB's assistance to compensate for our lack of experience in this field. Nobody gives a phuck about what public thinks, don't be such a drama queen :D End result is what matters and you and i both know Turkish Air Force won't spend a penny on an inferior platform.

I can say this with %90 certainty that TFX will fly with twin TEI built GE F110 engines. I also expect it to carry an AN/APG 81 AESA radar, AN/AAQ-37 F-35 Distributed Aperture System and the Integrated Helmet and Display Sight System (IHADSS). Aselsan will take of the rest of the avionics(glass cockpit, fly-by-wire and fire controls). They may even replace some of the American subsystems I've mentioned with indigenous solutions but right now I can say that the most complex parts have already been taken care of.

For now, the only challenge is the design and development of a new stealth airframe. TAI is already producing the mid section of the F35 airframe so I have full confidence in them to carry out this project. I also trust SAAB's capability to provide all the assistance we need since they have a great track record going back to J35 Draken.

:disagree:
Various parts in avionics of F-22 are imported from Italy and Japan although not officially said.
In addition to that, great number of Engineers and Designers in Lockheed are of german or other foreign origin. Which makes it indirect foreign help.

But try again, maybe this time you will name a fighter of "YOUR" nation huh?
lol, I'm talking about design not parts... Turkey is asking Sweden for help with design.... plus no foreign engineer can work for Lockheed martin without giving up their citizenship of their native country, its called top security clearance...

Design? What design? Did we finally got a concept? If yes please post the picture here fellas.

And why this is a big deal now :D From my point of view it's just misplaced skepticism. I would share the same feelings but it's exactly why we have hired SAAB's assistance to compensate for our lack of experience in this field. Nobody gives a phuck about what public thinks, don't be such a drama queen :D End result is what matters and you and i both know Turkish Air Force won't spend a penny on an inferior platform.

I can say this with %90 certainty that TFX will fly with twin TEI built GE F110 engines. I also expect it to carry an AN/APG 81 AESA radar, AN/AAQ-37 F-35 Distributed Aperture System and the Integrated Helmet and Display Sight System (IHADSS). Aselsan will take of the rest of the avionics(glass cockpit, fly-by-wire and fire controls). They may even replace some of the American subsystems I've mentioned with indigenous solutions but right now I can say that the most complex parts have already been taken care of.

For now, the only challenge is the design and development of a new stealth airframe. TAI is already producing the mid section of the F35 airframe so I have full confidence in them to carry out this project. I also trust SAAB's capability to provide all the assistance we need since they have a great track record going back to J35 Draken.

I agree many things you said. What I tried to say was that this kind of news is not only skepticism, just saying! In the past, we were not able to make a missile or a tank or battleship. But today, we proudly announce that we make awesome weapons. Yes we are lack of some technologies but those are not unreachable. And I believe when the project is done, we will have a very nice aircraft!

If we dont get the best of the best,why we trying?
So be asured that we will get the best of the best(at least equal to whats the best at that time).

lol, I'm talking about design not parts... Turkey is asking Sweden for help with design.... plus no foreign engineer can work for Lockheed martin without giving up their citizenship of their native country, its called top security clearance...

whats the difference?

Indian TEJA aka LCA

I am guessing that irony right? :)

I also expect it to carry an AN/APG 81 AESA radar

I hope not, The whole idea of the TF-X is to be less dependent on the US. Personnaly we should look into working together with the S.Koreans in this Area.

They recently revealed there AESA radar.
img29571.jpg

Regards.

Aselsan did also work on an indigenous ASEA Radar, it will be ready in 2015 and undergo Test on F-16C/D Block30 with indigenous Mission Computer.

Project aims to upgrade all of Turkish Air Force (TurAF) F-16s with indigenous mission computers, software and avionics in order to pave the way for the installation of an Aselsan-developed AESA radar by 2015.
Hardware for the avionics upgrade will be exclusively manufactured by Aselsan, while TAI will tackle the development of millions of lines of highly specialized software. Upgrades will be performed by the same team that performed C-130 modernization and software team mostly consists of experienced engineers who have worked on the Anka UAV development program. Upgraded aircraft will look somewhat similar to existing Peace Onyx exterior configurations, except with specific EW-E/O sensor additions and pylons capable of launching ’Made in Turkey’ guided munitions.

WORLD DEFENCE: Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) To Develop New Indigenous Modernization Kits and Mission Computers For F-16s

I am guessing that irony right? :)
That was good ol' sarcasm, which I LOVE. Nah kidding, I don't like things. I just slightly less dislike some.
I hope not, The whole idea of the TF-X is to be less dependent on the US. Personnaly we should look into working together with the S.Koreans in this Area.
I don't think there'll be another foreign supplier for AESA radar equipment. Aselsan's coming up on radar technologies, they have a facility dedicated for radar researches and a few hundreds of engineers working their arses off as we speak. But if we were to develop and produce an aircraft right now, we could just standardize APG 81. We have almost every subsystem ready at our disposal.

TAI and SAAB can just start designing with what we already have, and we can replace the foreign subsystems with domestic ones as they become available.

Back
Top Bottom