What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Turkey plan to give 3 T625 helicopter with local engine to Jandarma in 2021

I thought the engine is still a prototype and serial production of TS1400 would start in 2024 and the engine doesn't have an EASA certificate. Are you sure TAI is intended to actually deliever fully operational T625 with EU certified local engine in 2021?

first, afaik , TAI didnt say what engine they will use , they said 3 chopper construction for gendarmerie will start in this year

second, military applications doesnt seek EU certificate, certificate will be ok in 2024(est)

I thought the engine is still a prototype and serial production of TS1400 would start in 2024 and the engine doesn't have an EASA certificate. Are you sure TAI is intended to actually deliever fully operational T625 with EU certified local engine in 2021?
Tai president said it. he also said they gave the engine to be tested on Gokbey. probably it will be first tested on it to make sure it can be exported.. Turkey take export quality very serious, as if it fail it might influence badly other future projects..

Could the new engine be used on the ATAK heli or only on transport helis?

Today TEI president said that they produce one engine after every 2 month, but they gave the engine to TAI to integrate to T625, which is very hard job and might take some months or a year(he gave example that it took 1 year to integrate PD170 to ANKA) and said at the same time they will test the engine several times to make sure that it is safe and pass the certificate, once it pass the certificate, then they can call it mass production. he said they think they will start mass production in 2024

Gotta say that T629's wings look absolutely disgusting, tho outer look isn't important for war machines. I hope there's a spesific reason for that shape to increase chopper's overall strenght, if not then those wings make it ugly af.

Gotta say that T629's wings look absolutely disgusting, tho outer look isn't important for war machines. I hope there's a spesific reason for that shape to increase chopper's overall strenght, if not then those wings make it ugly af.

Wings could be related aerodynamics. They are looks like aircraft wings. For a this class helicopters speed is a important thing. Ah-1z is the direct rival of this helicopter in the market. And it's the fastest one in the market. He have 300 km/h speed , t-129 atak 278 km/h. Yes ah-1z engines bigger than t-629 but our t-629 more lighter than him. Maybe they can be designed more faster than ah-1z.

İf we are break a wings a side flir position is bad for me. Why not they are dont locate flir down an 200 on de body. İf him updated and mildar lite will locate in the rotor upside it would be best attack heli in the his class.

so ATAK II is now called officially T629?

I thought the T meant transport but its a attack helicopter

Back
Top Bottom