What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

T-129 A has no chance in the poland tender as we are trying to sell them a helicopter that as of now only fires dumb missiles. They need a helicopter that can take out russian tanks effectively

I imagine that they will send over the T-129 B model over to poland asap

T129B teslimatları başlıyor!

Last edited:
T-129 A has no chance in the poland tender as we are trying to sell them a helicopter that as of now only fires dumb missiles. They need a helicopter that can take out russia tanks effectively

Personally I don't think any T-129 variants has any chance.. TAI has for one.. teamed up with a Polish small arms company and Polish army are heavily favouring AH-64. T-129 does not compare well to AH-64 in the Anti-Tank role, and well.. Poland is arming up to counter Russia..

Personally I don't think any T-129 variants has any chance.. TAI has for one.. teamed up with a Polish small arms company and Polish army are heavily favouring AH-64. T-129 does not compare well to AH-64 in the Anti-Tank role, and well.. Poland is arming up to counter Russia..

I hope hour next ATAK will be like a AH-64 with a 30mm Gun.

Poland needs too a Attack Helicopter that can fires AA like Sidewinder from a AH-Z1.

AH-1Z_cvrShot_mrgd.jpg

But i think that a solution like AH-64 instead of Threat like Russia more suitable for the requirements of Poland.

But the next versions like T-129B will be too a option for Poland furthermore it can too fullfill the Anti-Tank Role.

But TAI´s Product is new and not really tested or proven itself against Tanks instead of this is AH-64 a Veteran.

The Last Words will set the Politics and those are nowadays very creepy.

Last edited:
T-129 A has no chance in the poland tender as we are trying to sell them a helicopter that as of now only fires dumb missiles. They need a helicopter that can take out russia tanks effectively

I think the real problem is that Poland wants the backing of a large power or union. That leaves only the Apache and Tiger. Sadly, it's not merely about quality and cost when it comes to military equipment transactions.

Last edited:
"Milimetre Dalga Radarı (MİLDAR) ile T129B Helikopteri yer ve hava hedeflerinin tespiti, takibi ve güvenli seyir etme imkanına da kavuşacak."

Does it means, T129B comes with the LongBow type Mildar radar? this will lead T129B to have the first export to Poland, if they could prove the effectiveness of it in the test..

"Milimetre Dalga Radarı (MİLDAR) ile T129B Helikopteri yer ve hava hedeflerinin tespiti, takibi ve güvenli seyir etme imkanına da kavuşacak."

Does it means, T129B comes with the LongBow type Mildar radar? this will lead T129B to have the first export to Poland, if they could prove the effectiveness of it in the test..
MILDAR will be attached on weapon pylons, on the nose section new Aselsan lightweigt FLIR will be installed

Somebody can tell us the place of MILDAR will be in left pylon or right ? is there any difference ? why not on top o_O

I believe Cabatli explained it , the Special Rotors are designed for quite Operation. Maybe that could be the reason. There is also a Video of Meteksan which Show the MILDAR under the Pylon.

T-129 will be cheaper for Poland to operate and they can purchase more of them because the price is lower than the apache other than that I don't see advantages for poland. I don't know much about what type of threat they are seriously preparing for exactly, Russia ok but would Russia actually invade Poland? No. And if they did America would show up with Apaches any way so if we look at it from this perspective T-129 has a chance. Why spend a ton of money acquiring and then maintaining an expensive helicopter like the apache when you can get the cheaper T-129 that can also hold off a Russian attack if it were to occur?

Probably Turkish companies will offer tech transfer and local production.

T-129 will be cheaper for Poland to operate and they can purchase more of them because the price is lower than the apache other than that I don't see advantages for poland. I don't know much about what type of threat they are seriously preparing for exactly, Russia ok but would Russia actually invade Poland? No. And if they did America would show up with Apaches any way so if we look at it from this perspective T-129 has a chance. Why spend a ton of money acquiring and then maintaining an expensive helicopter like the apache when you can get the cheaper T-129 that can also hold off a Russian attack if it were to occur?

Probably Turkish companies will offer tech transfer and local production.

Nah, they'll go for AH-64.
Gearing up against Russia, sending a nice political message etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom