What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Just curious about that French article if it holds any water.

Last edited:
T629 Design changed.

I think they listened to me.

41313.jpg

T629 Design changed.

I think they listened to me.

View attachment 736115
I don't like the baby chicken / duckling wings.

Indeed ... well done!

But maybe you can tell them a bit more about design changes for this one. Found at the SecretProjectsForum. I know, attack helicopters don't need to be elegant or even aesthetically pleasant, but this one is IMO :fie:

View attachment 736367
I wonder how much of those changes have to do with the Ukrainian VK2500?

I have bad news for friends who read their knowledge when I said that the T129 Engine problem was not caused by a problem between us, the engine export licenses for the Philippines have been approved.
Just shared on CNN TURK by Temel Kotil
He said that the Philippines' orders will start production soon.

@mjting01

I have bad news for friends who read their knowledge when I said that the T129 Engine problem was not caused by a problem between us, the engine export licenses for the Philippines have been approved.

@mjting01

Thank you very much, my friend. I did not even ask for this. Thank you so much!

What about our Pakistan friends?

Afghanistan and Americans exit from it is key, if Pakistan play sensibly then can have engines approval or usa can offer its alternative..

this is the right time, once Americans are gone we will get nothing in future from usa

"They gave up on the USA! will buy from Turkey Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) General Manager Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil that Turkey has recently started the production of the T129 to be exported to the Philippines announced.
After allowing the US has indicated will be exported to Turkey, the Philippines T129 ATAK helicopter. Turkish Aviation and Space Industry (TAI) General Manager Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil made statements on the subject. Kotil emphasized that the serial production of the ATAK helicopter continues, and made important statements regarding the export of the helicopter. TUSAŞ General Manager Kotil stated that permission has been obtained from the USA for ATAK exports to the Philippines and that they will start the production of T129s to be exported to the Philippines in the coming months.

Kotil stated that the US has not yet granted permission to export to Pakistan.

In the T129 Attack helicopter, 2 units of 1014 kW LHTEC-CTS800-400A, developed in partnership with Rolls-Royce and Honeywell, were used as the engine. It has been expressed for some time that the engine, developed in partnership with the UK-based Rolls-Royce and the US-based Honeywell, had problems in the supply for export. In 2020, it was reported that the Philippines gave up purchasing ATAK due to the permit problem."

I sincerely hope Pakistan gets export permits too.

@mjting01
Can't wait for the VK2500-powered ATAK-2 :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom