upload_2019-10-29_11-47-1-jpeg.586558

• Gökbey rotor and transmission
  • TS-1400 national turboshaft engine
  • Improved weapon paylod
  • Hiden ammo storage
  • New generation avionics
  • Advanced EW suit
  • New place under the fuselage for indigenous 20mm gatling gun
Rotor Mounted Mwm radar and wing weapon stations for stinger ?

I think that is what the specs are going to be right, does that mean we'll have atak that are 100% homegrown without any parts outside Turkey ?

Rotor Mounted Mwm radar and wing weapon stations for stinger ?

Indeed they will have their place on new heli bro. T-129 has reached its limits so integrating more paylods like MMW radar became a headache so T-629 will be more deadly in all aspect.

I think that is what the specs are going to be right, does that mean we'll have atak that are 100% homegrown without any parts outside Turkey ?

It will be ITAR free attack helicopter that is designed and developed by Turkiye. Some components may be outsourced but None of them won’t affect likely exportation of heli.

Indeed they will have their place on new heli bro. T-129 has reached its limits so integrating more paylods like MMW radar became a headache so T-629 will be more deadly in all aspect.

It will be ITAR free attack helicopter that is designed and developed by Turkiye. Some components may be outsourced but None of them won’t affect likely exportation of heli.

Carrying out implicit (or even directly) embargo/malicious supply chain failures against Turkey, once again led to gain a valuable capability for Turkish aerospace.

Today, there are over 700 projects, most of which are subsystems and micro systems / technologies. As of 2019, the supply-to-domestic ratio reached 70%. The future is ours. The brotherly countries, especially Pakistan, who want to benefit from this accumulation, will certainly have valuable gains. Because the strategic relations framework of the Turkish defense industry is not based on product sales, but on industry integration and capability transfer.

unlikely the whole body structure of the above is not the same as the T-625, from wheels to hinges to the fuselage shape.

I personally expect more a light armed multipurpose helicopter model (maybe like the AW-139 armed)
I agree with you in that the T629 is likely going to be a Wildcat/Lynx-type helicopter, basically serve a role that'll support the ATAK-2 and 10-ton Helicopter. But I do think (separately) that an ITAR-free 6-ton ATAK is coming. At the bare minimum, such a helicopter would fill a niche as a more affordable alternative to the ATAK-2 for export.

ATAK Phase2(B2) first flight, with new avionics. a little bit late but still OK.

interestingly Aselflir300 still on the board they would replace it with CATS, if i am not wrong i see longer wings(probably new equipment makes wings longer). they put Laser Warning Receiver and new EW suit

Back
Top Bottom