What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

That's not how it works, you can't produce an engine just because you have a bunch of .dxf files lol

my guess is that we'll try to use the T700 engines, it's the only logical choice really.
Really ? we are trying to make ITAR free product but you choose an american engine.

yes if they give us blue prints we can make it, we know what is an engine, even tf6000 engine is high tech than anything ukraine has

Really ? we are trying to make ITAR free product but you choose an american engine.

yes if they give us blue prints we can make it, we know what is an engine, even tf6000 engine is high tech than anything ukraine has
Like it or not, it's the only feasible option.

If this doesn't work we might aswell cancel T929 and focus on T625 - T629 duo

And why would we give a **** about ITAR as it relates to T929 I don't understand. It's not like there's a huge list of customers that want the T929. Pakistan bought Chinese helicopters and Azerbaijan will MAYBE buy 15-20

Last edited:
my guess is that we'll try to use the T700 engines, it's the only logical choice really.
In next 10 years, yes. I agree with you. The TS-3000 turboshaft engine project cannot be started before 10 years. Because the TF-10000 and TF-35000 turbofan engine projects are much more important and urgent projects.

In next 10 years, yes. I agree with you. The TS-3000 turboshaft engine project cannot be started before 10 years. Because the TF-10000 and TF-35000 turbofan engine projects are much more important and urgent projects.

I'm okay with shelving this project for 10 years too. We don't REALLY need an ATAK-2, what we need is a navalised Gökbey, for TCG- Anadolu, for Hisar class patrol boats, for the coast guard, etc. Hopefully I want TF-2000 to be built with twin hangars

T700 would mean a less ridiculously large, a bit lighter T929 though, a bit more sensible.

We don't REALLY need an ATAK-2, what we need is a navalised Gökbey, for TCG- Anadolu, for Hisar class patrol boats, for the coast guard, etc.
I am afraid navalization will not be easy for Gökbey. The entire Gökbey helicopter and its avionics will need to be redesigned from scratch and manufactured with other types of materials, including the TS-1400 with its engine.

On the other hand, I agree with you again, we do not need ATAK-2. But we need a heavy class general purpose helicopter, namely the T-929.

I wonder if the 4 x TS-1400 engine for T-929 would be too ridiculous? It would seem that it would be easier to design and produce the transmission of a 4-motor system than a 3-motor system.

I am afraid navalization will not be easy for Gökbey. The entire Gökbey helicopter and its avionics will need to be redesigned from scratch and manufactured with other types of materials, including the TS-1400 with its engine.

On the other hand, I agree with you again, we do not need ATAK-2. But we need a heavy class general purpose helicopter, namely the T-929.

I wonder if the 4 x TS-1400 engine for T-929 would be too ridiculous? It would seem that it would be easier to design and produce the transmission of a 4-motor system than a 3-motor system.
One other option is to design another attack helicopter that sits in between the T129 and T929, e.g., in the 7-8-ton class. This may open the opportunity to use the TS-1400 or, if not suitable, a 10-15% more powerful version of the TS-1400.

Could be something like the Chinook, but wo motors in front, two motors in back ....it would still be too weak. Right now, heavy transport helicopter is out of reach for us, best accept this reality.

I know this will be a huge undertaking but we need a naval Gökbey. It's a big need, and it's reachable in 2-3 years maybe.

One other option is to design another attack helicopter that sits in between the T129 and T929,
Aforementioned helikopter T-629 and she is on the way.

However, I think we do not need it, even though we can easily produce the engine since it is TS-1400 and uses Gökbey infrastructure.

We need a navalized general purpose helicopter, namely the navalized T925. If there were no problems with the Ukrainian engine, we could produce it. Now we have to wait for the TS-3000 engine and i don't think it will come before 10 years.

Could be something like the Chinook, but wo motors in front, two motors in back ....it would still be too weak. Right now, heavy transport helicopter is out of reach for us, best accept this reality.

I know this will be a huge undertaking but we need a naval Gökbey. It's a big need, and it's reachable in 2-3 years maybe.
I hope Navalize Gökbey will come within 3 years. But this would be a miracle in my opinion.

Navalize Gökbey is not something that can be achieved with simple modifications to the existing Gökbey. Navalize Gökbey will be a completely different helicopter. The engine will also be a completely different engine.

A separate team and budget should be allocated to that project and unfortunately we do not have either. Both TEI and TAI have their hands full right now.

I hope Navalize Gökbey will come within 3 years. But this would be a miracle in my opinion.

Navalize Gökbey is not something that can be achieved with simple modifications to the existing Gökbey. Navalize Gökbey will be a completely different helicopter. The engine will also be a completely different engine.

A separate team and budget should be allocated to that project and unfortunately we do not have either. Both TEI and TAI have their hands full right now.
Their hands are full with frankly unnecessary things like ATAK-2

Even if it takes longer than 3 years, I think it's important to start on naval Gökbey now.

All these Hisar class OPVs, what helicopter will they use?

Back
Top Bottom