What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Good so u could not find a single artillery battery used by rebels in 5 years of war. Tnx.

They did drop a cluster bomb here:

CpKBLutWEAA67DW.jpg

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=36.157142&lon=37.112911&z=16&m=b

I guess most accurate map is this:

CpKoO8RWIAAAsNJ.jpg

Again I find it interesting where you get this information. How do you know it's the Russian Air Force and not Syrian? How do you know it's not MLRS?

In fact I am certain it's an MLRS based on known video. The Russian Air Force has very rarely used cluster bombs and it has been mostly in rural areas.

Just the other day, the jihadists were claiming that the Americans were bombing them because of the accuracy which was described as "sniper" like. They went on to say they were being hit with precision weapons at night. Funny how you claimed Russians don't have thermals nor are they accurate which I disprove with video as well as evidence.

Again I find it interesting where you get this information. How do you know it's the Russian Air Force and not Syrian? How do you know it's not MLRS?

In fact I am certain it's an MLRS based on known video. The Russian Air Force has very rarely used cluster bombs and it has been mostly in rural areas.
Russians are using clusters extensively. Since they came in twitters are full with cluster bombs. Syrians did use cluster but very very rarely.

Just the other day, the jihadists were claiming that the Americans were bombing them because of the accuracy which was described as "sniper" like. They went on to say they were being hit with precision weapons at night. Funny how you claimed Russians don't have thermals nor are they accurate which I disprove with video as well as evidence.
U dont need thermals to drop GPS bomb at night.

Russians are using clusters extensively. Since they came in twitters are full with cluster bombs. Syrians did use cluster but very very rarely.

That is completely false, There is only a hand full of video showing cluster bomb attacks and in none of the videos is the origin of air craft known except for one.

Here is a video grab from an MLRS in Syria:

image.jpeg

Here is a picture you posted claiming the Russian Air Force cluster bombing (as usual you can give zero evidence for you claim:

image.jpeg

Looks identical in dispersion, intense flames and smoke.

Now a well know cluster bombs dropped from aircraft:

image.jpeg

Does it look anything like what you posted? This is actually one of the first videos the Russian MOD released.

Notice it is in a rural area. Notice no flames, notice much smaller explosions,ect.

Another cluster bomb attack from unknown aircraft:

image.jpeg

Again nothing in common to what you posted claiming was a cluster bomb from the Russian Air Force.

3 things are certain:

It's an MLRS
It's definitely not the Russian Air Force
You made up more lies

U dont need thermals to drop GPS bomb at night.

We have been through this already. You claimed that Russia has no aircraft with FLIR in Syria, the SU-34, MI-28N, KA-52, SU-30SM and SU-35s all have FLIR, the first 3 aircraft have built in FLIR/thermals/electro optical sensors. It's not known if the SU-30SM and SU-35s have built in electro optical systems like the other aircraft but they can use targeting pods.

image.jpeg

You claimed this was a black and white photo when it was a screen grab from a video of an MI-28N.

So its Tiger again to save the day, i am really not liking the dependence on Tiger to save their *** every time...

I agree. I think if Syria wins this war, they really need to study their military leadership and change people around. Although, its very unlikely. If Syria wins the war, the current military leaders would only be strengthened and unlikely Assad will have much leeway.

I agree. I think if Syria wins this war, they really need to study their military leadership and change people around. Although, its very unlikely. If Syria wins the war, the current military leaders would only be strengthened and unlikely Assad will have much leeway.

Everything depends on the war in Aleppo, A victory in Aleppo means the Rebels will be took weak to start any more offensives and will loose the last bargaining chip. From that point onward, the Rebels should be easy to rout. Besieging Aleppo is the first step. Pretty much why Rebels are throwing away so many men...

That is completely false, There is only a hand full of video showing cluster bomb attacks and in none of the videos is the origin of air craft known except for one.

Here is a video grab from an MLRS in Syria:

View attachment 323678

Here is a picture you posted claiming the Russian Air Force cluster bombing (as usual you can give zero evidence for you claim:

View attachment 323679

Looks identical in dispersion, intense flames and smoke.

Now a well know cluster bombs dropped from aircraft:

View attachment 323680

Does it look anything like what you posted? This is actually one of the first videos the Russian MOD released.

Notice it is in a rural area. Notice no flames, notice much smaller explosions,ect.

Another cluster bomb attack from unknown aircraft:

View attachment 323681

Again nothing in common to what you posted claiming was a cluster bomb from the Russian Air Force.

3 things are certain:

It's an MLRS
It's definitely not the Russian Air Force
You made up more lies

We have been through this already. You claimed that Russia has no aircraft with FLIR in Syria, the SU-34, MI-28N, KA-52, SU-30SM and SU-35s all have FLIR, the first 3 aircraft have built in FLIR/thermals/electro optical sensors. It's not known if the SU-30SM and SU-35s have built in electro optical systems like the other aircraft but they can use targeting pods.

View attachment 323682

You claimed this was a black and white photo when it was a screen grab from a video of an MI-28N.
I dont know why u are complaining. I was actually complementing them this time. That hit seems too accurate for MLRS. But if it was not Russian as u say, that means they are completely unable to provide CAS.

I dont know why u are complaining. I was actually complementing them this time. That hit seems too accurate for MLRS. But if it was not Russian as u say, that means they are completely unable to provide CAS.

The cluster bombing was accurate? I'm not sure I follow. As for CAS, of course Russia can provide it and has been but the fighting has been going on for days now, I doubt that the Russian Air Force is flying over Aleppo 24 hours a day. When an important target is identified then the coordinates are relayed to the Russian Air Force.

Everything depends on the war in Aleppo, A victory in Aleppo means the Rebels will be took weak to start any more offensives and will loose the last bargaining chip. From that point onward, the Rebels should be easy to rout. Besieging Aleppo is the first step. Pretty much why Rebels are throwing away so many men...

Opposition close to breaking regime's siege on Aleppo, heavy clashes continue in artillery base
COMPILED FROM WIRE SERVICES
ISTANBUL
Published 6 hours ago
Opposition fighters drive a tank in an eastern regime sieged neighborhood of Aleppo as opposition fighters pressed an offensive on August 5, 2016. (AFP Photo)
Syrian opposition fighters stormed a major army artillery base in the northern city of Aleppo on Friday to try an end the siege of opposition-held areas but the Syrian army said it had repelled the attack and killed hundreds of insurgents.

A quarter of a million civilians still live in Aleppo's opposition-controlled eastern neighborhoods, effectively under siege since the army, aided by Iranian-backed militias, cut off the last road into rebel districts in early July.

Fighters from a coalition of rebel groups called "Jaish al Fateh" that includes Jabhat Fateh al Sham, the former al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front, Ahrar al Sham and other smaller groups, said they had taken the main fortress-like artillery academy in the Ramousah quarter in southwestern Aleppo.

They were now fighting to take the other military academies adjoining the artillery base that are among the country's largest.

Image: syria.livauamap.com"The Army of Conquest on Saturday took control of the armament school, where there is a large amount of ammunitions, and a large part of the artillery school", the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The coalition "is about to cut off, by gunfire, the supply route into regime-controlled districts" of the city, Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman said.

The road, which passes through a southwestern suburb of Aleppo city called Ramussa, is the last open route into Aleppo city.

If the rebels capture it, they would simultaneously cut off regime forces and open up a new road for their own besieged forces in the city's east.

The former Al-Nusra Front -- renamed Jabhat Fateh al-Sham after breaking from Al-Qaeda -- on Saturday announced having captured the two military academies and a third military position.

State television, meanwhile, reported fighting in the three locations.

"The regime forces are in a very difficult position despite Russian air support," Abdel Rahman said.

Once Syria's economic powerhouse, Aleppo has been roughly divided into a rebel-held east and regime-controlled west since 2012. The opposition advance comes three weeks after regime forces backed by Russian air strikes besieged the city's opposition-held districts, raising fears of a humanitarian crisis there.

The artillery base is almost 2 km from the besieged opposition area. It has a huge supply of ammunitions and is used regularly to shell parts of the city held by opposition forces.

The rebels are trying to break through a strip of regime-controlled territory to reconnect their encircled sector of eastern Aleppo with a swathe of insurgent territory in the west of Syria, effectively breaking the siege.

The fall of that strip would also cut off western Aleppo, which is in regime hands.

"There are two suicide bombers who have driven into regime posts inside the artillery base," said Abu al-Walid, a fighter with Ahrar al Sham, who said there was fighting inside the base.

Hundreds of fighters were clashing with regime troops only a few hundred meters from each other in parts of the artillery base after breaking into regime defenses around the heavily fortified compound, rebels said.

Aleppo, Syria's biggest city before the outbreak of the civil war five years ago, has been divided between regime forces and rebels since the summer of 2012.

Seizing full control would be the biggest victory for Bashar al-Assad in five years of fighting and demonstrate the dramatic shift of fortunes in his favor since Russia joined the war on his side last year.

Rebels have poured in thousands of fighters mainly from the rebel-held province of Idlib in north western Syria and deployed dozens of tanks and armored vehicles in the operation that was named the "Epic battle of Aleppo".

Inside the city, Free Syrian Army (FSA), among them vetted U.S.-backed groups, helped pile pressure on the army and its allies along other frontlines.

Foreign opponents of Assad including Saudi Arabia and Turkey have been supplying vetted rebel groups with weapons via a Turkey-based operations center.

Some of these groups have received military training overseen by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. The vetted groups have been a regular target of the Russian air strikes.

Jabhat Fateh al Sham, which is believed to have carried out at least three suicide bombings so far, said it also killed a number of Lebanese Shiite Hezbollah fighters it said were defending the artillery school.

The militant Shiiite group that fights alongside Assad's regime forces is an ally of Iranian-backed militias and the Russians in trying to help Assad regain control of the opposition-held parts of Aleppo.

The deputy head of the powerful Lebanese group, Sheikh Naim Qassem, said in an interview with Reuters this week he saw no immediate end to the war in Syria.

The army said it had foiled the attack on the artillery base and two major military academies. Hundreds of insurgents had been killed and much of their armored vehicles and tanks destroyed, the army said. It said the assault was the biggest by rebels against regime-held areas in the last few years.

"Today there was a large scale attack by the terrorist armed groups and they used all types of weapons but were are fighting this attack and will defeat them," said Brigadier General Deeb Bazi, the head of one of the military academies targeted.

The army said at least a thousand insurgents had been killed since the assault began earlier this week.

http://www.dailysabah.com/syrian-cr...eppo-heavy-clashes-continue-in-artillery-base

@T-Rex Siege can't be broken until you take over the Water treatment plant and the Military Academy, until then the Siege will still remain and supplies will be unable to pass through.

So far Rebels seems to have lost the momentum and its a Battle of Attrition...

Aleppo Siege is now officially over. Rebels have taken over most (if not all) of the Ramouseh artillery base and most (if not all) of Ramouseh district itself. Furthermore, rebels have taken over Amriyah, Tel al Jamiyat, and Tel al Mahrouqat. The cement factory is currently being attacked and inshallah liberation of Aleppo entirely will come soon.

@T-Rex Siege can't be broken until you take over the Water treatment plant and the Military Academy, until then the Siege will still remain and supplies will be unable to pass through.

So far Rebels seems to have lost the momentum and its a Battle of Attrition...
You do realize there are roads through Ramouseh, right? Unlike regime's "supply route" through Mallah which doesn't exist yet.
And if you believe rebels lost momentum, you are truely deluded.

All Assadists, please call a therapist and schedule a few appointments. You will need multiple over what's to happen soon.

Back
Top Bottom