What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Yarmouk Army attack a truck equipped with ZU-23 Anti Aircraft.

FSA 13th division hit a regime bulldozer with TOW in Morek.

Today SAA and pro-Assad militias took Al-Muslimiyah, pushing further into the north.

B0U0S2eCYAAOUsr.jpg

@Horus @Jungibaaz pls delete this, he is insulting our flag by putting it together with a terrorist organization banner.

I didn't mean to insult Turkey at all .

No need to mention mods here , I'll remove my post even though neither the reality of these days nor history will change .

Why Did An Azerbaijani Wrestling Champion Join (And Die For) IS?
05768ED2-675B-4A7A-83DD-3C69965D770B_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy5_cw0.jpg

Azerbaijani media sources are reporting that a professional wrestler from Azerbaijan was killed while fighting for the Islamic State (IS) militant group.

The wrestler, Rashad Bakhshaliyev, is reported to have joined IS in August after suddenly leaving Azerbaijan for Syria, taking his wife and child with him.

Bakhshaliyev’s wife provided the information about his death in a telephone call from Syria, according to Azerbaijani news site Haqqin.az. She said the former wrestler was killed “several days ago” but did not give details about where he died.

The story of Bakhshaliyev’s move to Syria to join IS has been widely reported in Azerbaijan. Bakhshaliyev, from the Ismailli district in northern Azerbaijan, appeared to lead a successful life before his departure for Syria and IS.

He took gold at various wresting competitions in Azerbaijan and before leaving for Syria he worked as a freestyle wrestling coach in Ismailli’s Olympic complex.

In September, Bakhshaliyev called his mother, Mirvari Bakhshaliyeva, from Syria and told her that everything was fine.

“Everything’s good, don’t worry. I can’t call very often from here. Everything’s OK. I don’t have any problems,” he said, according to media reports.

However, Bakhshaliyev’s mother did worry. So much so that she asked Azerbaijan’s president, Ilham Aliyev, for help.

“For several days now I have had no news of my son. My heart is breaking. I don’t know what to do. I’m asking you for help. I just want to know that my son is alive and to hear his voice,” she was reported as saying.

Why did a seemingly successful young man from a close-knit family suddenly decide to travel to Syria and join IS?

No explanation has been offered. Even though Bakhshaliyev had steady employment, Mirvari Bakhshaliyeva says he joined IS because of poverty.

“My son went because of financial problems. I helped him however I could. But how long could that go on for?” she reportedly said.

Some Azerbaijani outlets reported that Bakhshaliyev received payment to fight for IS, although those reports are impossible to verify.

It is not known how many Azerbaijanis are fighting in Syria. Estimates in news reports have ranged from 200 to 300.

The largest group of Azerbaijani foreign fighters in Syria is likely fighting for Islamic State. In May, the leader of an Azerbaijani IS faction in Raqqa, Mohammad al-Azeri, gave a video address in which he stated that IS was on the “correct path of jihad” in Syria.

While it is not known where Bakhshaliyev was killed, the timing of his death suggests he may well have died in or near Kobani on Syria’s border with Turkey. It is known that Azerbaijanis are among those fighting with IS in Kobani. IS militants speaking Azerbaijani can be heard in recent footage that shows a group of IS gunmen just outside of Kobani.

Media sources in Azerbaijan are reporting that Kurdish militias in the besieged Syrian town of Kobani executed a young Azerbaijani man who had been fighting with the Islamic State (IS) group.

The report of the man’s execution seem to originate from the French AFP news agency, which reported that Cuneyt Hemo, a grocer who had escaped to Turkey from Kobani, had said the Azerbaijani man had begged to be killed so that he could “go to paradise and be rewarded.”

There are no additional details about the reported execution, and the Azerbaijani man’s identity is unknown.

Why Did An Azerbaijani Wrestling Champion Join (And Die For) IS?

@rmi5 @ASQ-1918

No ambulances left in Kobanê
Saturday, 18 October 2014 14:56 hawarnews

KOBANÎ - It has been reported that the only two ambulances in the Kobanî Canton have been rendered unusable by arbitrary ISIS mortar attacks.
ISIS launched these attacks after having suffered heavy blows inflicted by the YPG/YPJ fighters in the last 4 days.
One of the 5 doctors in Kobanî, Welat Xelîl Omer, says there are currently no ambulance in the town and that the wounded had to be carried ordinary cars as the ambulances had been damaged.
The ISIS gangs have started attacking the town by firing mortars and with explosive- laden vehicles following the heavy blow they have suffered at the hands of the strong resistance of the YPG/YPJ forces and the people of Kobanî. In mortar attacks carried out in the last two days, the only two ambulances in the town were targeted. The ambulances were put out of use by these attacks and there are no other ambulances in the town at the moment. Welat Xelîl Omer says ambulances and health personnel are never targeted normally in wars, but that many ambulances, health personnel and hospitals have been targeted by the ISIS gangs in Kobanî. “As you can see, our hospital, ambulances and the cars of the doctors have been made unusable. Our last two ambulances have been destroyed. We could only take out the stretchers. The rest is junk.”
Doctor Omer says they now have to carry the wounded in ordinary cars and the sick lose blood before they reach the treatment centre, adding that their most urgent need at the moment is ambulances. “We were told that we would receive 4 ambulances. But we have not received any so far. Mostly our health institutions and vehicles were targeted in this war. We have said it before, the three hospitals of the town were made unusable by being bombed. But we especially suffer great difficulties in carrying the wounded after our ambulances were put out of use. We would be grateful if we could urgently receive some ambulances”, says Omer.

No ambulances left in Kobanê

YPG starts a new training for 40 youths in Efrîn
Sunday, 19 October 2014 14:31 hawarnews

EFRÎN - Martyr Xebat Academy in Efrîn started a new training session for 40 youths to be recruited by YPG and YPJ. The session will last for 35 days and the trainees are going to be trained on military skills and politics, ideology, culture and history. In the first day of the session YPG commander Selaheddîn Kurdî made a speech on importance of self-defense and called on all youths to joing YPG and YPJ.

Kurdî noted that "We are joining the general mobilization. We will never give up our land and martyrs' memorries. Kobanî, thanks to resistance of YPG and YPJ, now goes towards freedom."

At the end, the new YPG and YPJ trainees appeal their will to defend peoples and cantons of Rojava.

c43c88f2f2468ff0994ac16d3195623a.jpeg

2c5a5b4c184954e6fb750554a67c7a0c.jpeg

3dbbcaa2542a349d0c2554c07399d022.jpeg

YPG starts a new training for 40 youths in Efrîn

YPG training in Afrin, northwestern Syria.

They have to improve push-ups a little bit.

---

Btw, YPG/PKK groups fighting around Ras al-Ayn suffered casualties. Things do not look bright for PKK/YPG at the moment. Confirmation waiting.

They copied our "Army Gymnastics: Serie of moves without weapon" (Ordu Jimnastiği: Silahsız Hareketler Serisi)

But they are all doing the moves wrong. :)

Turkey should stop funding terrorists. Sinan, would you blow yourself up for the terrorist AKP party?
I think he wouldnt but I think too that many iranians would blow them up for terrorist Khamenei if ordered..

Wounded Kurdish soldiers fighting Islamic State at Kobani die after being refused entry at Turkish border | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

enter the border with this flags yes we are idiots! we should have give them mercy with a bullet!

Last edited:
I just searched about people from Azerbaijan who are fighting for ISIS. There seem to be many. Who are the Sunnis in Azerbaijan? Are they locals or migrants? @rmi5

SAA took full contol over al-Muslimiyah, al-Jubeiliyah, Sifat and the Free Zone area
Syrian army enters the free zone area east of Aleppo after it took control over al-Muslimiyah, al-Jubeiliyah and Sifat north of the city.

Press TV Correspondent Accused of Spying Killed in Turkey
13930726000558_PhotoI.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Press TV correspondent in Turkey Serena Shim, who was accused earlier this month by the Turkish Intelligence Ministry of spying - probably due to her coverage of Ankara’s stance on ISIL atrocities in the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani and the recent protests in Turkey - was killed in a car accident on Sunday.
The late Shim was in a passenger car with some other journalists and reporters when the incident took place. The latest reports said another passenger has also been badly hurt in the car accident.

Press TV said Shim has been killed near Turkey-Syria border. Shim was killed in car accident as she was returning from report scene, the English-language TV channel said.

As heavy clashes rage on in and around Kobani, the Ankara government is preventing some journalists from reporting the developments on the ground in the border region.

Press TV correspondent Serena Shim said on Friday that Ankara has accused her of spying probably due to some of the stories she has covered about Turkey’s stance on the ISIL terrorists in Kobani and its surroundings.

Shim said she was among the few journalists obtaining stories of militants infiltrating into Syria through the Turkish border, adding that she had received images from militants crossing the Turkish border into Syria in World Food Organization and other NGOs’ trucks.

“I think it’s definitely because of the reporting about Syria," Shim said, pointing to her reports about "the so-called Free Syrian Army going in [Syria] and catching these Takfiri militants and getting their passport stamps and getting first-hand information that they were actually inside while Turkey was still hiding this.”

U.S. Central Command | U.S. Military Conducts Aerial Resupply of Kurdish Forces Fighting ISIL
U.S. Central Command News Release

October 19, 2014

RELEASE # 20141022FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 19, 2014 - U.S. military forces conducted multiple airdrops tonight in the vicinity of Kobani, Syria to resupply Kurdish forces on the ground defending the city against ISIL. The airdrops were conducted by U.S. Air Force C-130 aircraft deployed to the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility. The aircraft delivered weapons, ammunition and medical supplies that were provided by Kurdish authorities in Iraq and intended to enable continued resistance against ISIL's attempts to overtake Kobani. All aircraft exited the airdrop zone safely.

To date, U.S. forces have conducted more than 135 airstrikes against ISIL in Kobani. Combined with continued resistance to ISIL on the ground, indications are that these strikes have slowed ISIL advances into the city, killed hundreds of their fighters and destroyed or damaged scores of pieces of ISIL combat equipment and fighting positions. However, the security situation in Kobani remains fragile as ISIL continues to threaten the city and Kurdish forces continue to resist. As the U.S. Central Command commander has noted, Kobani could still fall.

These airdrops were conducted in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to degrade and defeat the terrorist group ISIL and the threat they pose to the region and the wider international community. This assistance is another example of U.S. resolve to deny ISIL key terrain and safe haven as well as our commitment to assist those forces who oppose ISIL.

U.S. Central Command | U.S. Military Conducts Aerial Resupply of Kurdish Forces Fighting ISIL

Back
Top Bottom