What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

@Dr.Thrax

Would you support the Turkish Army going in and making Syria part of Turkey? Actually it wouldn't be Turkey anymore it would be some sort of new regional system.
I would rather be annexed by Turkey than by Iran.
If Turkey does the following: improves the situation of Syrians, gives them representation, equal rights, etc doesn't enforce Turkish as official language, etc etc I would be fine with it. I'm not a nationalistic bigot so I wouldn't care, but the likeliness of this is very low.

Last edited:
It would be too late by then. With Russian jets in the sky, taking Fua and Kefreya would be impossible. Mahdi Army is also about to be redeployed to Syria now that ISIS is winding down in Iraq.
Yup you're definitely Superboy.
Fua'a and Kefraya currently are easy pickings, Rebels destroyed most fortifications.
Mehdi army in Syria? IS winding down in Iraq? HAHAHAHAHA

I would rather be annexed by Turkey than by Iran.
If Turkey does the following: improves the situation of Syrians, gives them representation, equal rights, etc doesn't enforce Turkish as official language, etc etc I would be fine with it. I'm not a nationalististic bigot so I wouldn't care, but the likelyness of this is very low.
I was thinking the same, autonomous region with alot of rights etc. Even a syrian can become president of the new style republic etc.

d460fac619db43867421a904c042b36f.jpg

russian will get whopped if they actually join the fight,,,, its going to be afghanistan 2.0

If the Russians do join the fight, and be willing to commit the same resources they committed in Eastern Ukraine, they will dominate the battlefield. This is not Afghanistan where there are patches of villages and fighters can impose a guerrilla warfare, this is a conventional fight and when it comes to a conventional fight, the Russkies can deliver overwhelming firepower with deadly accuracy.

From the conduct i have seen of rebels in the videos, they lack discipline and cohesion. They are motivated, no doubt but they lack the discipline and the firepower to fight a modern enemy. This is something where the Russians excel in, not only are they motivated but they fight with discipline with some of the toughest equipment out there in the market. If Russian Officers are embedded in SAA even on a Company Level, you will see the effectiveness of SAA go up by a huge margin.

If the Russkies do decide to enter the battlefield in Syria, there is simply no one out there in Syria that can challenge them on the field. Heck, i will even say that there is no Middle Eastern Conventional Army that can challenge them on the battlefield.

They did exactly that in afghanistan and no missile was thrown at white house... infact ussr lost 1800 helis to stingers....

God what anericans wont give to see that happening again....
+1

Russia is shooting themselves in their own foot again.

Afghanistan 2.0.
I was thinking the same, autonomous region with alot of rights etc. Even a syrian can become president of the new style republic etc.
View attachment 258895
We have enough minorities in Turkey who are not integrated, can't speak propper Turkish. No offense but I wouldn't want more minorities who wouldn't want to integrate and just be a drag on our economy without being one of us. Sen Turk musun?

Last edited:
If the Russians do join the fight, and be willing to commit the same resources they committed in Eastern Ukraine, they will dominate the battlefield. This is not Afghanistan where there are patches of villages and fighters can impose a guerrilla warfare, this is a conventional fight and when it comes to a conventional fight, the Russkies can deliver overwhelming firepower with deadly accuracy.

From the conduct i have seen of rebels in the videos, they lack discipline and cohesion. They are motivated, no doubt but they lack the discipline and the firepower to fight a modern enemy. This is something where the Russians excel in, not only are they motivated but they fight with discipline with some of the toughest equipment out there in the market. If Russian Officers are embedded in SAA even on a Company Level, you will see the effectiveness of SAA go up by a huge margin.

If the Russkies do decide to enter the battlefield in Syria, there is simply no one out there in Syria that can challenge them on the field. Heck, i will even say that there is no Middle Eastern Conventional Army that can challenge them on the battlefield.
If u check Ukraine, is despite huge pro-Russian population they could not advance much beyond the Russian border. Orange shows pro-Russian population and red - pro-Russian controlled territory:

oekraine_verkiezingen_2014.jpg

In Syria there is no pro-Russian population and no Russian border.

and be willing to commit the same resources they committed in Eastern Ukraine

To be frank, there never were Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. In Crimea yes, in eastern Ukraine no. Would Russian soldiers ever risk their lives by going into battle without air cover? Hell no!

Sure there are. Ukrainians are not particularly pro Russia. On the other hand, Syrians are in general very pro Russia.

If u check Ukraine, is despite huge pro-Russian population they could not advance much beyond the Russian border.

Ye but it's not like Israel advanced much into Syria other than Golan :agree:

Last edited:
Game over S 300 in Syria..
Syria 9 21 15 s 300.png

Syria set to receive a batch of Mig 29 M2M and Yak 130

If u check Ukraine, is despite huge pro-Russian population they could not advance much beyond the Russian border. Orange shows pro-Russian population and red - pro-Russian controlled territory:

oekraine_verkiezingen_2014.jpg

They weren't interested in advancing beyond that territory.

Let's be honest here, if they wanted to advance they could have but the sanctions were biting real hard. The Russians with even such small numbers bolstered mostly by Pro Russian Militia completely outmanoeuvred, outsmarted and outfought the Ukrainians. The Ukrainian Army is by no means is a push over, they are well trained and have some very decent equipment. Equipment that the Syrian Rebels can only dream of possessing.

True, but they are fighting along the SAA who are the locals and not foreigners. I think Russians will be taking the role of advisors, not fighting the war for SAA themselves. And from what i have seen, this is what SAA lacks the most, Trained Officers. Some of the tactics i have seen of SAA Infantry and Armoured Crew are beyond pathetic. This is where i believe the Russians will be off great help for the SAA in terms of training and helping them improve their training drills. Also, the newer equipment the Russians will bring with them will be off great help for the SAA who are mostly using old and obsolete weapons.

Second, feel free to correct me but if a Russian Armoured Regiment backed by Gunships and Flankers decide to advance on a Position, do tell me what force out there can put a brake on that advance? The only force that i can think of is a Stryker Brigade.

To be frank, there never were Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. In Crimea yes, in eastern Ukraine no. Would Russian soldiers ever risk their lives by going into battle without air cover? Hell no!

Mostly in Advisory Roles

Putin was tallking about Novorossia from Odessa to Charkiv (all orange territory), but all ended in that tiny piece near Russian border.

Let's be honest here, if they wanted to advance they could have but the sanctions were biting real hard. The Russians with even such small numbers bolstered mostly by Pro Russian Militia completely outmanoeuvred, outsmarted and outfought the Ukrainians. The Ukrainian Army is by no means is a push over, they are well trained and have some very decent equipment. Equipment that the Syrian Rebels can only dream of possessing.
Ukrainian army is very poorly trained. They had not any conflict in past 23 years so they did nothing.

True, but they are fighting along the SAA who are the locals and not foreigners.
SAA are locals in Tartus and Latakia, not in Idlib and Aleppo.

I think Russians will be taking the role of advisors, not fighting the war for SAA themselves.
They have been advising since very beginning. Do u think Syria air force, for example would be still operable without massive Russian help?

Second, feel free to correct me but if a Russian Armoured Regiment backed by Gunships and Flankers decide to advance on a Position, do tell me what force out there can put a brake on that advance? The only force that i can think of is a Stryker Brigade.
Russia lost 12 thousand troops fighting in tiny 1 million encircled Chechnya. Eventually they bribed one of the Chechen commanders so he is doing there whatever he wishes.

Syria is 22 million country - 22 times more than Chechnya.

True, but they are fighting along the SAA who are the locals and not foreigners. I think Russians will be taking the role of advisors, not fighting the war for SAA themselves. And from what i have seen, this is what SAA lacks the most, Trained Officers. Some of the tactics i have seen of SAA Infantry and Armoured Crew are beyond pathetic. This is where i believe the Russians will be off great help for the SAA in terms of training and helping them improve their training drills. Also, the newer equipment the Russians will bring with them will be off great help for the SAA who are mostly using old and obsolete weapons.

Mostly in Advisory Roles

Chechens gave them a bloody nose. This time they will face the Chechen again on the battlefield.

Chechens gave them a bloody nose. This time they will face the Chechen again on the battlefield.

Hopefully, they will assist in evaporating the Chechen vermin, be it in Russia or Syria. There are many Chechens already exterminated by Syrian army, Russia will help to hunt all of them, if the rumors are true.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom