What's new

Syria rebels say they have received new types of arms

So Obama is playing catchup, after KSA made the decision to go ahead with ATGM's and MANPAD's, just to show that the US is in control? In any case, I still remain puzzled, why wait for so long, its not like they cost too much and KSA and Qatar cannot afford them. If they were supplied sooner, Assad would be out by now.

The answer to your question is here… After discovery ‘undeniable’ the use of chemical weapons ‘of way regular’ by Assad - Results the investigation of France in may 2013 -. And always a lack of results.

Syria Is Now Saudi Arabia’s Problem

This is called diplomatic language, ‘a big punch on the table’. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer to your question is here… After discovery ‘undeniable’ the use of chemical weapons ‘of way regular’ by Assad - Results the investigation of France in may 2013 -. And always a lack of results.

Syria Is Now Saudi Arabia’s Problem

This is called diplomatic language, ‘a big punch on the table’. ^^
No it had nothing to do with chemical weapons, but everything to do with US.
CIA checks all weapons that go to FSA from Jordan and Turkey and they didn't allow anti-aircraft weapons until recently.
So basically we were waiting for US permission.

CIA checks all weapons that go to FSA from Jordan and Turkey and they didn't allow anti-aircraft weapons until recently.

Not surprising. Before it was ‘the brothel’. Same KSA did not want because it was considered that there was the risk of loss of control.

Saudi Arabia prevails over Qatar on Syria issue

Syrian rebels received air defense missile system, source tells Al Arabiya

Friday, 21 June 2013

The rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) has received a Russian-made air defense missile system, a well-informed source told Al Arabiya on Friday.

Earlier that day, the head of FSA’s military command, Salim Idris, was quoted by Reuters as saying the armed opposition was provided with weapons that can “change the balance of power on the ground.”

Syrian rebels have been battling forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad for more than two years, with the U.N. saying that at least 93,000 people – mostly civilians – have died in the conflict.

The FSA chief has repeatedly appealed for weapons from the international community. In an earlier interview with Al Arabiya, he said that it would take the rebels six months to overthrow the Syrian regime if the U.S. agreed to arm them.

“If we only get some armed support, we will continue to battle for a long time. But if we receive enough training and arms and are well-organized, I think we need about six months to topple the regime,” Idriss said.

FSA political and media coordinator Louay Almokdad confirmed to AFP that the rebels had received military aid.

“We’ve received quantities of new types of weapons, including some that we asked for and that we believe will change the course of the battle on the ground,” he said. “We have begun distributing them on the front lines, they will be in the hands of professional officers and FSA fighters.”

Although Almokdad did not clarify the parties that had provided them with the latest shipment of weapons, he told AFP that they will be used solely to bring down the Assad regime.

“They will be collected after the fall of the regime, we have made this commitment to the friends and brotherly countries” who supplied the weapons, he said.

Washington said last week that it will provide military aid to the Syrian opposition after it has been concluded that the Assad regime used chemical weapons against the Syrian people and crossed what President Barack Obama had called a “red line.”

Meanwhile, foreign ministers of the “Friends of Syria” group will meet in Doha on Saturday to address military assistance for the Syrian rebels.

Al Arabiya

No it had nothing to do with chemical weapons, but everything to do with US.
So basically we were waiting for US permission.

If the CIA checks and monitors every single shipment coming from X or Y country then care to explain why didn't the CIA intercepts the Libyan shipment last year? And how come the CIA failed to identify the recipient? It was Al-Nusrah.

The same incidents took place 3 weeks ago.

If the CIA checks and monitors every single shipment coming from X or Y country then care to explain why didn't the CIA intercepts the Libyan shipment last year? And how come the CIA failed to identify the recipient? It was Al-Nusrah.

The same incidents took place 3 weeks ago.

The shipments from Libya was encouraged by the west and US to stabilize Libya after the war.
I read in new york times that the CIA checks all weapons going to FSA, I didn't make it up.
The main point is that if Saudia wanted to ship advanced weapons they could have done it over a year ago, but they waited.
Why? I don't know but definitely it has nothing to do with chemical weapons. So I think they waited for permission.

The shipments from Libya was encouraged by the west and US to stabilize Libya after the war.
I read in new york times that the CIA checks all weapons going to FSA, I didn't make it up.
The main point is that if Saudia wanted to ship advanced weapons they could have done it over a year ago, but they waited.
Why? I don't know but definitely it has nothing to do with chemical weapons. So I think they waited for permission.

Banu, is your Qaeda senses tingling? Go out and some Chiiihaaaad, maybe your dead smiling picture will grace this website.

The FSA received Man-pads months ago, they received FN-6 which hadn't been in SAA inventory so you don't say they are captured weapon. FSA leadership are requested not to talk about the source they get supplies from, even now, and although it's crystal clear that KSA is the supplier of the recent shipment, Idris refused to mention names when was asked. The KSA, Qatar and Lybia have been supplying them for a year and a half, which means before American "permission".

@Banu Umayyah

When you decide to go to Syria, take @Mosamania with you and tell him that you got two free tickets to Turkey and you have not found anybody to share this trip with but only Mosa. As soon as you arrive, tie him up in a truck full of TNT and tell him it's full of candy and he gets to send them to the needy ones, then send him to Latika and here you go, you took your revenge from Bashar without getting hurt. :D

HJ-8 used in Syria.

it is true that rebels / terrorist have latest weapons
so there is a big war coming again

and i am sure that SAA and the Hezbollah are thinking of new strategy to fight with our air support and tank

Not HJ-8 ATGM. It's a ATGMs (Anti-tank guided missile) ‘MILAN ER’.

Aleppo - 21 Jun 2013
Free Syrian Army used ATGMs (Anti-tank guided missile) ‘MILAN ER’. :butcher:

MILAN ER

Back
Top Bottom