What's new

Swat Peace Deal - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've no choice but to negotiate and buy the time necessary to secure your eastern frontiers from assault, put all of your forces designated for a move west through a thorough, long, and intensive training program and, finally, assure that they are completely equipped to the task and with a sustainable logistics chain for all those specialty needs in place and redundant spares too.

Then you'll need to institute a training program for development professionals-likely with a modern campus able to disseminate the latest in governance development techniques. This, too, will need a thorough inculcation and really shouldn't be started until you know that you've the money to do so.

All this should be preliminary to the first shot ever being fired. Without such, there's a chance you might fail. This should likely only take 1-3 years to prepare.

In the meantime, I encourage more successful stalling techniques such as SWAT. You've bought valuable time and likely can bog these silly hill people down in legalese and minutiae...or until they tire of chit-chat and lop a few heads.

Still, that's a small price to pay for the inevitable counter-offensive to sweep them from your lands.

These things take time to do properly and nobody wants to appear foolish while saving their country. Events now are small potatoes to what they might be if you act prematurely. Some things simply mustn't be rushed.:pakistan::smitten:

Best wait till all of your ducks are in a row.:agree::usflag:

Thanks.

Who has the authority to call a "jihad" in Pakistan? If the society wants to go to war againist the TTP (and like-minded groups) and declare it a "jihad", who would have to declare it? I mean, doesn't jihad have to be declared by religious authorities? Are the mainstrean Pakistani religious authorities now against the TTP? Are the "Islamic" political parties now against the TTP?

Jihad actually can only be called upon by a head of state. it cannot be called by these guys who barely know how to read. If Zaradari declared Jihad then it would actually be valid as per divine law. i think its a great idea.

Long live the Taliban and those who have empathy for them

Its downright embarrasing that there are people in this country who support the Taliban and sympathize with them, even on these VERY boards..

Put religion aside and think about your God Dam country first.. this is just nasty as hell..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgq5ymtAfBs[/media] - Sharia Law in SWAT. Taliban publicly lashing a girl

Its downright embarrasing that there are people in this country who support the Taliban and sympathize with them, even on these VERY boards..

Put religion aside and think about your God Dam country first.. this is just nasty as hell..
Is this Quaid's Pakistan? :angry:

This is the direct result of the surrender deal our rulers signed with the sick Taliban bastards. This is what happens when a state negotiates with terrorists from a position of weakness.

My heart goes out to the Swati brothers and sisters, Pakistan has failed them.

If something is not done immediately then I’m afraid more areas of Pakistan will become just like Swat.

Reactions: S-2
This is absolutely absurd beating a women in public these people are no way followers of Islam no matter how strict they claim to be, these monsters are no way muslims they are just unleashing thier medieval agenda on people who they are holding the whole valley hostage ANP are just a bunch of goons, It makes me sick since all this is coming to light and the pathetic Pakistani government is allowing all this to happen and doing nothing about it the only way to free this valley from dark terrorists is to do a Bajaur style operation to kick thier arses out.

taliban havent sucks..
if our Gov wants they can do what they want..
the begining of talibinization is nthing so much new..
Gen.Ziaulhaq started talibinization against USSR bcz US want it. then we were consider that talibans were good .then later Our Gov stopped it jus bcz of US ..now this threat again started..wait n c

Is this Quaid's Pakistan? :angry:

This is the direct result of the surrender deal our rulers signed with the sick Taliban bastards. This is what happens when a state negotiates with terrorists from a position of weakness.

My heart goes out to the Swati brothers and sisters, Pakistan has failed them.

If something is not done immediately then I’m afraid more areas of Pakistan will become just like Swat.
Absolutely, Army MUST Step in to save Pakistan Citizens from these bastards.

BBC article on the video posted by Durran3:

A video showing suspected members of the Taleban flogging a teenage girl is being circulated in Pakistan.

The recording strengthens fears that the provincial government has capitulated to militants in the north-western Swat valley.

It has agreed to implement Sharia law there as part of a peace deal.

The video shows men who appear to be from the Taleban holding down the girl and hitting her with a strap for about two minutes as she cries out in pain.

Local sources said the girl had been accused of illicit relations with a man.

Anger

The language in the video is of the Swati dialect of Pashto, says the BBC's Abdul Hai Kakar.

The woman is heard crying throughout and at one point swears on her father that she will not do it again.

Towards the end, when she stands up, an off-camera man believed to be directing the public beating, becomes angry.

Our correspondent says it is probably because the other men let the woman stand among them, something of which the Taleban do not approve.

The incident is said to have taken place two weeks ago, or possibly before.

This was a transitional period when the new Sharia courts approved by the provincial government were being introduced in Swat.

The Sharia system was agreed to try to stop the Taleban from imposing their harsh brand of vigilante justice, the BBC's Islamabad correspondent Barbara Plett says.

Previously they had beheaded dissidents and killed women they had accused of un-Islamic behaviour.

That seems to have significantly decreased after the Taleban leader officially accepted the Islamic courts.

However, it is not clear whether this new justice system will replace Taleban rule in practice.

The courts seem to be operating with some effect in Swat's main city of Mingora but not in outlying rural areas.

There witnesses say the militants continue to exercise control, if not as brutally as before.

Certainly the Taleban did not condemn the public flogging, Barbara Plett says.

A spokesman said, given the alleged crime, the girl had received a lenient sentence.

Source: BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | 'Taleban flogging of girl' filmed

For me women are lovely beings that are to be protected and looked after.

Had that been a member of my family then to quote Marv from Sin City "the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him"

Taliban attacks, establishes control over emerald mine in NWFP

Apr 2nd, 2009

Islamabad, Apr.2 (ANI): The Taliban has taken over the Gojaro Kalay emerald mine in Shangla in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP).

According to sources, more than 70 Taliban attacked the mine on Wednesday and took over the control of mining operations there.

Locals have confirmed the report, however, the district coordination officer and the district police officer denied any such activity in the region.

The Mineral Licensing Director of the area, Shakirullah also confirmed the report, and said he has information about the mine being taken over by the Taliban.

The mine was leased to an American firm, Luxury International, for 40 million rupees per year, but the company recently scrapped the deal because of deteriorating security conditions in Pakistan, The Daily Times reported.

Earlier, a pact between the Pakistan Government and the Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (TNSM), a Pakistani militant organisation with Wahabi and Deobandi leanings, allowed the Taliban to take control of emerald mines in the Swat Valley too.

The mines, along with the Panjshir mines in Afghanistan, hold the largest known deposits of emeralds in South Asia. (ANI)

Yet more evidence that this is Taliban Inc not some pious religous organisation but a criminal gang.

Tgq5ymtAfBs[/media] - Sharia Law in SWAT. Taliban publicly lashing a girl

Sadist bastards getting their kicks by publicly flogging a woman in front of hundreds of men, they know nothing about Islam but what can we expect from these thugs?

Still we wait for Taliban to change into something they cannot become...compassionate humans who can coexist with us.
Everywhere you can find someone who says that Taliban are misunderstood and maligned, for once i wish we open our eyes.
All the carnage and still many people are confused who we need to fight and why we need to fight.

Did the peace agreement mean that we are relinquishing control of our motherland to these scum who have the audacity to abuse Islam and Muslims in the name of Islam.

It is better to fight and die with honor than be humiliated like this.
Pakistanis need to realize what we are up against since we cannot co exist with these rascals and they think nothing of killing humans in cold blood.

It is precisely for all these reasons that i believe Pakistan should declare Jihad on them, once we are united on this they shall be exterminated like the vermin they are.

BTW for the record i have just seen on TV the representative of Sufi Muhammad say to a local news channel that this particular woman talked to a male who was a stranger and that is against our customs, so she was punished accordingly.

Honestly what utter crap to say the least!!!

Last edited:
"Still we wait for Taliban to change into something they cannot become...compassionate humans who can coexist with us."

This is wrong and I'm sure that with a bit more leadership through compassion and an emphasis on dialogue with mutual respect that, in time, these men might be persuaded to see other, more-balanced perspectives.

I've been reminded too often here that the threat of war is so great in the east that the present real war raging in your west must still be ignored. Given that sad fact, you must continue to negotiate, accomodate, appease, acquiesce, appease some more and abdicate until you're sufficiently secure against "cold start" to turn your attentions elsewhere.

Best to keep talking and do so humbly and from a position of subservience lest the taliban sense your fears and gambit a seizure of Islamabad. I'm not certain that they couldn't just march on down from SWAT with ol' Sufi at the head and Faizullah on the radio and just sorta walk into town and...

TAKE IT.

Better mobilize those lawyers and diplomats. They've never been more valuable...and make great hostages to boot.:agree:

India will not attack Pakistan with it's ground forces for so many different reasons that it would boggle the mind. That your army remains in the east in the midst of an open assault upon your nation from within your west indicates a complete departure from reality on the part of your strategic leadership or an absolute aversion to coming to grips with this phenomena.

You will move your army to Waziristan, SWAT, and elsewhere and make war on these men any and every way you know or lose your nation.

Try to wrap your arms around that notion and embrace it as your own before it's too late.

Good luck.

Thanks.:usflag:

taliban havent sucks..
if our Gov wants they can do what they want..
the begining of talibinization is nthing so much new..
Gen.Ziaulhaq started talibinization against USSR bcz US want it. then we were consider that talibans were good .then later Our Gov stopped it jus bcz of US ..now this threat again started..wait n c

Now stop this 1980-present Crap....if u have a sister then think about her before u support these bastards:sick:

If anybody has seen Geo Tv they would know what happenend to the poor girl in Sawt.....It disgusts me to my sould that this has happened to my beloved country......We got Pakistan so our sisters ,mothers and wives can be safe from the Hindus and other ppl with wrong desugns....we made our country so A gujrat like situation does not happen to our ladies ..with pregnant women been sliced by fanatics hindus who first cut there featus and then killed them....I am really sorry to use such language....BUT THIS IS HAPPENING TODAY IN PAKISTAN...These Islam ke Thekedaar TAliban have beaten my 17 year old fellow Pakistan sister on the streets....IT KILLS ME FROM INSIDE TO SEE ITS VIDEO ON GEO TV.....And we want to strike a PEACE DEAL WITH THSES BAS*****......I hate them.to death.....What good is our army if we cant protect our own mothers and sisters....I wish and pray and as a citizen demand that our army destroys them and not just half hearted attempts that they are currently doing but something constructive.......The sitting government the touts of women rights...have done nothing and it shows.....Now its our own war....we need to end this menace once and for all...in the end Its not India which has the capabilty to overwhlem us anymore...its these non humans who threat our existence as a nation..I apologize again for the harsh use of langusage....I really wanted to vent out my frustration after just viewing the TV..

Now stop this 1980-present Crap....if u have a sister then think about her before u support these bastards:sick:

If anybody has seen Geo Tv they would know what happenend to the poor girl in Sawt.....It disgusts me to my sould that this has happened to my beloved country......We got Pakistan so our sisters ,mothers and wives can be safe from the Hindus and other ppl with wrong desugns....we made our country so A gujrat like situation does not happen to our ladies ..with pregnant women been sliced by fanatics hindus who first cut there featus and then killed them....I am really sorry to use such language....BUT THIS IS HAPPENING TODAY IN PAKISTAN...These Islam ke Thekedaar TAliban have beaten my 17 year old fellow Pakistan sister on the streets....IT KILLS ME FROM INSIDE TO SEE ITS VIDEO ON GEO TV.....And we want to strike a PEACE DEAL WITH THSES BAS*****......I hate them.to death.....What good is our army if we cant protect our own mothers and sisters....I wish and pray and as a citizen demand that our army destroys them and not just half hearted attempts that they are currently doing but something constructive.......The sitting government the touts of women rights...have done nothing and it shows.....Now its our own war....we need to end this menace once and for all...in the end Its not India which has the capabilty to overwhlem us anymore...its these non humans who threat our existence as a nation..I apologize again for the harsh use of langusage....I really wanted to vent out my frustration after just viewing the TV..

if u have two eyes on ur big head thn see again what i have writen..i dont want to read ur BS lecture
thankx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom