What's new

Swat Peace Deal - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've commentary on this video in the documentary thread that's stickied here.

Ratus ratus and your points are well made and I'm hopeful that reasoned people here will admit, yes, the gambit failed as was expected. Yet another good faith effort was extended and yes, instead, a bit more of their control was extended but now we know.

Until Pakistanis again have an opportunity to negotiate away their freedoms instead of SCREAMING,

"ENOUGH!!"

The president spoke today. We will assist if you will fight.

Please fight for your freedom.

Delusion runs rampant.
They are happy in their mess because they do not want to see it.

S-2 for you to say this
Please fight for your freedom.

I believe it is about time people here drop the pretence of delusion and act.

Your country, your freedom, make a stand before it is too late.

Reactions: S-2
The swat peace deal was meant to restore peace in swat and it was a bad idea we do need to fight for our freedom but the problem is that we just don't want to do it why? because it is killing alot of people and destabalizing the country that is the reason that has been given but the truth is pakistan i already unstable and we all need to fight them and blast our way trough them and send them back to Afghanistan but this peacedeal is only gonna make it harder.

I dont think I have gross misconceptions about sharia law. Anyhow I was talking only about the Swat deal.
Please read carefully before posting.

i havent found anything "innocent" in ur post..
there is a deep realtion b/w shariah nd swat deal..if u havent found the realtion dont share ur view thn ..simple

Last edited:
The swat peace deal was meant to restore peace in swat and it was a bad idea we do need to fight for our freedom but the problem is that we just don't want to do it why? because it is killing alot of people and destabalizing the country that is the reason that has been given but the truth is pakistan i already unstable and we all need to fight them and blast our way trough them and send them back to Afghanistan but this peacedeal is only gonna make it harder.

u r talking like we r fighting with our enemy..we want a target fight ..the fight against these talibans in the past has eliminated so many civilians.so this is not so much effective war..
this is not fighting for freedom but fighting for goal.

i havent found anything "innocent" in ur post..
there is a deep realtion b/t shariah nd swat deal..if u havent found the realtion dont share ur view thn ..simple
:blah::blah:
YOUR PROBLEM

I talked about sharia deal.The Sharia law by itself or how it will be implemented in the present scenario are irrelevant as far as my above post is concerned. You dont need to be innocent anywhere. You just need to be sensible. I dont need to convince you in any way. Live with it.

This forum is not hosted for you to command others to give their views as in a durbar!!:tdown:

:blah::blah:
YOUR PROBLEM

I talked about sharia deal.The Sharia law by itself or how it will be implemented in the present scenario are irrelevant as far as my above post is concerned. You dont need to be innocent anywhere. You just need to be sensible. I dont need to convince you in any way. Live with it.

This forum is not hosted for you to command others to give their views as in a durbar!!:tdown:

oh so u meant shariah deal hasent any shariah law..amazing.
i dont want to impose my view on others..but i want to share my view
:)

u r talking like we r fighting with our enemy..we want a target fight ..the fight against these talibans in the past has eliminated so many civilians.so this is not so much effective war..
this is not fighting for freedom but fighting for goal.

I understand that it will claim innocent lives but it has to be done they can either start a quick but succesful offensive and kill a thousand or let it continue and have 10000 die and the rest be tortured by the taliban those are the two choices.

'50 million dollar US aid for Swat lying useless in Islamabad'
Mon, Mar 30 04:25 PM

Islamabad, Mar. 30 (ANI): United States Ambassador to Pakistan, Anne W Patterson, has revealed that 50 million dollars in aid, meant for the rehabilitation and development work in Swat and Northern Areas, were lying unused at the US embassy in Islamabad.

The News quoted Patterson, as telling the former PPP senator Enver Baig that the huge amount, readily available and exclusively meant for the rehabilitation and development of the troubled areas, was being wasted because no one in concerned quarters was interested.

The people, who want to start development work in the tribal areas, needed some security and access, but response was not coming, she added.

Patterson had gone to meet Baig to show her respect after his retirement from the Senate.

Baig wondered how could concerned authorities avoid use of such a huge amount, which could have been used to help the displaced persons of the militancy-hit areas and to generate job opportunities for hundreds of people in those areas.

Baig quoted Patterson, as saying, "We fully understand the religious sentiments of Muslims, but at the same time, the suicide bombings and extremism too do not depict what Islam preaches. The US is ready to give economic assistance to help eradicate this menace."

He told her that the US must engage with all the political players in Pakistan, as the war on terror could only be fought collectively, while adding that until and unless the people supported this war, armed forces would not be able to win for Pakistan or the international community. (ANI)

I understand that it will claim innocent lives but it has to be done they can either start a quick but succesful offensive and kill a thousand or let it continue and have 10000 die and the rest be tortured by the taliban those are the two choices.

if Gov cant eleminate no's of taliban thn this is amazing.u want to say that no problem if innocent lives has gone..but i m saying that the swatians will stand against Gov if they havent given the shelter to peoples.
Swat deal is good for people of swat nd for taliban as wel..now this iz the responsiilty of Gov that make a plane nd eliminate the terrorists with target killing.no open war r it will spread hostility against Gov

if Gov cant eleminate no's of taliban thn this is amazing.u want to say that no problem if innocent lives has gone..but i m saying that the swatians will stand against Gov if they havent given the shelter to peoples.
Swat deal is good for people of swat nd for taliban as wel..now this iz the responsiilty of Gov that make a plane nd eliminate the terrorists with target killing.no open war r it will spread hostility against Gov

And how is a peacedeal gonna let the government eliminate the taliban it is only going to make them stronger they have to do it no matter what even if they kill a 1000 innocent they have to get this over with and Infact the people of swat should also stand up to these thugs or they are going to be opressed like this until the army come in and fights the taliban if they are united they can defeat them.They have to understand that taliban are a threat to the nation and they have to side with the government.

And how is a peacedeal gonna let the government eliminate the taliban it is only going to make them stronger they have to do it no matter what even if they kill a 1000 innocent they have to get this over with and Infact the people of swat should also stand up to these thugs or they are going to be opressed like this until the army come in and fights the taliban if they are united they can defeat them.They have to understand that taliban are a threat to the nation and they have to side with the government.

making words from far is very easy..
i m surprising that where were talibans from last 60 years..suddenly they appeared nd hold a whole agency (Malakand).how its possible.its bcz something was going wrong.
the swatians couldnt make decision that who is right who is wrong bcz both taliban n army r killing them..so how will u find who is real culprit.
we have lost our east pakistan by wrong decisions n we dont want to lose any more..

making words from far is very easy..
i m surprising that where were talibans from last 60 years..suddenly they appeared nd hold a whole agency (Malakand).how its possible.its bcz something was going wrong.
the swatians couldnt make decision that who is right who is wrong bcz both taliban n army r killing them..so how will u find who is real culprit.
we have lost our east pakistan by wrong decisions n we dont want to lose any more..

First of all the taliban came to pakistan because of the war on terror and second if the government can't fight the taliban then they will have eliminate their alliegience with their enimies other than fighting the only other option is to abandon the war on terror but that may not be such a good idea too and Making words from far?
i admit things are easier said than done but the fact is that the sawatians al together stand up against the taliban they will win i'm not tellin one man to charge into the taliban like rambo.The pakistanis need to unite and get them out even if we did abandone the war on terro we will still have to get them out of pakistan.

First of all the taliban came to pakistan because of the war on terror and second if the government can't fight the taliban then they will have eliminate their alliegience with their enimies other than fighting the only other option is to abandon the war on terror but that may not be such a good idea too and Making words from far?
i admit things are easier said than done but the fact is that the sawatians al together stand up against the taliban they will win i'm not tellin one man to charge into the taliban like rambo.The pakistanis need to unite and get them out even if we did abandone the war on terro we will still have to get them out of pakistan.

Now Agree but impossible..swatians havent stand till now ..what xpect in future..
i think that pak army has the ability of target killing..it is the best option to eliminate taliban thn open war..
another thing..people cant stand against taliban bcz people havent ability to live together or being unite alltime .so when taliban found them seperate they will eliminate them.only departments like army or police can do such actions

Now Agree but impossible..swatians havent stand till now ..what xpect in future..
i think that pak army has the ability of target killing..it is the best option to eliminate taliban thn open war..
another thing..people cant stand against taliban bcz people havent ability to live together or being unite alltime .so when taliban found them seperate they will eliminate them.only departments like army or police can do such actions

Exactly if the people in swat don't stand up for themselves together then they just cannot be free and then they blame the army for killing innocents.So i ask them what the hell can they do if you don't side with them and if you dont stand up for yourselves united as one body of Muslims who want to get rid of the taliban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom