What's new

Swat girls throng to school in defiance

Go Malala! You are great.

Tell me a secret .

How does the Kingdom regulate the religion ? Islamabad can benefit from a lesson or two how Riyadh controls the Mullah , who go wild when left free . This isn't sarcasm , my friend .

Tell me a secret .

How does the Kingdom regulate the religion ? Islamabad can benefit from a lesson or two how Riyadh controls the Mullah , who go wild when left free . This isn't sarcasm , my friend .

Well, most of the Saudi people are conservatives, but adhereing to religion doesn't mean you can't go to school or exercise your god given right. We do have crazy Shieks here, but there is nothing much they can possibly do because the Grand Islamic Council of ours is as cool as cucumber and the only authority people lesson to ^ ^ ...

Well, most of the Saudi people are conservatives, but adhereing to religion doesn't mean you can't go to school or exercise your god given right. We do have crazy Shieks here, but there is nothing much they can possibly do because the Grand Islamic Council of ours is as cool as cucumber and the only authority people lesson to ^ ^ ...

From my personal observation and analysis , I have always concluded that the House of Saud maintains some sort of control over the religious leaders for preservation of monarchy , how true would that be ?

I mean no offense in any way whatsoever .

Congratulations on her 16th birthday. Indeed, a woman worthy of praise and a source of pride. We hope that she will, in the future, continue to be an inspiration to us all.

Haroon Ahmad
DET - U.S. Central Command
www.facebook.com/centcomurdu

She is not alone... read the title, and the anti Pakistan venture cooked in Afghanistan post Indo/US invasion is falling apart.

I mean no offense in any way whatsoever .

Not at all. You can ask me as many question as you'd like bud.

From my personal observation and analysis , I have always concluded that the House of Saud maintains some sort of control over the religious leaders for preservation of monarchy , how true would that be ?

I would say it depends :undecided:. The Royal family gains its legitimacy from the ~24 million Saudis which also includes the Islamic religious leaders, so yeah I believe that they side with the Gov't, but BTW, the religious leaders are too powerful on their own. The reason why the Gov't supported the Syrian rebels by sending weapons was due to the pressure of those leaders.

All parents in Pakistan must be forced by GoP to enroll their children in schools. Strict action should be taken against those parents who fails to follow this.

They are not crazy and fools to invest in the citizen and let them me literate citizens.

Not at all. You can ask me as many question as you'd like bud.

I would say it depends :undecided:. The Royal family gains its legitimacy from the ~24 million Saudis which also includes the Islamic religious leaders, so yeah I believe that they side with the Gov't, but BTW, the religious leaders are too powerful on their own. The reason why the Gov't supported the Syrian rebels by sending weapons was due to the pressure of those leaders.

Thanks , bon ami . What better source can there be , than a resident of the Kingdom itself ?

You mentioned the High Council , I can bring in the Saudi National Guards and the religious police . The monarchy indeed has some tools to maintain a sort of control over the religious authority , to whom the people listen to . The psychology of religion is something , I have studied well . The common Saudi of course supports the Kings because without it , the monarchy cant survive a month . The point is that the religious authority needs to be controlled , influenced and manipulated at times . I mean , the radicals of Pakistan consider the democracy as unislamic but the same wouldn't say a word about the absolute monarchy of the Kingdom . :D Why ? I think , we all know the answer .

By the way , I believe that the Arab intervention in Syria was due to the Iran factor , the House of Saud is capable enough to take care of any Mullah pressure .

@Secur
Thanks , bon ami . What better source can there be , than a resident of the Kingdom itself ?

You are very welcome. I have always been critical of my own Gov't, and I would like to see some change, however, the Gov't is too reluctant as it always tries to compromise with conservatives, liberals, and moderates, if you ask me.

By the way , I believe that the Arab intervention in Syria was due to the Iran factor , the House of Saud is capable enough to take care of any Mullah pressure .

The pressure that had been exerted by the Grand Council was for the sake of arming the FSA, while the Gov't chose to take a diplomatic action.

. I mean , the radicals of Pakistan consider the democracy as unislamic but the same wouldn't say a word about the absolute monarchy of the Kingdom . Why ? I think , we all know the answer .

From an Islamic point of view, democracy doesn't go with Islam whatsoever, so Yes, they might be right, however, Islam does create a democracy of its own, having said that, Islam and democracy can co-exist with one another.

As for the absolute monarchy, I think they are right too, some of them said that Islam is against monarchism while others said that they can get along together as long as the absolute monarchy stick to Islam itself.

You mentioned the High Council , I can bring in the Saudi National Guards and the religious police

The Saudi Arabian National Gurad has nothing to do with protecting the royalities, period. It is a common perception to many people. It's The Royal Guard that takes care of the high-profile royalty figures. As for the Commission of Virtue, it belongs to the Ministry of Interior. At any rate, any governmental establishments reports to the Royal Cabinet.

The common Saudi of course supports the Kings because without it , the monarchy cant survive a month

That's right Sir :smart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom