What's new

SURGICAL STRIKES: 'INDIA CAN EASILY TARGET PAKISTAN'S TERROR CAMPS NOW'

Have you read about this DGMO? have you read the article? he never said there weren't strikes , he said the two cant be compared. Now being a part of think tank which he got under the patronage of this govt , i have my reservations. Perhaps you could write an open letter to him and ask him about 2005 operations in Bhutan or in 2009 in Myanmar.
you read a solitary article and question the issue, i posted two links which said there were strikes.

Post 57 bro . Sorry if we were harsh .
you are welcome sir , but kindly dont feel or write sorry ( that will make me feel embarrassed as i am aware of your background and occupation now ) , you and joe sir are senior members of the forum , even if you were harsh , though you were not , it was acceptable to me . salute and jai hind

I don't know what to say. Let me think about your post and reply a little later.

Don't think too hard, Joe! @jbgt90 clarified it pretty well. It's not just about what is said, but who it is said by. Therefore underlining the fact that sane leadership from both sides should be more vocal in confronting belligerent actors from both sides.

Look up Kunal Kamra Patriotism and Government. "Apne Jawan border pe Ludd rahe hai" :)
i watched it and it was good,
:offpost:
i have been watching indian standup videos and they are good, i like daniel fernendes (wrong spellings sorry), ganguly then their is a dehli guy apunum.... some difficult name. i have mostly seen videos from canvas. another good thing i loved is indian content on you tube like AIB, Y films etc etc. Pakistan doesnt have that kinda content our content starts with coke studio, cooking lessons, totkas and hakeems :hitwall:. no innovative exciting Pakistani content. if you guys know any kindly also tell me

p. s sorry for offtopic :offpost:

I am sorry if I have been premature and jumped to conclusions. Please stay on the forum and keep reminding those of us prone to silly mistakes of this kind that we have to be honest to our own principles.

I don't know what to say. Let me think about your post and reply a little later.

I has thunk.

It isn't easy when full of delicious food; takes time.

I stand by whatever @jbgt90 and I said. Our sources were similar, but different; there is a number of decades between us, my batch and my juniors down to ten years are all retired, his cohort is just getting into general rank. We got information in different ways, with differences in granularity.

Speaking entirely for myself, I understand that what took place was a cross-border raid on a much larger scale than usual. Three factors were unusual; the size of the forces involved, the level at which permission was sought and released and the planning that was involved. A fourth factor is the dismaying amount of post-facto publicity that was sought to be milked from what has not been unknown, at a different scale, in the past, in both directions. You must remember that the right wing government has captured very many of the mainstream media, and has been actively intimidating those that have held out. I am about to be mailed a hilarious parody based on events of 90 years ago, which will be posted in the Seniors Cafe, and that will make the situation clear. This was media feeding frenzy, it was not something initiated by the Army, and it was originated purely from the political side.

However, at the time that the news broke, what had actually happened was unclear. I myself got speculative information from a mid-level person about artillery having been used extensively; this turned out to be a rehash of other, parallel incidents, not connected to the counter directly. Somebody else was told about extensive use of choppers, but nothing about soldiers on those choppers; the impression created was of a purely air attack. What happened included all these features.

It is difficult to decide how much information to share. Some of us do not wish to attract excessive attention, even without the current climate of suspicion and heavy-handed monitoring of dissenting voices by government agencies. I would like to leave it at this. There is already an excess of speculative discussion going on, and anything said by me will surely be used by some dumb cluck as ammunition in his own private battle with his cross-border counter-parts.

i watched it and it was good,
:offpost:
i have been watching indian standup videos and they are good, i like daniel fernendes (wrong spellings sorry), ganguly then their is a dehli guy apunum.... some difficult name. i have mostly seen videos from canvas. another good thing i loved is indian content on you tube like AIB, Y films etc etc. Pakistan doesnt have that kinda content our content starts with coke studio, cooking lessons, totkas and hakeems :hitwall:. no innovative exciting Pakistani content. if you guys know any kindly also tell me

p. s sorry for offtopic :offpost:

Same here, I have been following quite a bit of Indian stand up and comedy sketches on youtube, (Neville Shah , Atul Khatri, kenny sebastian, vir das, anga singh, zakir khan, abhijit ganguly etc) and with all due respect coke studio and the ingenuity of Pakistani arrangers and musicians is very very good. When I was in school, we did watch some Pakistani plays, and the comedy was top class. Pretty soon you will see good stand up comics in pakistan too.

Same here, I have been following quite a bit of Indian stand up and comedy sketches on youtube, (Neville Shah , Atul Khatri, kenny sebastian, vir das, anga singh, zakir khan, abhijit ganguly etc) and with all due respect coke studio and the ingenuity of Pakistani arrangers and musicians is very very good. When I was in school, we did watch some Pakistani plays, and the comedy was top class. Pretty soon you will see good stand up comics in pakistan too.

Coke Studio is in a class of its own. My own favourite is a Pakistani-Bangladeshi compound, Amaye Bhashaili Re. It's figured in @Homo Sapiens beautiful thread on Bangladeshi music.

Sorry, Mods.

Thats why placed coke studio first. its the best Pakistani thing on YouTube right now. I think lack of content is partly due to the fact that YouTube has been recently launched in Pakistan. (officially). I hope better content will seen in coming days.

Have you read about this DGMO? have you read the article? he never said there weren't strikes , he said the two cant be compared. Now being a part of think tank which he got under the patronage of this govt , i have my reservations. Perhaps you could write an open letter to him and ask him about 2005 operations in Bhutan or in 2009 in Myanmar.
you read a solitary article and question the issue, i posted two links which said there were strikes.

Buddy I never post articles that I myself have not read(though one can question my ability to understand them :lol:)...Regardless not only I have read the link but also followed media very closely....I believe this one interview from Former Army Chief pretty much made it very clear..that attacks used to happen across LOC all the time however not at this scale...and have never been acknowledged openly...

Please read/listen....
Former Army chief General Bikram Singh has told NDTV that India crossed the Line of Control many times in the past but it has never been made public and never at this scale.

Also i thought we are trying to discuss Pakistan here, so why did you bring in Bhutan/Mayanmar is beyond me, as expected ignoring!!...Look the last thing i want is to not acknowledge/go overboard bravado of our soldiers just because we may have peculiar likes/dislike for a particular govt....b/w a good read

Buddy I never post articles that I myself have not read(though one can question my ability to understand them :lol:)...Regardless not only I have read the link but also followed media very closely....I believe this one interview from Former Army Chief pretty much made it very clear..that attacks used to happen across LOC all the time however not at this scale...and have never been acknowledged openly...

Please read/listen....
Former Army chief General Bikram Singh has told NDTV that India crossed the Line of Control many times in the past but it has never been made public and never at this scale.

Also i thought we are trying to discuss Pakistan here, so why did you bring in Bhutan/Mayanmar is beyond me, as expected ignoring!!...Look the last thing i want is to not acknowledge/go overboard bravado of our soldiers just because we may have peculiar likes/dislike for a particular govt....b/w a good read

The reason i quoted Bhutan and Myanmar is because of the scale of operations, and yes as you rightly said your lack of understanding is the main cause of you not able to get what i said.

The reason i quoted Bhutan and Myanmar is because of the scale of operations, and yes as you rightly said your lack of understanding is the main cause of you not able to get what i said.
If not going "out of context" is termed as lack of understanding...then sure...Anyways let me try to get your attention back to the topic we are discussing....Surgical Strikes on Pakistan in 2016 was at a scale that had never happened before...Still in Disagreement or you have changed your mind??

If not going "out of context" is termed as lack of understanding...then sure...Anyways let me try to get your attention back to the topic we are discussing....Surgical Strikes on Pakistan in 2016 was at a scale that had never happened before...Still in Disagreement or you have changed your mind??

Their problem is because a govt which does not confirm to their ideals has done it.
They are not against the fact that it has been done or the impact of it. Only that, since it's done by BJP, they have done it for nefarious reasons.

I read the word 'milked' used when the govt went public with the strikes.

It's not these 2 esteemed ex military men can not analyse WHY the govt went pubic with the strikes. They also know very well why the govt is also NOT releasing the proofs/videos of the strikes.

When you start with a pre-conceived notion that something is bad, then you come up with any number of explanations to fit that pre-conceived notion. It's the nature of being human. Our prejudices are so powerful that we can not see the facts staring at us, since facing the facts would mean acknowledging the prejudices.

You are so funny, you must be hiding under that orange garb that pervert is wearing in your avatar

Modi is shrewd guy. He is busy in isolating Pakistan worldwide so that no one will take side with them. That is why he is bashing Pakistan in every international forum possible. First Americas then Arabs and now the last standing China also joining slowly. After that the real attack will begin. This is very important for him to bring back occupied GB Kashmir and possibly Baluchistan for his next election.

India need to admit that the surgical strike is no more than a border raid within a quarter km from the line of control.

Back
Top Bottom