What's new

Surface To Air Missiles | Terror in the Sky.

thanks for the informative post but do you think it is by any means related to Pakistan military SAM procurement?
:tup:

regards!

Ask these guys to explain it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAPTAIN AMERICA For This Useful Post: Anonymous_Clown (Yesterday), gowthamraj (Yesterday), muse (Yesterday

Regards

As of now US only operates the stealth air craft. More to follow soon.

99% of the world's fighter jets are vulnerable to those SAMs. Also there will be more radars in the future which will deduct those stealths..

I dont have any doubt that most planes and even stealth planes are vulnerable to SAMs. I am of the opinion that counter measures will be developed that will render the SAMs useless or ineffective.

Think about this:

Syria's Antiaircraft System Most Advanced In World. Syria has gone on a profligate buying spree, spending vast sums on Russian systems, 'considered the cutting edge in aircraft interception technology.' Syria now 'possesses the most crowded antiaircraft system in the world,' with 'more than 200 antiaircraft batteries of different types,' some of which are so new that they have been installed in Syria 'before being introduced into Russian operation service.' While you're digesting that, take a look at the map of Syria: Notice how far away Dayr az-Zawr is from Israel. An F15/16 attack there is not a tiptoe across the border, but a deep, deep penetration of Syrian airspace. And guess what happened with the Russian super-hyper-sophisticated cutting edge antiaircraft missile batteries when that penetration took place on September 6th. Nothing.

El blanko. Silence. The systems didn't even light up, gave no indication whatever of any detection of enemy aircraft invading Syrian airspace, zip, zero, nada.
Silence in Syria, Panic in Iran

Do you think Pakistan or India considering their size, is going to come up with a better system. Do you really think such a system is a good way for Pakistan or India to spend their money.

If I was Syria I would be asking Russia for a refund.

thanks for the informative post but do you think it is by any means related to Pakistan military SAM procurement?
:tup:

regards!

Its very much relevant. Given India's penchant for Israeli UAVs (we already operate Heron) it is possible, or even likely, that India buys (or does a JV to produce) these UAVs in the future.

So Pakistan will have to consider this UAV into its threat spectrum when acquiring SAMs. :chilli:

I dont have any doubt that most planes and even stealth planes are vulnerable to SAMs. I am of the opinion that counter measures will be developed that will render the SAMs useless or ineffective.

Think about this:

Do you think Pakistan or India considering their size, is going to come up with a better system. Do you really think such a system is a good way for Pakistan or India to spend their money.

Can't get, at the time of attack, Syria had "most advanced Anti Aircraft systems" ??

They did not have batteries at par of S-300 or PAC-3.

And the countries like India and Pakistan will install the Batteries to protect the key installations.

No enemy will bomb paddy fields..

IF that is not the case y there is hue and cry when Russia gonna sell S-300 to Iran?

Can't get, at the time of attack, Syria had "most advanced Anti Aircraft systems" ??

They did not have batteries at par of S-300 or PAC-3.

And the countries like India and Pakistan will install the Batteries to protect the key installations.

No enemy will bomb paddy fields..

IF that is not the case y there is hue and cry when Russia gonna sell S-300 to Iran?

Does the word embargo ring a bell, UN, due to Iran building nuclear weapons.

quick view of the topic and post

about people who said about fighter vs fighter combat,onedneed to read something about dissimiliar warfare.

modern warfare is pretty much like jan-ken-pon(cloth-stone-scissor?).SAM to counter fighter,SEAD to counter SAM,Fighter to counter SEAD,etc

i'll comment about the rest of the issue later

Does the word embargo ring a bell, UN, due to Iran building nuclear weapons.

Surface-to-air

* Soviet Union Lavochkin S-75 (SA-2 Guideline) launchers
* Soviet Union Isayev S-125 (SA-3 Goa) launchers - under upgrade
* Soviet Union Almaz S-200 (SA-5 Gammon) launchers
* Soviet Union 9K33 Osa (SA-8 Gecko)

The above is the Syrian so called most advanced anti-aircraft systems..!!!(Wiki)

Ask these guys to explain it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAPTAIN AMERICA For This Useful Post: Anonymous_Clown (Yesterday), gowthamraj (Yesterday), muse (Yesterday

Regards

well so if i also thank that post will i be able to get answer to this question!!:what:

bro it was just a point, nothing to get angry for..

talking about rules, this firum is dedicated to pakistan Military systems.

anyways,,,
regards!

Its very much relevant. Given India's penchant for Israeli UAVs (we already operate Heron) it is possible, or even likely, that India buys (or does a JV to produce) these UAVs in the future.

So Pakistan will have to consider this UAV into its threat spectrum when acquiring SAMs. :chilli:

thanks, now i got it!

Think about this:
Syria's Antiaircraft System Most Advanced In World. Syria has gone on a profligate buying spree, spending vast sums on Russian systems, 'considered the cutting edge in aircraft interception technology.' Syria now 'possesses the most crowded antiaircraft system in the world,' with 'more than 200 antiaircraft batteries of different types,' some of which are so new that they have been installed in Syria 'before being introduced into Russian operation service.' While you're digesting that, take a look at the map of Syria: Notice how far away Dayr az-Zawr is from Israel. An F15/16 attack there is not a tiptoe across the border, but a deep, deep penetration of Syrian airspace. And guess what happened with the Russian super-hyper-sophisticated cutting edge antiaircraft missile batteries when that penetration took place on September 6th. Nothing.

El blanko. Silence. The systems didn't even light up, gave no indication whatever of any detection of enemy aircraft invading Syrian airspace, zip, zero, nada.

i have checked about Syria SAM system and unfortunately i could not come up with anything Latest.
the article you quoted goes to extent that some of Russian systems are in Syria that are not even inducted in russian forces as yet :what:

all they have are
S-75 / SA-2 Guideline
S-125 / SA-3 Goa
S-200 / SA-5 Gammon
2K12 Kvadrat / SA-6 Gainful .:disagree:

please check below article, it gives detail of strategic SAM deployment i Syria with range coverage of each system marked in map.

SYRIASITES2010.jpg

for a brief overvie of article:
The following image depicts the overall SAM coverage provided by Syrian air defense sites. Using the same color scheme applied in the previous image, S-75 range rings are red, S-125 rings are blue, S-200 rings are purple, and 2K12 rings are green.

SYRIAOVERVIEW2010.jpg

complete article:
Strategic SAM Deployment in Syria
same article from another source:
http://geimint.blogspot.com/2007/09/syrian-sam-network.html

i guess these details well advocated the requirment of modren SAM system for Pakistan!

regards!

Its quite likely that Israel has allready compromised the S300 systems and I expect and any later version that Russia has produced. The only way Russia with a economy only one seventh that of the USA can produced sophisticated military equipment is to market it to other countries and you can be sure Israel will get their hands on it one way or the other. Too many countries out there where the corruption is too bad and the Mossad too good.

Israel loses Turkey, gains Greece as strategic partner
By Media Watch– July 6, 2010
Posted in: Headlines, Turkey
DEBKA
The Greek prime minister went out of his way to be of assistance, making available to the Israeli Air Force the crews and advanced S-300 PMU1interceptor missile batteries Athens purchased from Russia back in 2000. They were allowed to practice bombing sorties against these batteries, in case Moscow decided to sell them to Iran and Syria.

Its quite likely that Israel has allready compromised the S300 systems and I expect and any later version that Russia has produced. The only way Russia with a economy only one seventh that of the USA can produced sophisticated military equipment is to market it to other countries and you can be sure Israel will get their hands on it one way or the other. Too many countries out there where the corruption is too bad and the Mossad too good.

By Media Watch– July 6, 2010
Posted in: Headlines, Turkey
DEBKA

It doesn't mean that S-300 is obsolete and you can fly under its nose. It is widely believed that S-300 is better than PAC, though it is yet to be tested in the war.

It doesn't mean that S-300 is obsolete and you can fly under its nose. It is widely believed that S-300 is better than PAC, though it is yet to be tested in the war.

It does not mean its obsolete, just that it might be obsolete, do you think it would be a good idea for Pakistan or Indian to spend a billion dollars on a maybe.

It does not mean its obsolete, just that it might be obsolete, do you think it would be a good idea for Pakistan or Indian to spend a billion dollars on a maybe.

Fighter air crafts needed upgrades, maintenance etc and you are at mercy of the seller, whereas in SAM, u hardly need upgrades and maintenance. A good mobile SAM unit with a battle group is always necessary in modern war.

no it is not but then there always is a may be is each thing one can go shopping for!
the chines system are maybe not as good as US ones,
the US maybe is not a reliable supplier for us!
the russians may walk out from deal under Indian pressure!

there is nothing that back the claim of S-300 being obselete!
the example you quoted has been false.
we can only claim the failuer of S-300 if we have any example.

we say the S-300 are not tested in war so maybe ther are not as good as PAC but then, not being know to world may also means they on the day, they prove to be even better then anyone else!

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom