What's new

Supreme Court suspends operation of Sharif family's sugar mills

Sir as a nation we forget the word called humblness ... being a senior member here you are expected to be more open minded and tolerant ... if someone is doing some mistake than correct him without being personal ... a humble request ...
There's a difference between humbleness and correction. If someone isn't able to grab the common sense out of a post which is self explanatory in the first place. How would humbleness address that, in fact what would it have to do with it in the first place? The person in question has a long history of speaking out of his butt, its not the first time and rest assured not his last as well.

There's a difference between humbleness and correction. If someone isn't able to grab the common sense out of a post which is self explanatory in the first place. How would humbleness address that, in fact what would it have to do with it in the first place? The person in question has a long history of speaking out of his butt, its not the first time and rest assured not his last as well.

don't take this the wrong way. but you're intentionally trying to ignore the main topic by doing the "danyal aziz" Technic of taking the attention out of the context of the news and starting a tantrum. but with all due respect, I would like to ask you: how would you defend the LHC decision again the sharif family for illegally placing their sugar mill in an area, that they knew, was under the law of pakistan, prohibited. how do you defend them for defying the LHC ruling of stopping the operations of their sugar mills? according to you, did the sharif family did anything illegal by setting up this mill in an area in which they knew they were not legally permitted to set up and operate the sugar mill? i tried to make sure i don't leave any holes out for you to give me a reply without actually giving me an answer. the only way you can reply now is to either defend them, not defend them, or abuse me. choice is up to u.

don't take this the wrong way. but you're intentionally trying to ignore the main topic by doing the "danyal aziz" Technic of taking the attention out of the context of the news and starting a tantrum. but with all due respect, I would like to ask you: how would you defend the LHC decision again the sharif family for illegally placing their sugar mill in an area, that they knew, was under the law of pakistan, prohibited. how do you defend them for defying the LHC ruling of stopping the operations of their sugar mills? according to you, did the sharif family did anything illegal by setting up this mill in an area in which they knew they were not legally permitted to set up and operate the sugar mill? i tried to make sure i don't leave any holes out for you to give me a reply without actually giving me an answer. the only way you can reply now is to either defend them, not defend them, or abuse me. choice is up to u.
Hahahaha, what a sour looser!
I would like to ask you: how would you defend the LHC decision again the sharif family for illegally placing their sugar mill in an area, that they knew, was under the law of pakistan, prohibited
If you'd bother reading my previous replies, in fact history of being here, I never object to any decision by the court of law. I would challenge you to go out and get even a single such post where I would object even implicitly anything against the court of law. What's the cup of tea of courts, is theirs. I don't whine and call them bikao maal if something comes against what hurts my ballooned beliefs. If you can understand what class i'm talking about.
Before babbling about things you don't know about the case. Here are some of the facts
PTI secretary general Jahangir Khan Tareen (who himself owns JDW Sugar Mills) and the owners of Indus Sugar Mills and RYK Sugar Mills, among others, had filed a petition on Dec 6, 2006, challenging the Sharif families’ plan to relocate five sugar mills despite a ban under the Punjab Industries (Control on Establishment and Enlargement) Ordinance 1963.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1231972
The petition was filed by the sugar mill owners in RYK and South Punjab to stop moving these mills in their own backyard.
The petitioners alleged that the Sharif family was planning to set up new sugar mills under the pretext of relocation.
“The notification was issued to facilitate and legalise the establishment of new sugar mills owned by the Sharif family,” said the petitioners’ counsel.
Since the act stopped Establishing new Sugar mills, the petitioners took the plea that this relocation was a new establishment.
The petitioner’s counsel argued that over the years, the provincial and the federal governments had prohibited the establishment of new sugar mills in Bahawalpur, Muzaffargarh, Rajanpur and Rahim Yar Khan in order to protect the cotton crop.
So these relocated mills effectively rattled the cage of suger mills in this area.
The real reason behind the bar was
The judge held that the respondent sugar mills had failed to comply with the requirements of environmental laws and had admittedly not obtained the required permission.
but left the door open for the government
The verdict ruled that the industry department’s notification allowing relocation had helped the respondent sugar mills circumvent the ban and establish sugar mills in areas where the mills could adversely affect the cotton crop. Justice Malik observed that the government should take necessary legal action in this regard.
and subsequent relief was provided to sharif family
However, the LHC’s division bench provided relief to the Sharif family by allowing three sugar mills – Ittefaq Sugar Mills, Chaudhry Sugar Mills and Haseeb Waqas Sugar Mills – to continue crushing sugarcane. The division bench also passed several interim orders in favour of the ruling family.
However, the JDW (Tareen's own Sugar Mills) and Indus sugar moved in SC against LHC.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/132603...reen-files-review-petition-top-courts-decree/
This is court's matter and purely driven by the commercial motives of PTI's General Secretary. PTI's minions are finding all sorts of moral aspects out of it :)

Last edited:
Hahahaha, what a sour looser!

If you'd bother reading my previous replies, in fact history of being here, I never object to any decision by the court of law. I would challenge you to go out and get even a single such post where I would object even implicitly anything against the court of law. What's the cup of tea of courts, is theirs. I don't whine and call them bikao maal if something comes against what hurts my ballooned beliefs. If you can understand what class i'm talking about.
Before babbling about things you don't know about the case. Here are some of the facts

The petition was filed by the sugar mill owners in RYK and South Punjab to stop moving these mills in their own backyard.

Since the act stopped Establishing new Sugar mills, the petitioners took the plea that this relocation was a new establishment.

So these relocated mills effectively rattled the cage of suger mills in this area.
The real reason behind the bar was

but left the door open for the government

and subsequent relief was provided to sharif family

However, the JDW (Tareen's own Sugar Mills) and Indus sugar moved in SC against LHC.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/132603...reen-files-review-petition-top-courts-decree/
This is court's matter and purely driven by the commercial motives of PTI's General Secretary. PTI's minions are finding all sorts of moral aspects out of it :)
What you keep ignoring is that Lahore High Court issued more than 7 stay orders against the construction of Mills until High Court settles the issue of "relocation", how come they were built in the first place defying the Stay Orders?

Stooges of Takht-e-Raiwand are making all sorts of exaplainations to defend the illegal practices done by Ganja family for their commercial interests.

What you keep ignoring is that Lahore High Court issued more than 7 stay orders against the construction of Mills until High Court settles the issue of "relocation", how come they were built in the first place defying the Stay Orders?

Stooges of Takht-e-Raiwand are making all sorts of exaplainations to defend the illegal practices done by Ganja family for their commercial interests.
Can you show me anything source which claims such?
As far as news goes
PTI secretary general Jahangir Khan Tareen and the owners of Indus Sugar Mills and RYK Sugar Mills, among others, had filed a petition on Dec 6, 2006, when Tareen himself was the minister for Industries in Pakistan under Musharraf.

And it wasn't only the ones related to sharif family but Also Chaudry Sugar mills. But since Tareen was sitting in the lap of Chaurdies at that time, he only moved against sharifs which were in exile.
1104021470-1.jpg

1104021470-2.gif

Last edited:
Can you show me anything source which claims such?
As far as news goes
PTI secretary general Jahangir Khan Tareen and the owners of Indus Sugar Mills and RYK Sugar Mills, among others, had filed a petition on Dec 6, 2006, when Tareen himself was the minister for Industries in Pakistan under Musharraf.

And it wasn't only the ones related to sharif family but Also Chaudry Sugar mills. But since Tareen was sitting in the lap of Chaurdies at that time, he only moved against sharifs which were in exile.
1104021470-1.jpg

1104021470-2.gif
I can't find the clip regarding TV's reporter telling about it. Here are two other references.
Relocation of Sharifs’ sugar mills stayed

The construction was started way before even Govt' notification in 2015.
New sugar mills being raised despite LHC stay

And the petition by JKT was filed in start of 2016. Here is the decision
sys.lhc.gov.pk/appjudgments/2016LHC2910.pdf

Back
Top Bottom