What's new

SUPARCO to launch Paksat 1R satellite next year

Congrats to SUPARCO and Pak scientist ..even i this difficult time you guys are determine to achieve your goals . any one on forum can provide more details about rocket and launch site ?

Last edited:
Its about time, we almost lost all the progress made in Mush's era on space technology.

What did I say now? is he not an Indian? it's so obvious from his posts. What's wrong in calling an indian an indian?:undecided:

Dude, we don't care if he's Indian or not, the fact that you used the word "Indian" as a racial slur is wrong.

keep race out of it, and don't feed the troll! :nono:

I think the satellite will be launched by china.at present pakistan do not have a lunch vehicle .
pakistan first need to develop a sub-orbital lunch vehicle,then they might try for developing geo sync. lunch vehicle which will able them to lunch heavier weight communication satellites.& i think in near future pakistan will able to develop one..

Congratulations. Are there any details available of the launch vehicle?

Yeah same old news is being repeated after every few months
but the good thing is its always asserting to the same deadline :)

I hope they successfully launch this Satellite and nothing goes wrong Insha'Allah

Yeah same old news is being repeated after every few months
but the good thing is its always asserting to the same deadline :)

I hope they successfully launch this Satellite and nothing goes wrong Insha'Allah

Ensh'Allah!

Congratulations to the Pakistani Scientific Establishment .....! Its a start ....the Suparco can collaborate with Turkey in more advanced satellite development......and diversify their applications....to Metereology,Education,Ocean study etc....

Pakistan does not have a launch vehicle to put the satellite into 36,000 Km orbit!

the news clearly say that it will be launched by pakistan. see imran khan's link.

currently pakistan do not have capacity to built a communication satellite with 26 transponders. paksat 1r is first communication satellite. so i told the satellite is chinese and the launch vehicle is pakistani. searched google.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...om/albums/e308/muhammed_Alee/image009.jpg&t=1
teo11pakistanslvmodel2ev5.jpg

I did some search of possible indigenous launch vehicles and I came across this project.
------------------------------------------------------------

Shaheen-3 LV

Pakistan successfully test-fired in four times a Shaheen-2 surface-to-surface ballistic missile. It has a range of 2,700 kilometres. It were the first test flights of the two stage solid-fuel Shaheen-2. The Shaheen-2 is the longest-range missile tested by Pakistan so far. Shaheen-2 is not an advanced version of Shaheen-1, which has a range of 700 kilometres.
All the planned technical parameters were successfully validated during the tests. The tests demonstrates Pakistan’s advanced scientific capability in the strategic field.
It is reported that the Shaheen 1 and 2 missiles have been developed by the Pakistan National Defence Complex (PNDC) with assistance from SUPARCO, the Pakistan space research organisation, and from the Atomic Energy Commission.

The Shaheen-1 (Hatf-4) is probably a copy of China's M-9 missile. The Shaheen-2 (Haft-6) is probably a copy of China's unknown two-stage missile M-18.
The Shaheen-2 uses like the M-18, two aerospace solid rocket motors developed by China Hexi Chemical & Mechanical Company. A relevant motor for the first stage is the L-SpaB-140B with diameter of 1.40 m.

The future Space launch vehicle Shaheen-3 (three stage solid-fuel, diam. 1.40 m, length ~25 m) can transport a little scientific payload in a Low Earth Orbit. For the Shaheen-3 is doubled the first stage of the Shaheen-2.
During the IDEAS 2002 defense exhibition Pakdef spotted two similar models of Pakistani Satellite Launch Vehicles. The first model points out a possible three stage SLV ( ? Shaheen-3). Judging from other similar SLV's, it is estimated that it can place a payload weighing less than 80 kilogram to an orbit 450 kilometers above Earth's surface. The second model of the SLV seems similar to the first model however, with four extra boosters ( ? Hatf-2, diam. 0.61 m). The exact data remains unknown.

model.jpg

Models of Pakistani space launchers

Shaheen-II.jpg

Versions

Shaheen.jpg

SLV_1.jpg

Shaheen 3 SLV

Source:

Shaheen-3 LV

The future Space launch vehicle Shaheen-3 (three stage solid-fuel, diam. 1.40 m, length ~25 m) can transport a little scientific payload in a Low Earth Orbit

SUPARCO says Indians and others launch satelites. However it does not talk about itself launching space satelites:

Satellite Launch Vehicle

sorry guys the Pak sat 1r will be built by china and will be launched by CZ-3B-chineese carrier rocket and will be launched from china...
Suparco should do more research in making a satellite and and carrier vehicle....
PAKSAT-1R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
launch site:-Xichang satellite launch site,China
Sometimes when thing is available to buy why build. All matters is it will be ours and can be used for our nation.

Anyway from the same page you posted

Although the satellite is currently underdevelopment in China; the SUPARCO scientists and Chinese scientists are closely collaborating in the development of satellite. SUPARCO scientists successfully indigenously developed the prototype of PAKSAT-1R

Back
Top Bottom