What's new

Sunanda Pushkar found dead in hotel room

Sunanda_Pushkar_360_new.jpg

Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, was found dead at The Leela Palaces Hotel in Delhi

New Delhi: Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor had checked into Delhi's plush The Leela Palaces Hotel in Chanakyapuri on Thursday morning along with her husband and union minister of state for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor, the minister's assistant said.

On Friday evening, she was found dead on the bed of her suite no 345, by Mr Tharoor, some time after he returned from an all-day Congress party meeting at the Talkatora Stadium.

The police said Mr Tharoor informed them at about 8.30 pm that he had found his wife dead. Mrs Tharoor had been unwell and her attendant, the police said, thought she was resting and so had not checked on her. (Read: PM speaks to Shashi Tharoor, condoles wife's Sunanda's death)

Mr Tharoor's assistant said he called the police as soon as he found his wife dead in the bedroom of their suite. (Condolences pour in on Twitter)

At about 8 pm, Mr Tharoor tweeted that he would not attend the Jaipur Literature Festival that began today because his wife was unwell.

The Tharoors had checked into the hotel as their Delhi home was being painted, the minister's assistant said.

On Wednesday, in a series of tweets, Mrs Tharoor, 52, had accused a Pakistani reporter, Mehr Tarar, of "stalking" her husband. That evening, she told NDTV on the phone that she planned to seek a divorce and was "heart-broken", details not reported by NDTV because it was seen as a private matter. (Read: Mehr Tarar 'absolutely shocked' at Sunanda P Tharoor's death)

In a phone interview on Thursday, she said she was happily married, but reiterated her charges against Ms Tarar. (Blog: I wish Tharoors happily ever after, says Pakistani journalist)

The couple then issued a statement which said they are "happily married" and intend to stay that way." The statement added that Mrs Tharoor was unwell and sought privacy from the media. (Happily married and intend to remain that way: Shashi Tharoor, wife Sunanda after Twitter row) | (Read: Full statement by Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda after Twitter controversy)

The police have not yet said what caused Mrs Tharoor's death. A post mortem will be conducted tomorrow. (Read: Sunanda Tharoor found dead in Delhi hotel, post-mortem tomorrow)

Rest in Peace .

Now the golden question , suicide or murder ?

There is more to it than meets the eye. Prominent journalists are now coming out in the open claiming that within last 24 hrs she spoke to quite a few of them & wanted to expose Shashi Tharoor. Will there be a thorough investigation... or will be covered up?

Some theories doing the rounds suggest it was ISI's handiwork.

There is more to it than meets the eye. Prominent journalists are now coming out in the open claiming that within last 24 hrs she spoke to quite a few of them & wanted to expose Shashi Tharoor. Will there be a thorough investigation... or will be covered up?

Yeah, it was in the news yesterday as well. Even just now I heard Barkha Dutt say the same thing.

But, i really don't think Tharoor would do this. He may be a flirt and infidel or even corrupt , but he just doesn't seem like a murderer.

Many of her friends are saying she was not that kind of person who will ever kill her self...

and looking at her last two marriages one ending in divorce and in the next one her husband getting killed in an accident ... I dont think she is a weak lady...

Meri baat suno

Yeah, it was in the news yesterday as well. Even just now I heard Barkha Dutt say the same thing.

But, i really don't think Tharoor would do this. He may be a flirt and infidel or even corrupt , but he just doesn't seem like a murderer.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

But yeah, until anything incriminating him is found/proven, I would refrain from accusing him of Murder.

Many of her friends are saying she was not that kind of person who will ever kill her self...

and looking at her last two marriages one ending in divorce and in the next one her husband getting killed in an accident ... I dont think she is a weak lady...

Precisely! & even if she has committed suicide... there is a chance that it was aided & abetted by someone!

Sunanda Pushkar may have had genuine reasons to believe that Shashi Tharoor had been seduced by another Woman. After all, didn't she do it herself? :p:

But why would the ISI possibly want to set up a Honey trap for Shashi Tharoor? He wasn't serving in any capacity for any sensitive Govt Ministries or Boards, was he? Somehow find this angle very unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom