What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

That's the same thing I said, that FGFA will powered by Type 30, and the lasted news is that Type 30 will be ready for the first production PAK FA and another their is really nothing joint about Type 30.

:) Not really read your post again and the last news clearly stated that the first tests for type 30 will only be on 2014, so won't be ready for Pak Fa delivery for Russian air force in 2015. Btw, Russian officials offered the joint development to India, but it's not clear if we agreed to it.

:) Not really read your post again and the last news clearly stated that the first tests for type 30 will only be on 2014, so won't be ready for Pak Fa delivery for Russian air force in 2015. Btw, Russian officials offered the joint development to India, but it's not clear if we agreed to it.

Head of UAC said that production PAK FA will have F-22 like nozzles, so it doesn't make sense for first batch to have 117 with round nozzles, then switching to flat nozzles with Type 30 in the next batch. So not only it doesn't make sense but its downright stupid. If other programs are anything go by both PAK FA and FGFA will delayed.

My own personal prediction is that PAK FA will go into service in 2016 at the earliest, with first FGFA prototype will appearing only in 2015.

I am a realist, not a cheerleader like most members of this forum.

Head of UAC said that production PAK FA will have F-22 like nozzles, so it doesn't make sense for first batch to have 117 with round nozzles

Nozzles are one thing, the engine itself another. There is no problem to shape the nozzels of the current 117 like that and it even has 2D TVC, but the NG engine will come only in later stages and that's why India delayed FGFA induction too, because IAF was not ready to take a half ready 5th gen fighter. Not to mention that more important than the nozzles are the coverings of the engines, which currently are not shapped and if it finally included radar blockers, or another feature to hide the engine compressors.

Nozzles are one thing, the engine itself another. There is no problem to shape the nozzels of the current 117 like that and it even has 2D TVC, but the NG engine will come only in later stages and that's why India delayed FGFA induction too, because IAF was not ready to take a half ready 5th gen fighter. Not to mention that more important than the nozzles are the coverings of the engines, which currently are not shapped and if it finally included radar blockers, or another feature to hide the engine compressors.

Neather will the RUAF:)

In April 2011, the general director of “Saturn,” Ilya Fedorov said that the establishment of the second stage engine is ahead of schedule, and the supply of new power plants is scheduled for 2015 informed the Russian Defense Ministry . In the same year, the Russian air force to will get the first production T-50.

Testing of the new engine for the PAK FA in 2014 | idrw.org

60543_429781177075255_675668162_n.jpg

FGFA is just a export version of PAKFA, will Russia agree to redesign the rear part especially the nozzle covering engine compressor for India alone?

FGFA is just a export version of PAKFA, will Russia agree to redesign the rear part especially the nozzle covering engine compressor for India alone?

Russia will induct it too.. And what objection will they have if India is reday to fund the project?

What do you mean by the Bolded part ???
India isn't purchasing and project is JV.

Neather will the RUAF:)

Yes, but they won't have the type 30 by then, because it still will remain in test and trial stage. The official statements that I showed are clear, Russian air force gets an early version of Pak Fa, with upgraded Su 35/34 techs, while the real 5th gen Pak Fa and FGFA will come only at the end of the decade.

FGFA is just a export version of PAKFA

Not really:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-updates-news-discussions-66.html#post3610064

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-updates-news-discussions-66.html#post3615155

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-updates-news-discussions-68.html#post3620989

What do you mean by the Bolded part ???
India isn't purchasing and project is JV.

Already discussed, so just ignore it.

Yes, but they won't have the type 30 by then, because it still will remain in test and trial stage. The official statements that I showed are clear, Russian air force gets an early version of Pak Fa,

Russians officials have a history of saying one thing and end results being very different and Russian generals are world class trolls that make best ones here on PDF look rank amateurs in comparison, so if I were you I would not put much weight into those "statements", so don't be surprised they come out next month saying something completely different.

don't believe me? I could give you dozens of examples.

with upgraded Su 35/34 techs, while the real 5th gen Pak Fa and FGFA will come only at the end of the decade.

Upgraded Su-35/34 tech ? :what: I don't recall nether Su-35 or 34 of having AESA radar, L-band radar on its wings or another dozen feathers that i could list.

I thought Su-35 has L-band radars on wings, but no AESA, stealth tech, etc. for sure.

Back
Top Bottom