What's new

Suicide Explosion in Hassankhel (Laki Marwat)

May Allah bless the departed souls. These are the signs of an enemy who is sensing defeat. First hard targets and now soft targets.

I want to ask Imran Khan, JI and Nawaz Sharif to explain why these innocent people from Laki Marwat were attacked.

Casualties were probably mostly males, imagine the number of housholds losing their only bread earners.

LAKKI MARWAT: Death toll in Friday evening's suicide attack on a gathering in Lakki Marwat has hits 75 while several other are critical injured. - AFP

"But it's always America asking, "why do they hate us". ??!!"

Don't kid yourself. Not all hate us. Many whom do are xenophobes with sectarian perversities.

There are many Pakistanis whom I hate too. If they're irhabists that wish to see the taliban do to Afghanistan what they won't tolerate for Pakistan, I hate them.

If they're Pakistanis that wish to see the taliban in power in both countries, I hate them too.

Are you one of those Pakistanis that think the taliban are good for Afghanistan but bad for Pakistan or do you prefer the taliban for both countries? If either, I'll hate you too.

I hope that you're the type of Pakistani who realizes the duplicity involved with allowing one to use your lands from which to make war on others. It's wrong and encourages others to do the same to you.

Thanks.:usflag:

***UPDATE***

Suicide Blast Kills At Least 88 at Pakistan Volleyball Game
PAKISTAN - 1 JANUARY 2010

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – A suicide car bomber killed at least 88 people on Friday after targeting a crowd gathered for a volleyball game in a northwest Pakistan village in the deadliest strike in more than two months.

The latest bombing marked a bloody start to 2010 for Pakistan, which has seen a surge in attacks blamed on Taliban in recent months as Islamist fighters avenge military operations aimed at crushing their northwest strongholds.

A man detonated his vehicle, which was packed with explosives, as fans gathered at a field to watch two local teams face off at a volleyball tournament in the village of Shah Hasan Khan, in Bannu district, which borders the Taliban stronghold South Waziristan.

"The villagers were watching the match between the two village teams when the bomber rashly drove his double-cabin pick-up vehicle into them and blew it up," district police chief Mohammad Ayub Khan told AFP.

"The death toll has risen to 88 and 37 others were wounded," Khan said.

Six children and five paramilitary soldiers were among the dead, he added.

Khan said that more than 20 houses on both sides of the open ground where the match was being played had collapsed, some with families inside.

The tournament was organised by the local peace committee, who had supported a government operation to expel militants from the area, Khan said.

It was the highest death toll from a suspected militant strike since a massive car bomb on October 28 killed 125 people in a crowded market in the northwestern provincial capital Peshawar.

Ramzan Bittani, a 33-year-old driver, told AFP by telephone from a local hospital that he had left the match to take a call.

"As I was listening, I saw a huge blue and white spark followed by an ear-piercing blast. When I was able to figure out what had happened, I saw bodies and smoke all around. My hand was fractured," he said.

Anwer Khan, 18, a student, said that he had just stepped out of his house and he saw a black pick-up speeding up towards the spectators.

"A giant flame leaped towards the sky. There was bright light everywhere, just like a flash, and then a very huge blast shook everything. Two pellets hit my forehead and blood started flowing," Khan said.

District police chief Khan blamed the bomb on Islamist extremists who were the target of a military operation in Bannu district last year.

Security has plummeted over the last two-and-a-half years in Pakistan, where militant violence has killed more than 2,800 people since July 2007.

The northwest has suffered the brunt of the militant campaign, with suicide bombings increasingly targeting civilians.

Also on Friday, an anti-Taliban tribal leader and four others were killed in a roadside bomb in Bajaur tribal district, the latest in a wave of attacks against respected elders allied with the government against the extremists.

Source: AFP

Last edited:
A statement made on the New Year, so you guys are going to see more Terror attacks in your country.. Just awful makes me sick that innocent people are dying.

"But it's always America asking, "why do they hate us". ??!!"

Don't kid yourself. Not all hate us. Many whom do are xenophobes with sectarian perversities.

There are many Pakistanis whom I hate too. If they're irhabists that wish to see the taliban do to Afghanistan what they won't tolerate for Pakistan, I hate them.

If they're Pakistanis that wish to see the taliban in power in both countries, I hate them too.

Are you one of those Pakistanis that think the taliban are good for Afghanistan but bad for Pakistan or do you prefer the taliban for both countries? If either, I'll hate you too.

I hope that you're the type of Pakistani who realizes the duplicity involved with allowing one to use your lands from which to make war on others. It's wrong and encourages others to do the same to you.

There was a period indeed when most if not all countries in the world either wanted to be with America if not like America and while US wanted to adopt the role of the Universal policeman, it was adamant to deliver judgement rather than doing justice. Before you detail your break down on likes and dislikes, pause for moment and ask your self, there are other superpowers likes of Russia, China, France etc., why are only American Nationals targeted all over. Talibans are a menace to our society and we are making more sacrifices than all combined to rid them from our land BUT, BUT just like a full veil is unacceptable in West, a white female will never be able to flaunt her flesh in say down town Kabul, hence if experiment in Iraq is anything to go by, America will never be able to implement it's version of democracy on others. One doesn't has to admire Saddam or like the Taliban to conclude, there was at least stability in those countries before the free world champion gate crashed to stir it.

There was a period indeed when most if not all countries in the world either wanted to be with America if not like America and while US wanted to adopt the role of the Universal policeman, it was adamant to deliver judgement rather than doing justice. Before you detail your break down on likes and dislikes, pause for moment and ask your self, there are other superpowers likes of Russia, China, France etc., why are only American Nationals targeted all over. Talibans are a menace to our society and we are making more sacrifices than all combined to rid them from our land BUT, BUT just like a full veil is unacceptable in West, a white female will never be able to flaunt her flesh in say down town Kabul, hence if experiment in Iraq is anything to go by, America will never be able to implement it's version of democracy on others. One doesn't has to admire Saddam or like the Taliban to conclude, there was at least stability in those countries before the free world champion gate crashed to stir it.

I think you make a valid point about Americas' perceived arrogance in many places across the globe, and by extension the arrogance of some Americans.

There are also reasons to be frustrated and exasperated by the United State's seemingly naive desire to mould all countries into their own image.

However (since you live in the UK, you may appreciate this), I think it wrong to equate US itself (part of "the West" as you said) to Afghanistan with this analogy:

BUT just like a full veil is unacceptable in West, a white female will never be able to flaunt her flesh in say down town Kabul

My experience in the US has been the opposite. There is far more tolerance of diversity in the US than in any country that I have been to (the UK may be an exception, I've not lived there for any length of time). I think one should not confuse the perceived arrogance of US foreign policy with the innate generosity, forthrightness, individual dignity and freedom America gives to all cultures within her borders.

The topic is about the dammn Talibaan. Taliban have killed 75 innocent of Pakistan and four times, 300 Talibaan need to killed. Personally I would like to shoot 150 and behead the other 150. That will be a great service to Islam.:pakistan::sniper::sniper:

"...there are other superpowers likes of Russia, China, France etc., why are only American Nationals targeted all over."

Oh, you mean like French journalists outside Kabul yesterday? Or the Beslan school massacre a few years ago? Or perhaps U.N. workers having their places of residence bombed just recently? How about the Chinese kidnapped and killed on your own land? Or the Pole?

Just a small and off-the-top of my head sampling without benefit of google.

Your rhetoric is clumsy and your facts threadbare.

88 dead as reported by "Dawn"..when this spree is going to end ?
condolence to all those innocents killed, let God give those mourners enough strength to come over the ordeal.

"...there are other superpowers likes of Russia, China, France etc., why are only American Nationals targeted all over."

Oh, you mean like French journalists outside Kabul yesterday? Or the Beslan school massacre a few years ago? Or perhaps U.N. workers having their places of residence bombed just recently? How about the Chinese kidnapped and killed on your own land? Or the Pole?

Battle of Mogadishu (1993) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UNOSOM II's attempts to implement disarmament led to violence. On June 5, 1993, twenty-four Pakistani troops in the UN force were killed in heavy fighting in an area of Mogadishu controlled by Aidid. The next day, the United Nations Security Council issued Resolution 837, calling for the arrest and trial of those responsible for the ambush.
Ooopsss...And yet these people freely call Americans 'ignorant'.

Oh geeezz!! as usual the thread have to come to blame american, ....you are hated all over.

Pakistani problem is same as ever - never look in your own house blame it on other- its like when -

A CAT ATTACK A PIGEON HE CLOSES HIS EYES- BUT THAT WONT SAVE HIS LIFE.

the problem is in pakistan and no matter how much you ignore it will remain there and grow bigger- these attacks are increasing day by day. without any hope of peace.

may the soul of dead rest in peace. and Pakistani official get a few neurons working and take some big step. problem is : pakistan is being bombed by its own people, so they are their own enemy.

let there be light and peace wins this war.

Oh geeezz!! as usual the thread have to come to blame american, ....you are hated all over.

Pakistani problem is same as ever - never look in your own house blame it on other- its like when -

A CAT ATTACK A PIGEON HE CLOSES HIS EYES- BUT THAT WONT SAVE HIS LIFE.

the problem is in pakistan and no matter how much you ignore it will remain there and grow bigger- these attacks are increasing day by day. without any hope of peace.

may the soul of dead rest in peace. and Pakistani official get a few neurons working and take some big step. problem is : pakistan is being bombed by its own people, so they are their own enemy.

let there be light and peace wins this war.

This is complete and Utter bull crap the reason why did this is because the people of this village formed a peace committee to push the taliban out of their village. Every one in our country knows that these attacks will happen for a while because we have dispersed the terrorist and they are doing all they can to save the ground they hold which the army is moving closer and closer. Might i suggest you really understand why this happened and then start giving Pakistani officials your intellectually superior advise oh GREAT ONE!!! :hitwall:

Man the world smells a little different than Starbucks Coffee, do you really think all these French, Canadian, Poles or any other would be in Afghanistan if America wasn't feeling adventurous.? Comparing Beslan massacre or the Chinese killing in the context is a pathetic digression from facts. Why not bring Yemen, Egypt, Saudia or Iran into the equation and there was even that tragic case of Daniel Pearl in my country, ask yourself why did those desperate Palestinians started to dance in the streets, when images of those planes hitting twin towers were first beamed. The menace of suicide bombing was unheard of in my country until it jumped on American band wagon, but you have the knack to term it as an example. Ignorance has no boundaries.

Back
Top Bottom