What's new

Sub Detection PN and Intel have ability to track subs thousands of km away.

The actual details of such operations will never be released to the media, as it is classified information.

The information released to the media was enough, but as usual the media wants to make a story out of an outline and try to connect the dots, but as they don't understand such operations, they fabricate, assume and speculate to make things more confusing.

Clandestine sub opns are conducted by all navies to gather intelligence of their adversary. This has been done since WW2. We do the same against each other all the time.

In this case this unlucky CO, was caught while trying to enter its patrol area beforehand and then was tracked by the PN for some time with active and passive sensors. The sub was then told that we are "on top" and it eventually had to come to PD to run diesels.

When a sub exposes her position, it's the end of her mission.
The CO's career may have ended after his lapse.

Deliberate or idiocy which is highly plausible and someone can expect it from Indian forces especially indian navy which have poorest safety record and officers were reportedly indulge in wife swapping.

That depends on which side of the border you belong to.........Rest of your rants: Not worth responding to....

There would have been 100 of ships around NY at the time we speak. Plus yatches, big boats plus mammals. How will an sub differentiate btw warships and other ships? Is this even possible? Most possibly bragging on the part of BAE.

Hi,

By the sound it creates ( acoustic signature )-----.

I would take "OP's wishful thinking" for $1000.. There is no such capability wit PN..

Recent detection and tracking of injun diesel electric submarine, points to new tracking system in operation that can track indian subs, coming from home ports and tracking them from massive distances.

System is classified so can't even mention what it is, or how it operates.

Suffice to say if we can easily detect a very quiet diesel electric, we can.......................

NUFF SAID, with sugar on top.

HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!!!!!!

what are you talking man?

Do you even know how these systems work??

Any tracking is active and passive specially in cases of SONAR. It means if you activate your system for 10 minutes to detect a submarine, a submarine can also detect the source of SONAR waves coming and forward the location to the destroyer in the nearby and hence cover is blown and so is land based or airborne SONAR

The only things saves you from Submarine is swiftness in action .. nothing else. No matter how good ASW you have.

There would have been 100 of ships around NY at the time we speak. Plus yatches, big boats plus mammals. How will an sub differentiate btw warships and other ships?

It's also important to note that while sound travels faster in water then above it at various altitudes, it still takes time to travel. If an Astute class can hear sounds from NYC Harbor from about 5000 km away, the sounds it hears may not represent what is actually in the harbor at that time because in the time it takes for the sound to reach the Astute across the ocean, the ships may have moved.

It's the same phenomenon we see when looking up at the night sky. The stars we see may or may not still be there, but their light is only just reaching us and we see what they looked like in the past.

y0f3yfx6zmbu6ysxobam.jpg

Tracking an object you're seeing in the past isn't going to give you an accurate picture of where it is now, just a general location if you can assess key metrics like its speed or direction of travel. That said, the signatures will carry and you can make out specific vessels if the fidelity is good enough, they'll just not be where you heard them by the time the sound reaches you.

Tracking an item over extreme distances requires a persistent watch. No one system, other then a submarine, is going to have the eyes needed to maintain a track on a moving underwater item over long distances with a high degree of certainty.

And this is why nation's build networks around surface, subsurface, aerial and orbital platforms to provide real-time, persistent tracking of targets of interest.

The PN has had this capability to years, just on a more regional scale compared.

This whole discussion is my forte. I work with systems purpose built to track and identify underwater weapons like submarines or mines.

11102016J%C3%98_5356.t5809a762.m1600.x01cac653.jpg

12102016J%C3%98_9495.t5809a77a.m1600.x4391fa6e.jpg

12102016J%C3%98_9502.t5809a780.m1600.xd695eead.jpg

11102016J%C3%98_5328.t5809a74c.m1600.x55c6511a.jpg

Any tracking is active and passive specially in cases of SONAR.

In the case of passive listening the submarine isn't going to know it's being watched unless listening itself. Passive is listen only, no sonar pulses are put out that would trip a countermeasure.

Magnetic anomaly detection is the same. It's listen only and a submarine can likely hear the sound of an aircraft or helo attempting to track it from above, though sound doesn't translate from water to air easily, but it can't detect the passive listening of a MAD array. If it detects an attempt to find it, it can administer decoys however.

20111029th_267.t4eabdcbc.m1600.x8a37e3ef.jpg

That P-3 isn't using active measures, it's just listening to what the ocean has to offer. If it expends countermeasures like sonobuoys, a submarine is likely to detect the sound they make as they hit the water and begin transmitting (if active), however.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of passive listening the submarine isn't going to know it's being watched unless listening itself. Passive is listen only, no sonar pulses are put out that would trip a countermeasure.

Magnetic anomaly detection is the same. It's listen only and a submarine can likely hear the sound of an aircraft or helo attempting to track it from above, though sound doesn't translate from water to air easily, but it can't detect the passive listening of a MAD array. If it detects an attempt to find it, it can administer decoys howeve

And this is why I am saying, the Submarine wanted PN to detect itself, and most probably it was listening and tracking too.

What else will our naval attache say? With budget PAkistan has, we know how much realistically afford.

The capability that the OP is saying, I have not heard of it ever being possessed by a super power. How come Pakistan has it?

I read the article in Dawn. The sub was detected when it came to snorkeling depth. It was then that PN realized there is a sub in Pakistan waters. This is more plausible then some fantasy flight about possessing some out of the world capability.

According to reports the sub was under constant watch for 5 days. it didn't even come inside Pakistani territorial waters.
You are free to believe what you like. I am just quoting someone who happened to be a commodore. chances of him BSing are very remote.

Typical looser like comment.

Sleep child. go to bed. your kind was not the intended audience of my comment.

@Rafi
Yes Here is Pakistans Top Secret Force and True Capabilities ,
Armed Forces , Weapon Suits
Fantasy_Army_of_robots_comes_096559_.jpg

Next Gen JF 18 and JF 19 for PAF
images

JF 19
call%20of%20duty%20jackal%202.jpg

And Upcoming Fleet of PN
17n0y0r3mio6jjpg.jpg

If it was up to your this would have been Pakistan Armed Forces in 1999 , you would have already captured whole world
Yes Pakistan Army keep Something in shadows thats because its there job and they are facing a enemy which is far more superior , and has numeric advantage but Taking to this level is wrong buddy

As I said to some other random Indian, I will say to you as well. go to bed and take your beauty sleep.

So you mean that it was merged before it enter pakistani waters,. but once it reached the most sensitive spot, it surfaced and started charging its batteries ???? well if thats the case, then i hope every Indian Naval officer have the same thinking like the captain of this sub,.

All foxes have the same barking sound..
Birds in the flock fly together...

and i will say to you , you need to wake up , and stop smoking whatever you were smoking

I don't BS son. neither I watch star wars, alien invasion, that you are so fond off. OP is correct and I am just approving his post.

I don't BS son. neither I watch star wars, alien invasion, that you are so fond off. OP is correct and I am just approving his post.
LoL most common thing on pdf, when you dont have legit response to counter argument use disrespect , verbal abuse

Well what can i say
tiny brains not processing complex information is a common disease and you sir are part of Same group

First You need come out of your Kuku or lala land to face reality
And post reported

LoL most common thing on pdf, when you dont have legit response to counter argument use disrespect , verbal abuse

Well what can i say
tiny brains not processing complex information is a common disease and you sir are part of Same group

First You need come out of your Kuku or lala land to face reality
And post reported

What is your response or counter argument sunshine ? you are barking your typical Indian non sense , its laughable. What response could be for your BS?
The FACT that Indian sub was under watch for 5 days before it was confronted, perhaps from the time she left her base, only vindicates what OP has written . And as I said, I am just consenting on his comments.

What is your response or counter argument sunshine ? you are barking your typical Indian non sense , its laughable. What response could be for your BS?
The FACT that Indian sub was under watch for 5 days before it was confronted, perhaps from the time she left her base, only vindicates what OP has written . And as I said, I am just consenting on his comments.
Just because i dont belive in your BS em indian,
Wow thats a new low ,
First PN martian navy on mars now indian sub was under watch for 5 days by what
By fleet ship or Sub because the most sane option would have been a sub , because fleet was busy with exercise and dumb luck of indian captian he got screwed right between PN and if you see the video , sub wasnt sub merged underwater so for whole 5 days helicopter was flying and tracking a submarine and recording and submarine being submarine forget to go underwater give your bs a rest and stop showing us your idotic side

Yes Pakistan Got Lucky and they showed a face to India as enemy will do and thats the end point not the martian tech which you imagine Pakistan has in use

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom