What's new

Strip-search uproar: What about the nanny?

Arey bai her Devyani salary is 4100$. How can u pay 4500$?
Secondly she should have mentioned in the agreement, that food, stay expenses are covered plus regular salary! THis should have avoided arrest.!
While many dont dispute the arrest, the manner in which it is done, is what angers us. Remember Kalam, SRK and Krittika Biswas , a teenage girl case of Indian diplomat?
Its a pattern, of them showing arrogance. However its a wake up call for India, to formulate our own labour laws, which is pending in parliament since 1947

Yaar tell me i want a mercedes benz, i cant afford it so i falsify data/ steal it.Is my not able to afford it a justification.NO.Same is the case with her.One more thing, you mean to say that what deviyani is getting paid was less than what the maid should have been paid, you are unware about remittances govt workers get on foreign posting.She could have given her due salary according to the law of the land, but she didn't...Why?? "Nokrani ko itna kaun dega" attitude.If she was not ready to pay, why she brought her all the way to U.S?

Yaar tell me i want a mercedes benz, i cant afford it so i falsify data/ steal it.Is my not able to afford it a justification.NO.Same is the case with her.One more thing, you mean to say that what deviyani is getting paid was less than what the maid should have been paid, you are unware about remittances govt workers get on foreign posting.She could have given her due salary according to the law of the land, but she didn't...Why?? "Nokrani ko itna kaun dega" attitude.If she was not ready to pay, why she brought her all the way to U.S?

I told yo. She did wrong. But US govt have gone over the top in treating a Indian diplomat in a humiliating way. She could have been handled sensibly . handcuffing, stripsearch, is violation of Vienna conventions. This is not the 1st time US doing it. We are way too much giving US diplomats perks even for consular officials in India

First of all , all this data came from deviyani sister...i wont hold a candle to that.Second, i find the part where she lied to the visa about the salary she is going pay to the maid, non-compailance of U.S laws, thinking it just fine to underpay...and especially the attitude of indians....all jumping the gun to hail deviyai as virgin mary and the maid as devil itself.

What sister? These facts were mentioned and discussed in the debates on various channels. Dr. Khobragade's father Uttam Khobragade also participated in a few debates.

About the lying of the salary, it was wrong and the MEA was in the process of changing the service rules for taking maids and other help abroad since the Neena Malhotra case. But this incident happened before the rules could be changed.

Nobody is hailing her as Virgin Mary, my friend. It's just that these instances where US insults Indian diplomats and later apologizes are happening too frequently. And in this instance, the Delhi High Court proceedings have also been ignored.

If the "Nokrani" did not find the salary ok, why did she come? Who put a gun to her head?

I told yo. She did wrong. But US govt have gone over the top in treating a Indian diplomat in a humiliating way. She could have been handled sensibly . handcuffing, stripsearch, is violation of Vienna conventions. This is not the 1st time US doing it. We are way too much giving US diplomats perks even for consular officials in India

The diplomat did NOTHING wrong. She just followed the template issued and cleard by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.

GOI would have cleared the template after discussing with the US govt. The SAME procedure is followed by EVERY Indian diplomat in the US for the last 40 Years.

The Real issue is the RAPE of the Indian Diplomat by the US Law enforcement agents and sanction of that RAPE by the US govt. and the protection of those RAPISTS by the US govt.

What sister? These facts were mentioned and discussed in the debates on various channels. Dr. Khobragade's father Uttam Khobragade also participated in a few debates.

Nobody is hailing her as Virgin Mary, my friend. It's just that these instances where US insults Indian diplomats and later apologizes are happening too frequently. And in this instance, the Delhi High Court proceedings have also been ignored.

If the "Nokrani" did not find the salary ok, why did she come? Who put a gun to her head?

All i am saying is that the facts have been disclosed by deviyani's relative intent to prove her holy cradle of innocence prosecuted by evil minions of U.S.We can hardly rely on them.

Second about insulting indian diplomats, i agree we should look into that affair seriously, but in this case i say boldy that U.S is not at fault.

Thirdy, the nokrani was not aware of U.S minimum wages, she was never informed of her rights.Typical high society Indians, they treat lower population like scum.

The Accused Devyani Khobragade is Indian. The Victim Sangeeta Richard is Indian. The Prosecuting US Attorney Pretinder Singh Bharara is Indian-American. This is an Indian Drama being played on Global Stage.
Also Marshals were American too.

All i am saying is that the facts have been disclosed by deviyani's relative intent to prove her holy cradle of innocence prosecuted by evil minions of U.S.We can hardly rely on them.

Second about insulting indian diplomats, i agree we should look into that affair seriously, but in this case i say boldy that U.S is not at fault.

Thirdy, the nokrani was not aware of U.S minimum wages, she was never informed of her rights.Typical high society Indians, they treat lower population like scum.

You are an Indian, do you think 30,000 INR is pittance? And that too with all her expenses borne by her employer?

How can you say that the US is not at fault? So would they be okay if we handcuffed and arrested their diplomats on any trivial matter? I don't think so. India just removed the barricades on the road around the embassy and the US Govt. was "concerned" about its diplomats.

Her father-in-law worked for a US diplomat in Delhi and yet the maid was ill informed?
I am not saying that high society Indians do not treat their staff with dignity. There are many who really think that because they are rich, they own everything around them. But that is not the case here. The maid was too smart , not only she blackmailed, got away scot-free and also got herself and her family moved to US to live happily.

She works 5 hours a day and earns 30000 per month!
I wish I could get that job!

Better still you get to live in New York Luxury Apartment, ride a chauffeur driven car, get free food, free healthcare, free dental, free insurance, a diplomatic passport.

The best part is you can then claim to be a "slave" and get US asylum for yourself and your entire family :lol:

How SWEET is that ? :P

Indians are angered, that some one else got to run their respective fingers in her cavities instead of the Indians getting to rape her first ?

The maids getting so many....yay, fcuk her rights of getting fair wages according to the law of the land, fcuk false declarations amounting to perjury so that madam ji can save few bucks, forget all of it...lets just focus on what the maid gained, how the hell can a maid, just a Lowly maid get a free car ride, lodging huh.

LOL. Why not ? You will ONLY believe on intent of Americans ? :lol:

For the rest of us, facts disclosed by any other Indian is just as valid.

So the US if free to RAPE Indian diplomats ? :cheesy:

Her MIL used to work for an American diplomat, her FIL worked for the US embassy, her BIL worked for the US embassy, her Husband worked for the US embassy, yet this maid is a ignorant, ignorant baby :lol:

None so blind as those those who choose not to see.

The maids getting so many....yay, fcuk her rights of getting fair wages according to the law of the land, fcuk false declarations amounting to perjury so that madam ji can save few bucks, forget all of it...lets just focus on what the maid gained, how the hell can a maid, just a Lowly maid get a free car ride, lodging huh.

If the maid was not happy about her wage, why did she not quit her job and come back to India ? :cheesy:

defend the rich and prosecute the poor is India government job and priority maybe?

Back
Top Bottom