What's new

Streets of Shame - Pakistan

widespread is an exaggerated word in this case. its NOT widespread

The article says otherwise--

Peshawar is not alone in its shame. Zia Awan, a human rights lawyer, says child abuse is a national problem: "It's going on everywhere. In the big cities, or small cities, towns. Everywhere this is happening."

I think the use of the word widespread is appropriate if this is true.

The article says otherwise--

Peshawar is not alone in its shame. Zia Awan, a human rights lawyer, says child abuse is a national problem: "It's going on everywhere. In the big cities, or small cities, towns. Everywhere this is happening."

I think the use of the word widespread is appropriate if this is true.

widespread is not the proper word. everywhere doesnt mean its going on, on a large scale

How did you ascertain the level of prevalence?

media had been working on it.

This was called mundey-bazi in our area , the beautiful gopley popley boys were chased by other sexually frustrated boys and sometimes even by men.

and what is that wide area can you mention ?

I know about Peshawar so i can tell you widespread is also an exaggeration about the city if you talk.

The opinion of a single person is not an authority.

Besides the word everywhere is a general phrase

I know about Peshawar so i can tell you widespread is also an exaggeration about the city if you talk.

The opinion of a single person is not an authority.

Besides the word everywhere is a general phrase

The use of the word "widespread" was based on the original post of this thread. It was appropriate in that sense. You don't necessarily have to agree with Zia Awan.

widespread is not the proper word. everywhere doesnt mean its going on, on a large scale

media had been working on it.

ROFLMAO.....Widespread means exactly that, just like this disgraceful, pathetic thing is widespread in India as well. I guess your the type of person who also believe that India, USA, Israel etc are behind the terrorist bombings in Pakistan.

Pakistan govt. Should rather find ways to remove this disease rather than oppressing such news. Indeed this and alike this crimes are real shame for the society as well as to a country.

It's a sad world and certainly a sick society we live in, where even daughters in their infancy are not safe.
Men prey on infant, young daughters in Punjab - Hindustan Times

This is not a tit for tat thread . If you cannot stomach the gruesome reality, I suggest you stay away rather than incite it.

Back
Top Bottom