What's new

Strange death of Sufism!

With due respect to everyones opinion and madhabs in islam, with advancement of science sufi mysticism cant answer questions that Salafis can. If you look at religious debates between us and christian missionaries, athists or jews, you will see what kind of questions we face and it will be very difficult to answer with mysticism in this age of science.
I follow debates of Adnan Rashid, ustad Seikh Uthman on youtube, a great watch, both originated from pakistan but great debaters and scholars on comparative religion.

You will find salafie movement are more evidence based and try to follow the roots of islams as it tries to follow what sahabies did or noted that later saints or imams so appealing to masses. So with information availability to more people like me are moving towards the core.

Allah only gave us one religion and madhabs are openions of great imams and hope it all brings us to jannah.
You summed its up very well.
there is Only one islam we have it by having Quran and sahih hadith.
therefore divide is not good nor is permissible .

You are a funny guy, with UK flags and a low post count, plus a dubious account name.

If the Salafis, Ahle-E-Hadith, and Deobandis are not the mainstream Orthodox Sunnis, then who are?

What is the correct interpretation of Sunni Islam. Can you please clarify.

Show me in Qur'an and Hadith where it says to practice Sufism?

Islam was brought to Bengal by Sufis.

I am a Sylheti. Which is full of Sufi shrines.

Without these Sufis I would be a Hindu.

Wahabis did not bring Islam to my forefathers.

Brave Sufis did!

You are a funny guy, with UK flags and a low post count, plus a dubious account name.

If the Salafis, Ahle-E-Hadith, and Deobandis are not the mainstream Orthodox Sunnis, then who are?

What is the correct interpretation of Sunni Islam. Can you please clarify.

Show me in Qur'an and Hadith where it says to practice Sufism?

Try debating without personalising.

If your arguments are good - you don’t need to attack me or call names.

I am just asking questions.

Sufism is not associated with Hanafi Fiqh and Sufis are found in all fiqh. Regardless what tariqah/silsila one is following, he or she must have clear and strong on Aqeedah.

Barelvis is Pakistan have destroyed true Sufism because of their Aqeedah.
What's Sufism in Pakistan Aqeedah please ? I'm not aware there is any difference in Aqeedah between Madhabs.

Concerning Tunisia، well it was a Suffi population until the end of the French colonisation, after the independence in 1956, mass civil education terminated it.

It's only some folklore now in remote areas.

Islam was brought to Bengal by Sufis.

I am a Sylheti. Which is full of Sufi shrines.

Without these Sufis I would be a Hindu.

Wahabis did not bring Islam to my forefathers.

Brave Sufis did!

Try debating without personalising.

If your arguments are good - you don’t need to attack me or call names.

I am just asking questions.
Ok how do you define sufi islam.
practices , etc??

What's Sufism in Pakistan Aqeedah please ? I'm not aware there is any difference in Aqeedah between Madhabs.

Concerning Tunisia، well it was a Suffi population until the end of the French colonisation, after the independence in 1956, mass civil education terminated it.

I forgot about Tunisia.

Shows how Sufis spread Islam.

i dont know where did they get different types of islams?
now days whenever you meet a new muslim he starts following Quran and hadith naturally.
and we have it by our prophet s.a.w.w ( that we need to obey ALLAAH Pak(quran) and sunnah(hadith) there is no other islam

Small 10 min excerpt from wonderful talk by Abdul Hakim Murad. Tasswuff is the heart of Islam, always has been, always will be. People straw man it and talk of charlatans the peers the ones calling to themselves, stealing money. Even Ibn Taymiyyah, May Allah have peace on him, spoke of positive of Sufism. Who’s a Sufi is not Ibn Qayim or Abdul Qadiani Al Jillani both hanbali scholars. Most Muslims follow Madhabs (and consensus of scholars on Quran and Hadith from the salad) and a minority in their own interpretation of Quran and sunnah from this “enlightened time.”

Sufism is alive and well. The vast majority of Muslims around the world are involved in some sufi practices.

Just because you see some BS by charlatans on tiktok and social media does not mean these crooks are sufis.

The crux of sufism is focusing on combating the nafs through remembrance of Allah at all times.

Anything that is outside the norms of shariah is not sufism.

I hope this thread is a joke.

I believe the mainstream Sunnism is Salafism, Ahle-E-Hadith, or the Deobandis.

Show me where it says in Qur'an and Sunnah to practice Sufism?

Do you know what sufism is?

Ok how do you define sufi islam.
practices , etc??

Main difference between Sufism and a cult like Wahabism:

1. Always takes the most companionate interpretation of the Quran and Hadith.

2. Open to debate on contentious issues without issuing fatwas.

3. Would never attack a fellow Muslim just because they disagreed with the way they practiced Islam.

4. More interested in growing the number rather than purity. Look at how various groups were co-opted by the Mughals.

5. Importance of preserving our history e.g. shrines

The difference between madhabs is a matter of fiqh not aqeedah.

Unfortunately in our part of the world the clergy has turned Islam into a joke.

Every group is busy calling the other kafir, even people who are of the same fiqh and aqeedah.

The difference between madhabs is a matter of fiqh not aqeedah.

Unfortunately in our part of the world the clergy has turned Islam into a joke.

Every group is busy calling the other kafir, even people who are of the same fiqh and aqeedah.
That's why I was interpellated by the quoted post and asked ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barelvi
majority (Sufi tilted)- popular in Kashmir, Punjab, interior Sindh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deobandi
second-biggest- Orthodox
popular in Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Urdu speaking population but significant minority presence throughout the country and is considered government approved/sponsored version sect
3rd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelver_Shi'ism
decent minority everywhere strong presence in some districts of south Punjab

pure Salafist- popular among Gulf returnees or modernists islamaists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isma'ilism
Popular in Northern Pakistan- Gilgit, Baltistan, and some Gujrati (region of India) migrants of 1947

I hope this thread is a joke.

I believe the mainstream Sunnism is Salafism, Ahle-E-Hadith, or the Deobandis.

Show me where it says in Qur'an and Sunnah to practice Sufism?
Every Madhab will tell you that they are following "El Salaf", السلف الصالح, with their interpretations, so no need to exclude any Madhab as long as it's within the Islam Aqeeda and Charia.

Main difference between Sufism and a cult like Wahabism:

1. Always takes the most companionate interpretation of the Quran and Hadith.

2. Open to debate on contentious issues without issuing fatwas.

3. Would never attack a fellow Muslim just because they disagreed with the way they practiced Islam.

4. More interested in growing the number rather than purity. Look at how various groups were co-opted by the Mughals.

5. Importance of preserving our history e.g. shrines
it looks like you are the write of suffism here??
no??
i want to know these definnations by some one well known in sufism .
if you ask me what is islam i would Quote Mohammad S.a.w.w because no other has the right to define islam .
so where did sufism generated?
who was the first sufi??
did Mohammad s.a.w.w preach sufism??

it looks like you are the write of suffism here??
no??
i want to know these definnations by some one well known in sufism .
if you ask me what is islam i would Quote Mohammad S.a.w.w because no other has the right to define islam .
so where did sufism generated?
who was the first sufi??
did Mohammad s.a.w.w preach sufism??
Exactly show me in Qur'an and Hadith where it says to practice Sufism or mystical rituals which have nothing to do with Islam.

Sufis are nothing but innovators. Bid'dah is a major sin in Islam.

Sufism is alive and well. The vast majority of Muslims around the world are involved in some sufi practices.

Just because you see some BS by charlatans on tiktok and social media does not mean these crooks are sufis.

The crux of sufism is focusing on combating the nafs through remembrance of Allah at all times.

Anything that is outside the norms of shariah is not sufism.

Do you know what sufism is?
Show me in Qur'an or the Sunnah where it is acceptable to practise, preach, and behave like this:
1652739611528.png

1652739694463.png

This is what you get after misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

These are heretics.

Just because some baboon with UK flags trying to misguide people on a Green Pakistani forum.

Attachments

• 1652739672252.png
    1652739672252.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom