What's new

Stockholm suburbs enflamed with riots for days

Battle of Kursk

Reaction score
‘Multiculturalism failing’: Stockholm suburbs enflamed with riots for days, Swedish PM calls to get neighborhoods ‘back’

Hundreds youths hurling rocks, burning cars and smashing windows for the second day in a row in Stockholm say they are protesting against police brutality and inequality. In Sweden, critics of the multiculturalism policies lash out at immigration laws.

Seven policemen were injured, at least ten cars and countless containers set on fire, and dozens of windows smashed in several heavily immigrant-populated neighborhoods of the Swedish capital on Tuesday.

The police said some 300 people are now taking part in riots, which started in protest against the shooting of a man allegedly armed with a knife in the Stockholm district of Husby. The protesters also cited beatings and ‘discriminative’ derogatory remarks of the officers.

The protester are mainly young, the police said. Of the seven rioters arrested on Tuesday only four were detained, two of them later released, and one turned out to be underage.

All of the men arrested on suspicion of violent rioting and assaulting a public official were aged between 15 and 19, the police said.

Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt on Tuesday commented on the matter, urging a halt to the violence, but acknowledged in the short term that may be unlikely.

“We have groups of young men who think that that they can and should change society with violence. Let’s be clear: This is not okay. We cannot be ruled by violence,” Reinfeldt said as cited by the Local.

He also urged “everyone, including parents and adults” to help restore calm.

“Husby residents must get their neighborhood back,” Reinfeldt stressed, speaking of the district, where around 80 percent of about 11,000 residents are first- or second-generation immigrants. This particular district has seen employment increasing and crime falling in the last seven years, Reinfeldt added, speaking of the “right direction” it has been going.

But not everyone agreed with Reinfeldt’s assessment of immigrant-populated Swedish districts development, with critics saying the integration policies of the country – and that of the whole of Western Europe – are “not working.”

“This is a clear consequence of this multiculturalism politics that Sweden adopted around ‘80s and increased in the ‘90s... And this is not a unique one single occasion… we have had these ethnic-based riots against Swedish authorities. We have seen this in Western Europe, that is very sad, and I think we will see more of this, if we don’t change the politics,” the chairman of the Sweden’s National Democrats Party Marc Abramsson told RT.

While not elaborating on the incident that caused the current riots, Abramsson said all such incidents have a common “problem beneath” – that is, the immigrants not identifying themselves with the country’s society, nor accepting the country’s authorities, sticking only to their own ethnic group.

“Sweden has been trying harder than any of the countries in Europe to try to push for integration. We have invested virtually billions from taxpayers’ money into it, we have tried everything that the scientists have presented – and still it’s not working,” the politician argued.

“They live in their area, and they feel the area is their own. And when the police arrive, they feel they are you intruding into their, sort of, ‘country.’ The police… who work in these areas, there have to be in two cars, one protecting the other. People are trying to maintain buildings, to have security guards, the fire department can’t work, they get attacked by angry immigrant youth that feel like they’re intruding into their own area, even though they’re trying to help,” Abramsson went on to say.

?Multiculturalism failing?: Stockholm suburbs enflamed with riots for days, Swedish PM calls to get neighborhoods ?back? ? RT News

What is your take on what is happening?
I would like to hear people from the region, if they can provide more insight on what is happening and why.

Deport,deport,deport them all!! Even if they are second generation immigrants because these guys clearly aren't swedish,it's time to take the gloves off if we don't want Europe to look like the middle east.

I blame it all on the welfare system that western states have in place and before anybody starts to shout the usual "racist!" i am talking about all immigrants here.I know a guy with whom i grew up with that went to Denmark and for years he just milks the danish welfare system dry,he comes back in Romania only on vacations and,ofcourse,he has more money than me who earns an honest living here.Welfare for immigrants it's just stupid,one should emmigrate only if he can sustain an honest living,the ones who can't must be handed marching orders.

@flamer84

Deporting your own citizens,are you high?

When throwing billions on integration or welfare obviously gets you riots,killings,etc in return,one must think out of the box me thinks.
I wonder how would the pakistanis authorities react if hundreds of christian youth took to the streets in a burning rampage to "protest".:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deport,deport,deport them all!! Even if they are second generation immigrants because these guys clearly aren't swedish,it's time to take the gloves off if we don't want Europe to look like the middle east.

I blame it all on the welfare system that western states have in place and before anybody starts to shout the usual "racist!" i am talking about all immigrants here.I know a guy with whom i grew up with that went to Denmark and for years he just milks the danish welfare system dry,he comes back in Romania only on vacations and,ofcourse,he has more money than me who earns an honest living here.Welfare for immigrants it's just stupid,one should emmigrate only if he can sustain an honest living,the ones who can't must be handed marching orders.
@flamer84

It is surprising that coming from a citizen of a "tolerant" country....

I am not sure if you know your immigration laws well...In order to LEGALLY immigrate, you need to show bank statements, job , amount of income, and whatnot....However, if you immigrated ILLEGALLY...than that is a different case... :whistle:

Well, when you do not give them welfare eg. Pakistan we are brutal...When you give them welfare eg. West they are called fools ...World has twisted laws...and people are confused!

When throwing billions on integration or welfare obviously gets you riots,killings,etc in return,one must think out of the box me thinks.
I wonder how would the pakistanis authorities react if hundreds of christian youth took to the streets in a burning rampage to "protest".:undecided:

Swedish social security net needs an overhaul to avoid leeching, sure!

Sweden needs an immigration overhaul, Sure!

Swedish govt needs to solve the immigrant ghettos problems, sure!

As a matter of policy these issues are not rocket science if the govt is willing. I am just bewildered at the level of animosity towards your own citizens.

Pakistan is not Sweden and yes our Christians have been protesting in the past over different issues. We haven't deported them yet. We Pakistanis host the largest refugee population on earth,when was the last time you heard,Pakistanis butchering and deporting refugees?

Its a policy issue that can be solved if the Swedish govt has its priorities right.

@Talon

No human is illegal. Only thing illegal is human trafficing.

Swedish social security net needs an overhaul to avoid leeching, sure!

Sweden needs an immigration overhaul, Sure!

Swedish govt needs to solve the immigrant ghettos problems, sure!

As a matter of policy these issues are not rocket science if the govt is willing. I am just bewildered at the level of animosity towards your own citizens.

Pakistan is not Sweden and yes our Christians have been protesting in the past over different issues. We haven't deported them yet.

I have lived in Sweden and know a bit about the country...
The total population of the country is about 9 million...and most of the youngsters who get educated immigrate to America on the first possible opportunity...
Probably they are the only country of the world who cancels your Swedish nationality of you don't renew your passport after 5 years,assuming that you have immigrated elsewhere,such is the high rate of Swedish immigrating abroad.
More than 60% of the country is empty inhabited by reindeer,moose and trees.
Under such conditions they did and still need some sort of humans to come and inhabit their country that's why one of the most open immigration policies in the whole of the western world.
The whole economy relies on Handful of corporate giants such as Ikea,Aldi,Lidl,Volvo,Saab and a few more...Thats why not many jobs available in the country,but tax money and foreign revenue is abundant through these corporates and that's why their Social security system is very generous..Its a way of channeling tax money directly to the people and cover up for their inability to provide jobs.
Most immigrants in sweden are from Africa,and yes many of them never work,and keep living on social security but many do work and perform jobs locals cant do or wont do.

I had one encounter with their police...I was on a trekking trip in far north and got lost in the forest..Took me 17 hours to find the nearest population and then to find the local police station,so that they can help me back home,and they were brilliant.

In this particular case they didnt manage the situation well,they shot an old man with mental health issues and that sparked anger,and then they tried to quell the public anger with more force and people retaliated...

and swedish chicks are super hot :D
So all those who think Swedish are being nice by letting immigrants in are ignorant and don't know the country...

They are rioting about inequality?

How about doing some work and not living on dole hand outs!

inequality about police treatment which is very biased in Stockholm...
shooting a mentally ill person can make people angry..Swedish police doesn't shoot anybody,but did shoot an immigrant.

some stats here...
'Most Swedish emigrants ever in 2011': report - The Local

2011 marked the largest exodus from Sweden in history with over 50,000 people leaving the country, with China proving to be an ever more popular destination for Swedes who move abroad.
While Sweden added 67,285 people to its population last year, a record 51,179 people left the country, reported Statistics Sweden (Statistiska Centralbyrån - SCB).

Invandrare_utvandrare_Sverige_1850-2007.svg

The above data is until 2007 but trends rebound later and more swedes go out than immigrants coming in.

In this particular case they didn't manage the situation well,they shot an old man with mental health issues and that sparked anger,and then they tried to quell the public anger with more force and people retaliated...

This mentality is the main problem, you automatically blame the police who are doing their job and back the criminals.
Then you go on and justify a Violante reaction instead of reprimanding it.
The police has given a perfectly acceptable explanation, the man attacked them with a knife. This was self defense.
You don't believe them? fine, call for an investigation. You yourself acknowledged that the police there are not a bunch of brutal murderers, quite the opposite. Then why automatically take the side of the criminal against common sense?

They responded with anger? No they responded with violence! what was the police supposed to other then contain them by force?
Violante reaction should never be the default solution, and law abiding citizens should not support violence. That is the core of the free society Europeans have developed.

@flamer84

Deporting your own citizens,are you high?

Own Citizens ? This is what a responsible citizen say..Keep this thing up in Pakistan.

@flamer84

I am not sure if you know your immigration laws well...In order to LEGALLY immigrate, you need to show bank statements, job , amount of income, and whatnot....However, if you immigrated ILLEGALLY...than that is a different case... :whistle:

Well, when you do not give them welfare eg. Pakistan we are brutal...When you give them welfare eg. West they are called fools ...World has twisted laws...and people are confused!

We should understand that people in country like us easily gets political asylum over there par hum apni auqat se baaz nahi aate..We should be thankful to them.

@flamer84

Not exactly,there are scores of immigrants who don't show bank accounts,etc they just ask asylum,or as you called it they simply come here and can't get deported because liberals scream on top of their lungs:"leave them be racists!!they're here for a better life!"...and they're left to be...

@Aeronaut-deportation(putting someone on a plane back to his own country and ban his return on threat of jail sanction) does not equal death camps or butchering them.
On most of youre statements i can say we both agree,welfare system needs a recheck ASAP and as i've stated it's not about muslims but east europeans(i am eastern european),africans,'insert whatever ethnic minority here' who comes here just to suck welfare money and riot/steal/engage in criminal activities.
It's not animosity towards fellow citizens,it's animosity towards criminals,i have no problems whatsoever with people who come to work,adapt and don't cause troubles regardless of their ethnicity/religion.Heck,even if i find them disgusting i can't really call for punishment against those lunatics who shout "sharia law for europe!" as long as they do it in a peaceful ,legal manner.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom